FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Herring, onions and pickle roll with shrimp on the side

Been eating incredibly healthy and working out hard the past few weeks but promised myself Popeyes on Labor Day. Was first one in the store at 11:05 :lol:

Was ******* phenominal

Son, I eat pupusas with utensils as well :lol:. My girlfriend is salvadoran so she put me onto them a few years ago. I feel like a pupusas are to messy to eat by hand. You're going to get all that grease, vinegar, and tomato sauce all of over your fingers. Unless salvadorans know the secrete to eating pupusas by hand? :nerd:

Y'all weird lol. All Salvadorans around my way and even back at the homeland eat pupusas with their hands.
They don't even have utensils at pupuserias over there. I always thought it was the way to eat it.

In retrospect, that pic sucked. Couldnt wait to eat though as evident by the biscuit

Edit - I have a severe headache just 10 minutes later

Last edited:
I felt ripped off by this Korean food truck(BBQKalbi) charging $9 for this "special". Suppose to be KBBQ "Steak" burrito but looks like a regular beef burrito they have on the menu. No kimchi fried rice, no cabbage slaw or some kind of spicy or creamy sauce in it. Had I known it was this boring and flavorless(it was a little sweet actually but still disappointing) I would've gotten some spicy mayo sauce.

Got this salt and pepper fish like an hour later. It was more satisfying and was few cents cheaper.

Only food trucks I have been fairly pleased by were in the panhandle of Florida (Watercolor, Florida), and in Washington D.C.

Only problem in DC was the government is limiting the areas where the trucks are allowed to park so it's difficult for them to get to populated areas. It's a shame. 

Slow roasted a pork shoulder last week. Man it was good :smokin Pulled some of the meant and made tacos, quesadillas, sandwiches... Even the pork alone with rice & beans was a great meal

--------------------------------

Chicken Sandwich from The Daily

Chicken Fried Rice from Whole Foods

Curry Chicken Salad + Avocados over a bed of Spinach for lunch today

Last edited:
Only food trucks I have been fairly pleased by were in the panhandle of Florida (Watercolor, Florida), and in Washington D.C.

Only problem in DC was the government is limiting the areas where the trucks are allowed to park so it's difficult for them to get to populated areas. It's a shame. 
Wafels & Dinges ain't bad in NYC.

Spare ribs

Homemade Lumpia from my neighbor and friend

Round steak

Filipino spaghetti from my neighbor

The past week or so.. while I'm still in Sac:

Kimchi Soup

Calamari

Dried scallops and egg white fried rice

Chipotle bowls of lettuce (actually chicken burrito bowl) 

Red mango curry chicken & brown rice

AYCE OZ Korean BBQ

Seafood (home)

Bun Rieu (home)

Labor Day/Parent's anniversary BBQ

Happy Labor Day! 
nthat.gif

Get 'em, Pabs. Happy Labor Day to the NT foodies.

Most of the time I eat good, but sometimes work and laziness force me to buy/eat cheap Chef Boyardee and Banquet TV dinners.

Great Labor Day today...Hope you guys had a good one too
Banh Can (grandma brought back the mold and stove from Saigon to make these today).

Banh Mi Bo Kho (Vietnamese beef stew with tendons) to cook for 45 minutes in the pressuure cooker. Usually takes several hours to cook

The End results

Soup with real Shark fin that my grandma bought in a disclosed location in SF, chicken, Dungeness crab, Imitation crab, and eggs.

Lastly, my uncle bought over his Traeger Smokers to smoke some chicken and pork spareribs...I'm definitely investing in a Traeger Smoker now. My old one sucked. The ribs were in the words of Auntie Fee

"Fall off the mother F'N bone. I swear it will did"

Last edited:
Lastly, my uncle bought over his Traeger Smokers to smoke some chicken and pork spareribs...I'm definitely investing in a Traeger Smoker now. My old one sucked. The ribs were in the words of Auntie Fee
Traeger's are worth every penny, bro! My dad bought one last Christmas. The thing is so damn simple and cooks perfectly every time 
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom