Flight Club Consignment trend

they started turning away certain sneakers I'd offer to consign saying either they have too many of the particular style in stock or they don't have any demand for it.

I just wanted to see if there is a reason for their gradual change in consignment practices.

you answered your own question

I'm not posting this to complain or rant. I'm merely trying to see if others are experiencing the same things and seeing the same trends

So I've been consigning with Flight Club NY (haven't dealt with LA) since all the way back in '05 when they were still "vintagekicks.com." They've always been pretty open to accepting ANY and all shoes that I'd offer to consign and flexible with the selling price. But about a year or so ago they started turning away certain sneakers I'd offer to consign saying either they have too many of the particular style in stock or they don't have any demand for it. And now with their new system, 90% of the time it seems they never accept any of my initial proposed consigning prices and will counter it by offering a significantly lower selling price.

Again I'm not knocking their customer service or anything like that because I've never had any problems with them for that matter. I just wanted to see if there is a reason for their gradual change in consignment practices. Any input or comments would be helpful
I deal with RIF in L.A. and used to deal with FCLA and you are correct regarding them turning away particular shoes and countering prices. This seems to be the norm now as when before they were happy to sell any shoe someone brought in the door.
Signs are out there that this bubble is going to pop
You couldn't be more wrong. There is a very large demand for specific shoes which keep the market at the pace it's been at for years and will continue to be at.

got a question for anyone whos ever sold with FC before.....

basiclly how does the process go and when do you get paid 

I'm not posting this to complain or rant. I'm merely trying to see if others are experiencing the same things and seeing the same trends

So I've been consigning with Flight Club NY (haven't dealt with LA) since all the way back in '05 when they were still "vintagekicks.com." They've always been pretty open to accepting ANY and all shoes that I'd offer to consign and flexible with the selling price. But about a year or so ago they started turning away certain sneakers I'd offer to consign saying either they have too many of the particular style in stock or they don't have any demand for it. And now with their new system, 90% of the time it seems they never accept any of my initial proposed consigning prices and will counter it by offering a significantly lower selling price. 

Again I'm not knocking their customer service or anything like that because I've never had any problems with them for that matter. I just wanted to see if there is a reason for their gradual change in consignment practices. Any input or comments would be helpful

can you offer some examples of the shoes you attempted to put up for consignment but were turned down?

also an example of a price you wanted to consign at but were quoted lower?

please? thank you.

got a question for anyone whos ever sold with FC before.....

basiclly how does the process go and when do you get paid 
The one thing I did like about selling at FC was how organized they are. Once your shoe sells, you will receive an e mail from them. These e mails are usually sent out on Monday mornings. The only downside at least in L.A. is you can only pick up your check on Tuesday. That's the only day of the week you can get paid for your shoes.

i feared it was somthing like that i got a pair of db 9s i wanna unload but i prefer not to ship welp just i gotta just trust in the bst fourms

I deal with RIF in L.A. and used to deal with FCLA and you are correct regarding them turning away particular shoes and countering prices. This seems to be the norm now as when before they were happy to sell any shoe someone brought in the door.

countering prices? thing is I don't see how this could be if most shoes are selling for exponentially more than years past.

so either guys are asking for too much or FC is trying to be affordable.

Will say that some shoes on FC are noticeably cheaper than the average market price. Copped the Atmos Infrared 90s (Duck Camos) from FC for quite a bit less than they were going on twitter, projectblitz, eBay etc....

Plan on putting up a large volume of shoes for consignment, but now with their new system they told me they can only let me send in 50 at a time. Which I'm fine with, but certainly different from times I was able to bring in 150+ pairs at a time.

Also what pairs have they been noted to be turning away?

Last edited:
They turn away GRs and footlocker shoes.

Everyone thinks they are a reselling and Are going to make hundreds off those GR Retros sitting in footlocker.

Doesn't work that way.

:lol: oh, that's ALWAYS been the case for the most part lmfao. They don't got time for that.

Got me worried for a moment.

Last edited:
They turn away GRs and footlocker shoes.

Everyone thinks they are a resellers and Are going to make hundreds off those GR Retros sitting in footlocker.

