FOAMPOSITE DISCUSSION Nike Air Foamposite One SWOOSH ALL OVER DEC192019

Best Foamposite Release Of 2017 (Pick Your 3 Could Only List 10 Max.. Omitted Metallic Gold Pros)

• Total voters
Olympic foams are so dope in person. Red pros and dooms would round out my top 3.

So happy to get all of these pairs very easily and the dooms for way under retail. Hope they hype stays with adidas for as long as possible.

Olympic foams are so dope in person. Red pros and dooms would round out my top 3.

So happy to get all of these pairs very easily and the dooms for way under retail. Hope they hype stays with adidas for as long as possible.
I need the Dooms for under retail. Been watching online but haven't really found much. FTL by me has them but they never put anything on sale.

I need the Dooms for under retail. Been watching online but haven't really found much. FTL by me has them but they never put anything on sale.
 I will keep an eye out for you. I can't help but constantly keep my eyes peeled for deals. I got dooms for $161 shipped off a cyber Monday deal with City Blue Shop.

what size you need?

2016 was a solid year for foams. Some og's (dooms), variants of ogs (cobalts & red pros) and new colorways (wutangs, olympics and northern lights).

The olympics and northern lights were great.

I like the wu tangs as well.

The platinums are sleepers imo. Amazing shades of grey with the dope gitd sole. Im shocked theyre still available at some footlockers. Same thing with the Doom retros.

Sorry, dooms are not OG

They are an original colorway that came out in 2006, not a retro plus or any thing like that. A true retro of an original colorway. You have been here as long as I have so you should know what's OG

They are an original colorway that came out in 2006, not a retro plus or any thing like that. A true retro of an original colorway. You have been here as long as I have so you should know what's OG

Retro+ means a colorway that is different than that of any of the OG releases.

As I'm sure you know, Foamposite Pros did not debut in 2006. Therefore, this colorway, by definition, cannot be "OG".

I did not say it was a retro of the 1st colorway but a retro of an original colorway that came out in 2006. I guess it's semantics. I'm just glad it happened :smokin

To me OG means one of the original colorways from back in the day. So by your logic there can only be 1 OG colorway of the pros and that would be the pearls

To me OG means one of the original colorways from back in the day. So by your logic there can only be 1 OG colorway of the pros and that would be the pearls

OG colorways != the very first colorway that releases, OG colorways = colorways that were released during a sneaker's initial release.

OG =

white/black-true red
830027 101
091202169961 12

black/voltage yellow-black
630304 071
091202692162 12

black/black-white
830027 002
091205117679 12

black/black-white-metallic silver
630304 001
640135994517 12

everything else =

not OG

unless you want to count this sample from '97:

View media item 2288735

Last edited:
ok I understand what he's saying whether you agree or not here's a breakdown of his words. He's calling the Black&Whites OG as in this is a retro of that cw's first release, he's not arguing the fact that the cw in general is a retro+, he's just saying that this is a retro to an OG CW as this is it's first retro for that colorway right or wrong I atleast understand what he means

Not a huge foamposite enthusiast. The Olympics are the only ones I'm thinking of getting (besides the "Silver Surfers). Maroons weren't bad, but seeing them in person I was a little underwhelmed.

On another note, I've always, always been under the impression "OG" was the colorways of the original release of the first time the show came out. Like, the Jordan 12 "UNC". In 8 years of they retro that, that's considered and "OG" color way?

no an OG colorway is a NON RETRO colorway. the jordan 12 had five colorways back in the day. any colorway created later is a "retro+" i.e. retro of a shoe, but in a color that didn't originally exist.

but while we're talking about OG foam pro colorways . . . does anybody here remember which of them were exclusive to certain retailers? i believe one of the reasons some of the colorways were so similar is because of retailer exclusives at the time.

no an OG colorway is a NON RETRO colorway. the jordan 12 had five colorways back in the day. any colorway created later is a "retro+" i.e. retro of a shoe, but in a color that didn't originally exist.

but while we're talking about OG foam pro colorways . . . does anybody here remember which of them were exclusive to certain retailers? i believe one of the reasons some of the colorways were so similar is because of retailer exclusives at the time.

Repped. And not to derail the thread, the first part is pretty much exactly what I was saying.

Back
Top Bottom