FOAMPOSITE DISCUSSION Nike Air Foamposite One SWOOSH ALL OVER DEC192019

Best Foamposite Release Of 2017 (Pick Your 3 Could Only List 10 Max.. Omitted Metallic Gold Pros)

• Total voters

yeah.. ive done it on other things when i did a restore on 2 NES  Advantage controllers after RB'ing them.. The one with the UV clear coat still looks good after a few years.
Interesting......I've been using the armor all method which as worked so far.  How often would the UV spray need to be reapplied on the soles?  Seems like it would wear off when wearing the shoes.

So sticking a piece of plastic on under the shoe is going to protect the ice. :rofl:
They'll still yellow, you'll just have a clean yellow sole and if your lucky only a broken arm from having no traction.
:smile: I've done my Royals,Eggplants,Pewters,Fighter Jets,Safaris and a few more with it.. My traction actually isn't that much different. I've worn them in the rain,snow and many places.. I haven't slipped or fell in them at all. Maybe my installation technique works well. My bred XVI's on ice actually feel no different because the traction sticks out on that shoe. I also protected my Whiteouts and looking at my other DS whites that i never touched my Shielded whites actually look the same no oxidation as it covers all of the foam.. Also on any good pairs you can spray UV clear coat and it will drastically slow down the Oxidation big time.

One of my friends did his Suns and a year later.. Still looking good.. Super icey.. the Shield is slightly greenish a bit but its not like when you have them without the shielding and it looks yucky..lol

When you said protect the first thought that comes to mind are sole savers.
If you've got a different way please let us know.

Interesting......I've been using the armor all method which as worked so far.  How often would the UV spray need to be reapplied on the soles?  Seems like it would wear off when wearing the shoes.
when i shield the shoes , i would spray them  and let the coat cure first then ill put the protection on them. Since its cured it only needs that one coat as its not touching the actual earth ground (per se) so it doesnt rub off. For my 2010 Royals.. they were ds but they had that reddish nike box tint to them.. so i did 2 sessions of RB and got them clear icey so they look like the press photo..lol then i did the process the way i described above. I also did this to my 2nd pair of Gym Greens.

when i shield the shoes , i would spray them  and let the coat cure first then ill put the protection on them. Since its cured it only needs that one coat as its not touching the actual earth ground (per se) so it doesnt rub off. For my 2010 Royals.. they were ds but they had that reddish nike box tint to them.. so i did 2 sessions of RB and got them clear icey so they look like the press photo..lol then i did the process the way i described above. I also did this to my 2nd pair of Gym Greens.
Oh ok, so you would use the UV spray along with the plastic protection?  I thought you were using one or the other.

When you said protect the first thought that comes to mind are sole savers.
If you've got a different way please let us know.
Sole savers.. i actually haven't used their product. I may check it out and see how it is. If it is like Sole Protector then it may be the same.. I've used Sole Protector and for casual wear it is my off the shelf go-to if im purchasing as it is very very strong material. I showed some friends some wear tests and showed them that yes look how dirty this material is after two weeks of none cleaning.. but look at the bottom of the shoe afterwards.. No glue.. it comes off in one peice. Traction intact down to that fresh "Foot Locker" smell.  there's some tricks of the trade to get it to work effective but application is very important!!!  For Foam Ones.. I double layer drag and center middle as the shape of the shoe can cause that to slip on a 1st timers installation.. Foam pro's you don't have that problem because of the traction that sticks out but for Foam pros.. much attention is needed for the traction area's.. My Jordan XVI's i went extreme.. I covered the Jordan paint,air bubble and everything that is icey sole combined as the actual sole is very thin it literally doesn't feel any different at all.

I've done a few friends shoes for them so I kind of do that on the side.. and theyve been happy with the results.. I had to beg my friend to let me do his DB Foam ones and Oregons..i told him you need to perserve the heat!!

Oh ok, so you would use the UV spray along with the plastic protection?  I thought you were using one or the other.
yes.. UV then protection.. ive used protection alone as it blocks UV light too.. I'm not only just doing the bottom but the drag and sides. so  very little UV hits the ice on my jobs.

yes.. UV then protection.. ive used protection alone as it blocks UV light too.. I'm not only just doing the bottom but the drag and sides. so  very little UV hits the ice on my jobs.
Seems like a good idea.  Like I said, I've been using armor all after cleaning the soles, which as worked for the most part, but I'm always interested in alternate methods.

Seems like a good idea.  Like I said, I've been using armor all after cleaning the soles, which as worked for the most part, but I'm always interested in alternate methods.
same here.. this overall made it very simple for me to keep up the clean look.. I just get home get a rag spray some hand sanitizer on them and some wipes here and there and they are good

Most of us don't think Foamposites are worth $250, why would lil pennies be worth $250.

If lil pennys were sold solo I don't think they'd move if priced above $180, nike is taking advantage.
As I stated in my comment earlier.. I don't think they should be worth $250 either. I was only suggesting why it would cost $250. Supply.. demand.. economics.. market.. and etc. But I'm going to take my Bachelor's in Marketing and Management and wipe my behind wit it.. cause I don't know nothing.
BACHELOR?????

GOOD AS A GED IN THIS DAYS ECONOMY.

I would only consider the Lil Penny's as a heavily discounted outlet pickup. I don't care if they're first, limited or the model develops a strong following (it won't) the shoe is just weak. Hopefully I can get a pair of Shooting Stars at some point this year.

I would only consider the Lil Penny's as a heavily discounted outlet pickup. I don't care if they're first, limited or the model develops a strong following (it won't) the shoe is just weak. Hopefully I can get a pair of Shooting Stars at some point this year.

Have you seen them in person?

Worth every penny. No pun intended lol.

those photos are nice!!! what type of Camera?
Thank you ! It's a Canon DSLR T3i with the Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 lens.
Dope pics. Looks clean. If you were a reseller, they're almost good enough to pay resale lol.

J/k... but damn nice pics. I have DSLR, too, but I don't know squat about photography and would like to learn.  I'll PM you if you don't mind answering a few photography questions. And repped, too.

So sticking a piece of plastic on under the shoe is going to protect the ice. 
roll.gif

They'll still yellow, you'll just have a clean yellow sole and if your lucky only a broken arm from having no traction.
I just slide around on McDonalds trays like a chunky caucasian aladdin......

Last edited by a moderator:

BACHELOR?????

GOOD AS A GED IN THIS DAYS ECONOMY.
I'm sorry you feel that way.. and I don't mean to talk down on you and your GED. I meant no harm or malice. But if you ever decide to go past your High School education or not.. I wish you the best of luck in finding the career of your choice, such as I have. And now that you have replied to me on a topic other than "sneakers/shoes", I ask that you please end this discussion with me, cause it's becoming petty. Take care.. and GOD Bless my fellow NikeTalker ! 

Dope pics. Looks clean. If you were a reseller, they're almost good enough to pay resale lol.

J/k... but damn nice pics. I have DSLR, too, but I don't know squat about photography and would like to learn.  I'll PM you if you don't mind answering a few photography questions. And repped, too.
Sure thing. I will answer what I can. 
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom