Flying STAND BY

i've heard you can get a plane ticket cheaper if you fly stand by. has anyone on here done this or have tips on how to fly stand by? 

I've done it when I fly under my cousin's benefits. It's okay when you're going to obscure places (KCMO, VA, etc) however, when you're trying to get to LA, NYC, or MIA... DON'T DO IT. You will be sitting there with the disappointment face and wishing you had just spent the extra money to secure and actual seat.

^why was VA mentioned?
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

I'm from VA...so it's a place that I've flown to using standby out of Chicago. I'm speaking from experience.

indifferent.gif

I did it last year when I went to LA.

Thought I'd board the 9:45 flight, hell nah. try the 2:15.

I felt like Tom Hanks. (10 point reference)

My Dad's a pilot so i fly standby all the time. For us it is free as long as there is a seat open. and sometimes there's not
alien.gif

Like my man said, it is perfect if your flying to meduim sized airports. For AZ flying to tucson on standby is easy. Phoenix is a different story

if you go early you almost always get a flight out. anything before 7:30am i've gotten through 100% of the time. And this was from MD to CA at least 15 times.

One time trying to fly to Orlando for Universal Studios with my girl, she got on the early flight, I didn't get off work until 9am. I had to fly to Tampa! and didn't get there until after midnight that night. She had to scoop me up with my rental car an hour and a half away.

It can smooth as eggs, or just turrible.

Back
Top Bottom