Flying Cockroaches bruh (Vol. I didn't know they existed)

[h1]It's So Hot Out Cockroaches Might Start Flying in NYC[/h1][h2]Here's another reason to hate the heat and humidity that has moved in on the tri-state this week: It's now hot enough to make cockroaches fly. [/h2]
DNAinfo reports  that the steamy conditions outside could inspire the American cockroaches that inhabit New York City and other parts of the tri-state to take flight.

"In hot steam tunnels, something with the temperature and the humidity encourages them to fly," entomologist Ken Schumann told the news website. "When it's warm and steamy that seems to be what they like."

All American cockroaches have wings and the ability to take flight, but don't typically do so unless they're in humid climates. It's a common sight in the Deep South, where some call the flying roaches "palmetto bugs." The term comes from the bugs' tendency to hang out in -- and fly out of -- palmetto and palm trees.

Scientists said that because of the abundance of trash cans and other food supplies, they typically don't need to use their wings. But with this weekend's conditions, don't be surprised if the city-slicking roaches take after their southern brethren. 

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/n...-390035131.html?_osource=SocialFlowFB_DCBrand

Call me ignant, but I didn't know they could fly.

I ****** hate flying cockroaches, especially because when I first encountered one I didn't expect it to take flight. Still traumatized to this day.

I'm out here in Georgia and can confirm that flying cockroaches are not only a real thing but some of the scariest **** you'll see in your life time

Trying to kill one is like signing your own death certificate. When you hear their wings buzzing like bees :wow: :wow: :x :wow: :x

I'm out here in Georgia and can confirm that flying cockroaches are not only a real thing but some of the scariest **** you'll see in your life time

Trying to kill one is like signing your own death certificate. When you hear their wings buzzing like bees
eek.gif
eek.gif
sick.gif
eek.gif
sick.gif
Wouldn't even bother. Would just have to be roomates at that point.

I'm from Texas and I'm all too familiar with them big *** flying roaches. To see that they are in migrating to NY is funny, because I remember on here a few years back, cats said they'd rather deal with rats than flying roaches. Now y'all gotta worry about both. [emoji]128546[/emoji]

I'm from Texas and I'm all too familiar with them big *** flying roaches. To see that they are in migrating to NY is funny, because I remember on here a few years back, cats said they'd rather deal with rats than flying roaches. Now y'all gotta worry about both. [emoji]128546[/emoji]
NYC rats are not scared of any flying ****olds.

Last edited:

Roaches always been in nyc B

Last edited:
Bruh, a roach could be dealt with. Flying or not. Rats are too ******* big. I'll take a roach anyday over an encounter with a rat.

Roaches always been in nyc B

Talking bout the flying ones. Many ppl up top didn't know flying roaches existed lol. Now they got to deal with flying roaches and rats on roids.

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--EpJN44iw--/1992sylmu1z11gif.gif[/quote]

And send the rest of the country into a Great Depression cool.

These joints come out every summer since forever it's nothing new. Besides having wings they are ridiculously fast. They would dust that Jamaican Olympian dude.

Last edited:
And send the rest of the country into a Great Depression cool.

These joints come out every summer since forever. Besides having wings they are ridiculously fast. They would dust that Jamaican Olympian dude.

Word. To be honest they may be easier to kill when flying. Once they hit land its over :lol:

Last edited:
Ya'll saying NY roaches got speed? 
laugh.gif

When they on the ground, they dead easily. Flip Flop. Raid. Broom. Whatever. IDK if I could do flying.

Bruh, a roach could be dealt with. Flying or not. Rats are too ******* big. I'll take a roach anyday over an encounter with a rat.

You acting like a rat just gonna chill there and come at you. Once they hear or feel any movement they out. Them big masta splinta rats you see on the train don't be in houses or apartments b that's nonsense

Last edited:
You acting like a rat just gonna chill there and come at you. Once they hear or feel any movement they out. Them big masta splinta rats you see on the train don't be in houses or apartments b that's nonsense
I'm jus sayin. If the time comes when I have to duel with either a roach or a rat. I'm taking a roach and exterminating. 

I'm jus sayin. If the time comes when I have to duel with either a roach or a rat. I'm taking a roach and exterminating. 

You dont understand how these roaches work. If you see one in the crib it could mean theres a whole pack in the crib. Mice cant crawl on walls and get into as much **** as roaches do.

If you have to pick a nuisance to deal with, most people would take mice

Trying to kill one is like signing your own death certificate. When you hear their wings buzzing like bees :wow: :wow: :x :wow: :x

Bruh i really feel like they didnt exist down here like that till just a couple years ago. As soon as it gets hot they are EVERYWHERE. Weirdly enough i havent seen those brown ladybug type insects at all this year.

Back
Top Bottom