Florida bicycle riders?

Been thinking about starting to ride a bike everywhere for the exercise. But also because of gas prices and the fact that I drive a tank that gets about 14/mpg. But here in Florida everything is so far apart and its hot as hell outside so I don't know if its really practical to ride. It's not so much the distance that I'm worried about I'm in really good shape. I just don't want to show up to class and work drenched in sweat. So I want to first get some opinions from riders on how bad it is or if you don't really notice the heat since your constantly moving.

Been thinking about starting to ride a bike everywhere for the exercise. But also because of gas prices and the fact that I drive a tank that gets about 14/mpg. But here in Florida everything is so far apart and its hot as hell outside so I don't know if its really practical to ride. It's not so much the distance that I'm worried about I'm in really good shape. I just don't want to show up to class and work drenched in sweat. So I want to first get some opinions from riders on how bad it is or if you don't really notice the heat since your constantly moving.

dude im sure its pretty bad, not sure which school u go to but ive only seen ppl at UCF riding beach cruisers. Only way i'd ride a bike is if it was a beach crusier and I lived a mile from the Atlantic.

dude im sure its pretty bad, not sure which school u go to but ive only seen ppl at UCF riding beach cruisers. Only way i'd ride a bike is if it was a beach crusier and I lived a mile from the Atlantic.

UCF
pimp.gif

Depends how much you sweat. When I use to bike to work I use to be sweaty but the worst were the gnats. They get everywhere.

Depends how much you sweat. When I use to bike to work I use to be sweaty but the worst were the gnats. They get everywhere.

my boy got his license suspended and he rode bike to work (miami beach) every day. if anything carry a backpack with an extra t-shirt

my boy got his license suspended and he rode bike to work (miami beach) every day. if anything carry a backpack with an extra t-shirt

Taking a bus isn't a bad idea but it kind of defeats the purpose of bicycling for the exercise. I guess I'll just have to try it out and bring an extra shirt just incase.

Taking a bus isn't a bad idea but it kind of defeats the purpose of bicycling for the exercise. I guess I'll just have to try it out and bring an extra shirt just incase.

I ride to work every day - and change when I get there so that's easy (on a SUnday night I take in a weeks worth of clothes).

But I often have to go to meetings when I take my bike. I bought a pile of dri-fit type golf shirts and they make a huge difference - they don't stick to you and even if you're sweating they don't get damp like a cotton shirt.

I ride to work every day - and change when I get there so that's easy (on a SUnday night I take in a weeks worth of clothes).

But I often have to go to meetings when I take my bike. I bought a pile of dri-fit type golf shirts and they make a huge difference - they don't stick to you and even if you're sweating they don't get damp like a cotton shirt.

People have their biking clothes...and change once they get to work and are sufficiently cooled off and clean.

Keep a towel at work and bring your work clothes in a messenger bag.

People have their biking clothes...and change once they get to work and are sufficiently cooled off and clean.

Keep a towel at work and bring your work clothes in a messenger bag.

around UCF biking is okay but still dangerous because it gets so busy during the school day.. and if you're in the 305 it's almost a death wish.. you never see people riding bikes but folks stay 2 footin it everywhere in south FL

around UCF biking is okay but still dangerous because it gets so busy during the school day.. and if you're in the 305 it's almost a death wish.. you never see people riding bikes but folks stay 2 footin it everywhere in south FL

Back
Top Bottom