Doesn't work that way.
I can't imagine anyone trying to bring in anything like that, but who knows :lol:

I'm hoping ya dudes are no more than 21 years old, no grown man should be investing this much energy into this culture, specially the way it is nowadays....you should laugh at yourself if you still trying to cop and play the resellers game, go get a job :lol:

I'm hoping ya dudes are no more than 21 years old, no grown man should be investing this much energy into this culture, specially the way it is nowadays....you should laugh at yourself if you still trying to cop and play the resellers game, go get a job :lol:
Gotta love that NT logic. I love when people make blanket generalizations and don't realize what they are talking about. Fyi I have been selling off the shoes I have accumulated over the past decade because there is no way I can wear them. The consignment route has been the safest way for me to unload them. With how many people use eBay to scam sellers, it's just not worth it. It's nice to get a large return on shoes that you got for retail. Cashing out in the current market has been extremely profitable for me. Now there are people who do hustle shoes to make a living and I can't knock the next man for doing what he needs to do to make money. When you make an ignorant claim about dudes needing to find a job after being a certain age; you just come off as a complete douche.

Last edited:
Gotta love that NT logic. I love when people make blanket generalizations and don't realize what they are talking about. Fyi I have been selling off the shoes I have accumulated over the past decade because there is no way I can wear them. The consignment route has been the safest way for me to unload them. With how many people use eBay to scam sellers, it's just not worth it. It's nice to get a large return on shoes that you got for retail. Cashing out in the current market has been extremely profitable for me. Now there are people who do hustle shoes to make a living and I can't knock the next man for doing what he needs to do to make money. When you make an ignorant claim about dudes needing to find a job after being a certain age; you just come off as a complete douche.

If what I said doesn't apply to you, why the need to reply?...lol obviously I'm speaking on the dudes that use this as a profession, CLOWNS ALL OF THEM...lol glad they shut down the Foam X Preme release :rofl:

And lettuce be less sensitive bro, I'm a douche because I expect a 22 ear old man to be out earning his living and not scrambling late nights, camping out and then knockig dudes over te head for some cheaply constructed sneakers?...dudes capitalizing off the thirst of others and call that a job?... GTHO.

Some of them clowns are making 70-100K a year if not more reselling.

Not many, so stop it. Percentage wise where do they fall?...perhaps the 3% of all resellers?

The majority of "resellers" are straight up bums, buying out GRs and flipping for 150% the next day...I really can't wait for this fad to blow over and these dudes dreams to be deflated.

And lettuce be less sensitive bro, I'm a douche because I expect a 22 ear old man to be out earning his living and not scrambling late nights, camping out and then knockig dudes over te head for some cheaply constructed sneakers?
Who's to say that everyone who is hustling as a reseller falls under your blanket generalization though? Again, gotta love that NT logic.
...dudes capitalizing off the thirst of others and call that a job?
The individuals who do that are called hustlers and people will hustle anything in demand. They also don't view what they're doing as a job either.

Who's to say that everyone who is hustling as a reseller falls under your blanket generalization though? Again, gotta love that NT logic.

The individuals who do that are called hustlers and people will hustle anything in demand. They also don't view what they're doing as a job either.

I beg to differ about your second quote, but hey watevs bro.

And it's a genarilzation for a reason, if you don't fall under that blanket statement, is time to take off the cape....no need to get rustled if it doesn't have anything to do with you or how you get yours.

I beg to differ about your second quote, but hey watevs bro.

And it's a genarilzation for a reason, if you don't fall under that blanket statement, is time to take off the cape....no need to get rustled if it doesn't have anything to do with you or how you get yours.

Baby hypebeasts will always buy "exclusives" and GR's. Every outfit starts with the shoes, this "fad" will never die. People just come to forums to vent their personal opinions and over the last Decade what used to be a bunch of "REAL SNEAKERHEADS" has turned into a bunch of kids who "Hustle" shoes.. If your weren't around to see Jordan win his first in the 6's or go to war in 4's then you can't appreciate the feeling that og's got when you seen Mike in a fresh new colorwary and the only way to hear about a release was to go to Finish Line etc and try and get some info from the mgr on the next release. You had to hear on the street that a pair just dropped, and it wasn't on a Saturday morning, might be a tues-weds. There is a ton of money in the shoe game if you have a plug or you take the time to learn to restore properly.

I submitted a quote to these guys over 2 weeks ago and they still haven't reviewed it yet. Is this normal? Site says they will get back to you within 72 hours

Cosignment shops turned into RESELLER shops. THEY would rather give you $. Because they can lowball you and sell the items quick.

Back
Top Bottom