Flyknit Chukka Thread

man i'm still confused on the new flyknit free chukkas sizing. I rock the lunars in 9 and could even work a 9.5 if i needed to. and i have 8.5 in the FSBs which could probably even go down to 8. I'm thinking along the lines of 8.5 for them based on what you guys are all saying. would you guys concur?
i went down .5 from the lunar chukkas to the free chukkas

i went down .5 from the lunar chukkas to the free chukkas
I stayed TTS for the free chukkas, the SP Uni Golds and the Black/ Platinums, and for me, the Frees are just a hair smaller in fit than the lunars, most noticeably in the toe box. I could not have sized down. Although for the FSBs, I would follow everyone's advice and go a full size down. I think it all depends on whether you have the "roman", "egyptian", or "greek" foot. Myself, I am more the egyptian foot, so toe box size and shoe length is critical for me with fitment, more than width.

Last edited:
Just my .2 after getting the Frees in today -

My Lunars have always kinda hurt after a while to I upped .5 on my Frees and the fit is perfect (hair long but width is good and more important for me). If you have narrow feet I'd stay TTS.

I went up .5 on the OG Flyknit Free so if you have those to compare to, the toebox fit is similar.

Also:

Anyone know where to cop replacement laces? I'm not into the 3M laces and want a black pair for these Free Runs. Not seeing anything on NDC and sorry if this has been answered.

Last edited:
idk if I'm late but i just steamed my chukkas and its so great! they don't crease at the toe and they look more slim and fitted... i know nike does it but its only in select stores. 

View media item 1004943

would love to hear how you went about doing this too. i ordered some squadron chukkas in my normal size and they're really loose. i guess i have a skinny foot/ankle. ended up ordering the black/plat frees in a .5 size smaller and am currently waiting on them to see how they fit. i don't have a clothes steamer so i tried just using steam from the shower and it did absolutely nothing. did yours shrink up a noticeable amount?

would love to hear how you went about doing this too. i ordered some squadron chukkas in my normal size and they're really loose. i guess i have a skinny foot/ankle. ended up ordering the black/plat frees in a .5 size smaller and am currently waiting on them to see how they fit. i don't have a clothes steamer so i tried just using steam from the shower and it did absolutely nothing. did yours shrink up a noticeable amount?
Nice dude they look good! Could you actually explain the process, if you don't mind? B/c I'm considering on doing it too. Plus does it matter if you do it before or after you wear them a couple of times?
basically i put the paper stuffing back in so i don't over do it. i just damped a towel and made sure it wasn't too wet. had a iron set it to high and steam. put the cloth over the toe box and gently go over the toe box area a few times and see how it looks.

PS this way also works getting creases out of the lunar sole. i have like pairs that should be beat to hell but just keeping them maintained every week makes em look always 9/10

i thought people do this a lot.. might have to make a tutorial 

back on topic yeah they did. the toe box is slimmer on my toes and I'm not sure how you feel about it but i like it. its like it hugs your toes instead of having that extra free space

Just my .2 after getting the Frees in today -

My Lunars have always kinda hurt after a while to I upped .5 on my Frees and the fit is perfect (hair long but width is good and more important for me). If you have narrow feet I'd stay TTS.

I went up .5 on the OG Flyknit Free so if you have those to compare to, the toebox fit is similar.

Also:

Anyone know where to cop replacement laces? I'm not into the 3M laces and want a black pair for these Free Runs. Not seeing anything on NDC and sorry if this has been answered.
Repped. I have the same question. Would love to find a good source for replacement laces.

Last edited:

basically i put the paper stuffing back in so i don't over do it. i just damped a towel and made sure it wasn't too wet. had a iron set it to high and steam. put the cloth over the toe box and gently go over the toe box area a few times and see how it looks.

PS this way also works getting creases out of the lunar sole. i have like pairs that should be beat to hell but just keeping them maintained every week makes em look always 9/10

back on topic yeah they did. the toe box is slimmer on my toes and I'm not sure how you feel about it but i like it. its like it hugs your toes instead of having that extra free space
It would def be cool to see a tutorial on your steaming process!

Last edited:
Shoe laces - I started this quest when I wanted new laces that were a bit shorter that came with the Lunars in a size 12. I ended up googling oval laces. I got 2 shades of Gray from New Balance online and black & white for Spotrs Authority in the store. The NB laces were pretty close to the he OG's and the SA laces were a tad bit thinner. For my size 12 I got 45 inch laces - always felt the Lunar OG's in my size were too long-but this is not true for my Free SP unigolds which are just perfect. I used the blacks in my Lunar Unireds and white in the Squadron blues for a little change from the light gray. What I really like is I just received my Free Gold Trophy's from Australia (HYPE DC) - they come with regulat flat black laces with a gold metal tip which I thing is a little cheesy IMO. I ended up using the New Balance oval light grays and they are a spot match on the Ivory flyknit….they look dope!

I hope this helps

Damn nice, I remember some other dude spoke about steaming as well but I think he just held the steamer above the shoe and let the steam hit the toe box for 15-20 secs and then put them on and walked around in them to make sure they molded to his foot. I don't know whether to try yours or his method haha. Wait how did you do it to the lunar sole to fix the creasing? You should totally make a tutorial, such a good idea

Shoe laces - I started this quest when I wanted new laces that were a bit shorter that came with the Lunars in a size 12. I ended up googling oval laces. I got 2 shades of Gray from New Balance online and black & white for Spotrs Authority in the store. The NB laces were pretty close to the he OG's and the SA laces were a tad bit thinner. For my size 12 I got 45 inch laces - always felt the Lunar OG's in my size were too long-but this is not true for my Free SP unigolds which are just perfect. I used the blacks in my Lunar Unireds and white in the Squadron blues for a little change from the light gray. What I really like is I just received my Free Gold Trophy's from Australia (HYPE DC) - they come with regulat flat black laces with a gold metal tip which I thing is a little cheesy IMO. I ended up using the New Balance oval light grays and they are a spot match on the Ivory flyknit….they look dope!

I hope this helps
I saw a picture of NB ovals on Racers they do look similar to the OG laces gonna have to pick some up thanks 

Damn nice, I remember some other dude spoke about steaming as well but I think he just held the steamer above the shoe and let the steam hit the toe box for 15-20 secs and then put them on and walked around in them to make sure they molded to his foot. I don't know whether to try yours or his method haha. Wait how did you do it to the lunar sole to fix the creasing? You should totally make a tutorial, such a good idea
I used the steam from the iron to do my flyknits.  It works well.  

Just go these in.  These shoe look great. a lot nicer than I expected. I got shipped the wrong size (9). Will to trade for a size 9.5.

@RockAJs  

Thanks, for linking me to the Squadron Blue chukkas

Recently bought my true size (10.5) in a pair of the free chukkas (black/plat) and they are too big. I can't return them because I used a discount code on Bodega. Would anyone be interested in purchasing them?

Just go these in.  These shoe look great. a lot nicer than I expected. I got shipped the wrong size (9). Will to trade for a size 9.5.
Recently bought my true size (10.5) in a pair of the free chukkas (black/plat) and they are too big. I can't return them because I used a discount code on Bodega. Would anyone be interested in purchasing them?
When did this turn into the marketplace?  No buying/selling/trading outside of the marketplace!

Read the rules or suffer the consequences. 

Back
Top Bottom