FL Homeowner Shoots, Kills Teen Burglary Suspect. Now His Family Is Mad

Putting yourself in dangerous situation would be going to a house you don't live in with the intent to rob. The robber did just that.

The lady had a gun and went to check on the house she owns. She had a means of protecting herself in a worse case scenario so she really didn't put herself in danger.

Reactions: God
the dude also fought with her before running off, my mindset in that situation would be to make sure this can't happen again

maybe the kid didn't deserve death but I don't feel bad that was the outcome

so she knew how many ppl were in her house?

she knew that just because she had a gun she had the ultimate advantage?

"going home to check" before waiting for police was ok?

Putting yourself in dangerous situation would be going to a house you don't live in with the intent to rob. The robber did just that.

The lady had a gun and went to check on the house she owns. She had a means of protecting herself in a worse case scenario so she really didn't put herself in danger.

Bingo.

She obviously got there before the cops...People here are saying she had no right to go home. Wrong. The cops place low priority on home B+Es which is clearly evidenced by her getting there first. These people basically want her to allow the thief to take his time and finish looting the house and get away easily.

For all we know she could have been trying to apprehend him and he didn't comply...

Of course it's ok. It's her house. For all she knew it could've been a false alarm. She's not wrong for checking up on her own house.

Well she did have the trump card in being that she was armed. Sucks for the robber, but that's the risk he took. No matter how you try to spin it that was a potential outcome of his actions.

Reactions: God
Of course it's ok. It's her house. For all she knew it could've been a false alarm. She's not wrong for checking up on her own house.

Well she did have the trump card in being that she was armed. Sucks for the robber, but that's the risk he took. No matter how you try to spin it that was a potential outcome of his actions.

Exactly. The city sends bills for false alarms. If my alarm went off I would go home and make sure everything is ok/check it out. Obviously being careful in the process.

Agreed.

Exactly to the last part. All the more reason to not break into houses and try to rob people. At worst the homeowner will be judged by 12. At worst, the robber will be carried by 6 or get hit with jail time and serious injury. Neither are a good outcome for them.

Bruh I heard of a lot of guys dying just for arguing with a chick over stupid ish, I guarantee theres people out there that would murder you just because.

Last edited:
there it is

you talking about taking a life to protect a house not taking a life to defend your own life

there it is

you talking about taking a life to protect a house not taking a life to defend your own life

protecting your house is easily protecting your life as well

he could have easily been armed and it has still not been released if he was

thats a risk the robber took when he decided to break into the house.

You risk breaking into the house of the person who is able to diffuse the situation but decides to shoot you out of anger regardless and knows he'll likely get away with it. I don't think that was the case here, but that can potentially happen when you break into houses.

Life isn't fair and that kid has no one to blame but himself for being dead.

she wasnt at the house, so she wasnt in danger

like you say he mighta been armed

so her having a gun aint protecting her life if he was strapped too

thats why she shoulda waited till police arrived to be sure its safe

its prolly something in the house she aint want police to find

Halo-_Reach_box_art.png

when she got home she caught him breaking in, there was a struggle and she shot him

she probably should have used her extensive sniper training to hit him in the knee

“If there’s any type of situation that happens or they believe there’s a burglary at the home or any type of confrontation, dial 911. Have the police make that confrontation,” Ferrin said. “That’s what we’re here for.”

Back
Top Bottom