Flashing car lights on a red light, to turn light green?

My sister told me this a while back, and she did it yesterday, it worked, but i dont know if it was a coincidence.
She said its because the lights are sensative to police lights?
Anyone ever tried it?

i'm gonna try this myself...
having a light in your neighborhood that take forever to change FTL

i heard that a long time ago. and all the times i tried it..it never worked...so no it dont work
indifferent.gif

i don't think so. however there is a small device you can buy that you press and it changes the lights however it is illegal to own and use one.

nope but if your close to the lights at night with no incoming traffic eventually it would turn green

i hear if u run a red lights on busy intersections it turns green. someone check and let me kno how it goes.

yes and no... some lights do have a sensor for emergency vehicles, however ur high beams have no effect on it

it works for me. just shine your highbeams at long red lights. pretty sure it only works at night though

Originally Posted by nYcHipHopHippo

i hear if u run a red lights on busy intersections it turns green. someone check and let me kno how it goes.

all good

False. What really happened was that the light was MOTION censored. By the time she rolled up to it, it had already "made up it's mind" to giveher the green when she got to the light because no other traffic had 1st priority (read that somewhere)

Now I know from personal observation that on certain streets, the light may be set to remain red (or green) unless traffic comes through. That way the busierstreet out of the two will have the right-of-way most of the time. For example, after about 1AM, 11th ave here in gary is ALL green, ALL night, all the waythrough UNLESS perpendicular traffic is coming.

Originally Posted by ccsp707

lights are motion censored

false. those black circles and lines u see on the approaches of each intersection's legs are LOOP detectors. when something heavy and made of metal runsover it, it triggers the presence of a vehicle. the loop sends a signal to the computer to give green time to that approach that just got triggered and isgiven the green light when approprite. most traffic signals are configured this way unless they are pretimed or ur traversing through a relatively unpopulatedarea.

lights are not motion censored and that high beam trick does not work...

the sensors are actually under the pavement. they detect metal the concentration of what's above it.

that high beam thing is actually coincidence. you're there for a certain amount of time which triggers the switch of lights.

Originally Posted by rleung03

it works for me. just shine your highbeams at long red lights. pretty sure it only works at night though

Did it last night while approaching 3 reds, all turned green way b4 I reached the intersection...

It works only if the traffic lights have a sensor that looks like a camera. Thankfully in Vegas, most lights have em.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by pianoman52

Originally Posted by ccsp707

lights are motion censored

false. those black circles and lines u see on the approaches of each intersection's legs are LOOP detectors. when something heavy and made of metal runs over it, it triggers the presence of a vehicle. the loop sends a signal to the computer to give green time to that approach that just got triggered and is given the green light when approprite. most traffic signals are configured this way unless they are pretimed or ur traversing through a relatively unpopulated area.
*ding ding ding* We have a winner.

Originally Posted by goldenarmz97

Originally Posted by rleung03

Did it last night while approaching 3 reds, all turned green way b4 I reached the intersection...
was there traffic on the other roads? were you on the main road? tehre are a lot of things that factor into that

Back
Top Bottom