FOAMPOSITE DISCUSSION Nike Air Foamposite One SWOOSH ALL OVER DEC192019

Best Foamposite Release Of 2017 (Pick Your 3 Could Only List 10 Max.. Omitted Metallic Gold Pros)

• Total voters
From my understanding, I'm not even sure the foams were supposed to be for penny. He saw them in a samples bag and fell in love.
yep.. on the OLD nike site back in 2001-2003 that was the story.. Man i miss those days.. there was a jordan XV video and i used to have it saved on a burned cd back in the days showed all these unfinished jordans and unreleased colorways.. that kinda stuff would break the jordan internet now..lol

there needs to be a Nike talk tampa bay meet up of some sort..as its a few members on here in the same vicinity..
Yeah, that would be cool.  I always love running into fellow sneakerheads.
pimp.gif

Yeah, that would be cool.  I always love running into fellow sneakerheads. :pimp:
there needs to be a Nike talk tampa bay meet up of some sort..as its a few members on here in the same vicinity..
Not that I know of.

Im in the TB area too, hopefully not for much longer though, its crazy how blessed we are with releases honestly, i think its a good combination of demand vs. supply compared to ther areas.

Also if any of yall are a 12/13 lmk watcha got lol.

Im in the TB area too, hopefully not for much longer though, its crazy how blessed we are with releases honestly, i think its a good combination of demand vs. supply compared to ther areas.

13 here.
nthat.gif

From my understanding, I'm not even sure the foams were supposed to be for penny. He saw them in a samples bag and fell in love.
Yep! According to my nike basketball book the foams weren't intended to be a signature sneaker for any athlete. It was Mike Bibby who the first athlete to wear the foams when he played for Arizona.

Last edited:
Yep! According to my nike basketball book the foams weren't intended to be a signature sneaker for any athlete. It was Mike Bibby who the first athlete to wear the foams when he played for Arizona.

So you're saying bibbys pair didn't have any 1 cent logos because they were made for penny by the time Arizona rocked them.

View media item 1457833

Last edited:
So you're saying bibbys pair didn't have any 1 cent logos because they were made for penny by the time Arizona rocked them.

At first his pair didn't have the 1 cent logo. I believe after he debuted the foam the 1 cent logo was added a few games later.

I thought I read somewhere that the foams were originally intended for Pippen, but he didn't like them. Can't remember where I saw that at though.

They were originally supposed to be shown to Pippen, but Penny saw them first.  The story goes they had a meeting at Penny's house and he was in love with any of the designs Avar was showing him.  Then he saw the foams and said what are those and the rest is history.   ALSO what happened to Miles Simon!?  I loved that Arizona team

I thought I read somewhere that the foams were originally intended for Pippen, but he didn't like them. Can't remember where I saw that at though.

Yea I remember reading the same thing.

I would love to see some of the other samples Avar made up for Penny that he turned down.

At first his pair didn't have the 1 cent logo. I believe after he debuted the foam the 1 cent logo was added a few games later. View media item 1457844

I'm not getting that conclusion based off of the article you posted. Also, it's no way they remolded the shoes so quickly to be honest.

I'm looking to buy my first foam's for balling but just a few questions (yes I did a search but no definitive answers)...

1. I'm sure the solid soles won't yellow, but do the darker translucent soles yellow like the whiter translucent soles? For example, the Concord's have a darker translucent royal, but the mirrors have the icy translucent. Any difference?

2. So how many zoom units are there? Retail websites says "a zoom unit", but reviews and folks who deconstruct the shoe say there's a full length stacked with a heel unit.

Thanks!

Now was just need @Super T1ght  and then its all out tampa bay connection

They were originally supposed to be shown to Pippen, but Penny saw them first.  The story goes they had a meeting at Penny's house and he was in love with any of the designs Avar was showing him.  Then he saw the foams and said what are those and the rest is history.   ALSO what happened to Miles Simon!?  I loved that Arizona team

After his playing days were long over Miles Simon was on ESPN every now and then. The last I saw of him he was working for Nike as an uber skills trainer to the NBAs elite.

I HATED that Arizona team with Bibby/Simon. They beat my Heals in the Final Four :lol:

Last edited:
Nostalgia for sure with the Royals. I remember asking for them in 7th grade and almost lost my face due to the price tag. Back then I want to say with tax they came out to $200 flat which was a huge spike compared to other shoes at the time. Had the opportunity to get the AJ12s and Penny IIs and didn't really want either lol. Foams were a show stopper for me even way back then. 

Back
Top Bottom