Flyknit Chukka Thread

How do the frees and lunars fit? I've seen varying opinions. I wear an 11 in flyknit lunars/trainers/racers, just as a point of reference. Thanks all.
For refrence I wear a 12.5 in lunars and 11.5 in frees.Frees have a wide toebox. I love frees due to the size I can wear. Lunars, not so much.

they didnt have a 15 did they? I need a new chukka 

no sorry man. that was the one place i saw any size over 13 in the night factors.

ive only seen 15 available in the sails, neos, and university reds.

its annoying that the free chukkas have size 14-15 readily available but theyre so hard to find in the lunars.

How do you guys lace your lunar chukkas? I guess I ordered mine a little too big because when I leave them all the way to the top, the two sides of the ankles nearly touch and it looks awkward... So how do you guys tie the chukka that look the cleanest. I like to wear joggers or pinroll my pants. Thanks in advance!

How do you guys lace your lunar chukkas? I guess I ordered mine a little too big because when I leave them all the way to the top, the two sides of the ankles nearly touch and it looks awkward... So how do you guys tie the chukka that look the cleanest. I like to wear joggers or pinroll my pants. Thanks in advance!

I sized down and they still touch on my frees.

What's the best way to go about cleaning the flyknit on chukkas? I've seen people post about putting them in the washing machine but I don't think I can do it. 

Does anyone own these shoes? How do they fit? Are they just as good as the chukka lunars and are they worth buying?

I walked in my local finishline on Saturday and these Gold Flyknits caught my eye($180). Being completely new to these type of shoes I asked to try on either a size 10.5 or 11. I was told they were a return and its the only one(Sz8.5) so I went to footlocker and the biggest they had was 9.5. On to the next, Footaction & Champs didn't even carry them. Grrrrreat.....

So now i'm super curious about these Flyknit Chukkas. I've read the last 10+ pages on this post and take it the Lunars are more comfortable than the frees? How is sizing though? I wear mainly Jordans(10.5), Lebrons(11), Foamposites(11), Air Max 90's(11) but they all have thickness & padding all around and it looks like these flyknits don't. I have owned a pair of Lunarglide 5's(sz11) recently and found them quite comfortable but get super dirty quick and are tough to clean. I'm interested in these chukkas and found some cheap prices online but have no clue what size or model to choose. 

Any guidance/advice is appreciated. Ty

I walked in my local finishline on Saturday and these Gold Flyknits caught my eye($180). Being completely new to these type of shoes I asked to try on either a size 10.5 or 11. I was told they were a return and its the only one(Sz8.5) so I went to footlocker and the biggest they had was 9.5. On to the next, Footaction & Champs didn't even carry them. Grrrrreat.....

So now i'm super curious about these Flyknit Chukkas. I've read the last 10+ pages on this post and take it the Lunars are more comfortable than the frees? How is sizing though? I wear mainly Jordans(10.5), Lebrons(11), Foamposites(11), Air Max 90's(11) but they all have thickness & padding all around and it looks like these flyknits don't. I have owned a pair of Lunarglide 5's(sz11) recently and found them quite comfortable but get super dirty quick and are tough to clean. I'm interested in these chukkas and found some cheap prices online but have no clue what size or model to choose. 

Any guidance/advice is appreciated. Ty

wow, you wear the exact same sizes i do in all of the examples you listed (Jordans 10.5), Lebron (11), Kobe (11, could do 11.5), AM 1 and 90 (11) and Foam's (11).

I also wear FK Chukka's in an 11 (.5 size up from Jordan's, which i consider my true size). But when it came to the Free's, I purchased 10.5 (which fit well), but ended up returning because I thought there was no "bounce." The FSB were the only FK i purchased as a 10.5, and to be honest, you could go a full size down with those from the regular lunar's.

Again, I think the difference between lunars (my fav) to frees are night and day. Lunars have ruined me when it comes to frees.

Last edited:
wow, you wear the exact same sizes i do in all of the examples you listed (Jordans 10.5), Lebron (11), Kobe (11, could do 11.5), AM 1 and 90 (11) and Foam's (11).

I also wear FK Chukka's in an 11 (.5 size up from Jordan's, which i consider my true size). But when it came to the Free's, I purchased 10.5 (which fit well), but ended up returning because I thought there was no "bounce." The SP's were the only FK i purchased as a 10.5, and to be honest, you could go a full size down with those from the regular lunar's.

Again, I think the difference between lunars (my fav) to frees are night and day. Lunars have ruined me when it comes to frees.
So Lunar flyknit chukkas in size 11 it is. Thanks bro

So Lunar flyknit chukkas in size 11 it is. Thanks bro

Yep. You could probably do a 10.5. I just purchase the Dark Obsidians in a 10.5 last week, and they felt good, but a little too snug for my liking. It was fine, but I just the roominess in a 11, which i consider .5 size up from what i typical wear.

Buy what you like, but in my opinion, the free's are trash. I didn't think I'd dislike them so much.

Yep. You could probably do a 10.5. I just purchase the Dark Obsidians in a 10.5 last week, and they felt good, but a little too snug for my liking. It was fine, but I just the roominess in a 11, which i consider .5 size up from what i typical wear.

Buy what you like, but in my opinion, the free's are trash. I didn't think I'd dislike them so much.
think I'll just go the 11 route. Can always wear Elite socks if they are slightly big, cant do anything if they fit tight though

I sized down and they still touch on my frees.
Same here. I have a size 10 in the night factor and thought about sizing down to 9.5. When you sized down, are they still comfy, or did u wish u stayed with your original pair since the 2 ankle sides touched anyway?

got hit with custom fees from urban industry 3 weeks after buying from them smfh. 60 bucks worth. so beware if you buy from them

under 300. i bought fsbs and those meriwether zoom posites. honestly what will happen if i dont pay since i already got my shoes?

dumb question but why do we get hit with custom fees from them but i order from size? and end clothing all the time and never have any problems.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom