FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Lobster roll and steamers from the Raw Bar Mashpee, MA (Cape Cod)

Last edited:
Need some help bros.

Im terrible at cooking, I dont even know the basics, cept breakfast but that doesnt count. 
laugh.gif

Anyways, im on a cut (<2000 cals/day) and basically have been on a chicken diet. Recently bought some cooked/frozen chicken strips and usually I just microwave then stick it in a pan of olive oil to give it a little crunch, then use some condiments to give it some flavor. Bought some teriyaki marinade today, marinated it for about 2 hours, microwaved it then stuck it on a pan again. Tasted pretty good actually.

Basically, any other marinades that taste good with chicken? Im not starting off with raw chicken if that makes a difference. Was fairly surprised how good this tasted.

Also, whats the correct way to cook sunnyside up eggs? How do you know when the yolk is "done" yet still runny?

Last edited:
Best page in a while. 

That seafood up top looks super :nthat:

I'll post once my phone starts working

if you want something simple with that teriyaki marinade that you already have, get some lemongrass. there's one that's already peeled and crushed in sort of like a toothpaste tube sold in stores. add that, maybe some sliced jalapeños for some heat and cook it the same way. you then have pretty much the same marinade for Vietnamese grilled chicken.

also salt and pepper goes a long way when it comes to flavoring, just make sure you season it before cooking and add more after it's done to your preference. my other go to spices are cumin or lemon pepper.

and eggs are easy bro. pretty much just cook it til the egg whites are cooked and the yolk still looking fairly the same should be under 3-4 minutes if you want the yolk runny. although there are differences between sunny side up, over easy, over medium, and over hard. here's a vid for sunny side-up if you want it looking perfect. but they key in the vid is covering it and building heat inside the pan to cook the top part if you don't want to flip the egg.

Repped. Good looks, will try that lemongrass.

I did exactly that this morning, covered the egg. 
laugh.gif
 But I broke the yolk first, kinda did it accidently but I figure it was be a more thorough cook anyways.

picasso swerve picasso swerve

You can also use this lemongrass sauce found at Asian markets. I bought a jar(haven't used it yet) to try. When the chicken is done, add a tablespoon with a little hot water and you get a quick sauce.

Butter, garlic, and lemon juice is a good flavor profile too.

Last edited:
Didn't know this thread existed until right now :smokin
Time to hit you guys with some Baltimore area eats....

Pit meats @ Chaps Pit Beef

Crab, Egg & Cheese Bagel @ Gypsy Queen Food Truck

Chili Burger, Chili Dog, Gravy Fries @ G&A Restaurant in Highlandtown

Spice Grilled Lemon Fish Tacos @ Barcocina in Fells Pt

Shrimp & Grits with Andouille Sausage @ Langermanns in Canton

Tacos & Corn & Stuff @ Papi's in Fells Pt

Chicken & Waffles @ Simply Marie's in Canton

Back
Top Bottom