FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

^^^

I almost short circuited trying to figure out what to order there :lol:

Watermelon with balsamic vinegar and feta cheese from an outdoor restaurant in Millennium Park. This was surprisingly good, my sister ordered it for the two of us

I was on vacation last year and had a salad that was these items + arugula every day by the pool.

Good ****.

taipei summit
nerd.gif

nthat.gif
 IN.

Stinky tofu aint for everybody. 
laugh.gif

Back on the grind :smh:

Last edited:
Just had some home made mashed potatoes, chicken, and asparagus.
[emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji]

An aside: I know it's not a new trend, but can we stop calling every sandwich served in a baguette roll "banh mi"?

Went against my own judgment and ordered a pork belly banh mi at a gringo restaurant and received pork belly served in a baguette. No pickled carrots/daikon, no pate, no cilantro. Just some weird aioli.

/rant

An aside: I know it's not a new trend, but can we stop calling every sandwich served in a baguette roll "banh mi"?

Went against my own judgment and ordered a pork belly banh mi at a gringo restaurant and received pork belly served in a baguette. No pickled carrots/daikon, no pate, no cilantro. Just some weird aioli.

/rant

Got a banh mi to-go yesterday after my class and I knew something was off! Dudes forgot to put in cilantro. This is the first time it's happened so I'll let it slide.

Had chipotle for lunch today.

Last edited:

Haven't posted in a while.

Sinigang Paella with Grilled Pork Belly looked better than it tasted. It was average.

Steak ala Manila (steak with truffle eggs and garlic rice) so bomb!!!
is paella big in PI?? just seen a new restaurant about it lol

^It is being that we have strong Spanish influence and were Asian so yeah rice haha! There are lots of spots here that serve Paella so lots of options! This one I had is pretty average in my opinion.

That steak and garlic rice look good. My dad always makes some kind of fried rice when I grill up some steaks.

Back
Top Bottom