FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Nothing weird about not trusting other dirty human beings.

But what IS your reasoning?
A couple things. The first mainly being that anyone can go up to it and touch it and possibly either put it back or just be gross. Also the fact that the **** sits out all day under lights doesn’t sit right with me. Idk 😂

I think around 2 but unintentionally. He’s iffy on spicy if it’s tacos he don’t care cuz he just loves tacos. But anything else he will likely complain. I try to minimize the spice anyways since my husband hates spicy food. Sucks because I love it.

Yup been to the one in dc. Not too far from where I get my hair done. I love it. The nacho wraps are pretty fire and their sauces are on point.

There’s another food market opening up in Columbia? Love that place too those lobster fries and big mozzarella sticks awww man 👍🏾🔥👍🏾
Yeah it's right next to the mall. Opened last spring.

My 12 year old isn’t into spicy. Maybe a little buffalo sauce that’s about it. I think as they get older maybe it’s acquired idk. I wasn’t into spicy when I was younger. But also your taste buds change.

I agree spicy is an acquired taste over time. Granted I’m Polish so spicy isn’t even in our pallet. As I started going out more I would start delving into spicy. I would eat spicier food over time than my friends who got into spicy eat before me. But now the struggle the next day usually isn’t worth the pleasure of super spicy today. I still like spicy but more medium where it provides a flavor rather than just painful heat.

Had a coworker from Delhi at my last job. Mans spice tolerance was crazy. I got take out once and their hot sauce was hitting, he asked me if it was spicy i said ya its pretty good try some. Man tries some and says "its not spicy, its tangy"

😑

Bro been eating chillies from day 1

Love spicy food tho. Usually get the Indian hot at Indian spots.

Had a coworker from Delhi at my last job. Mans spice tolerance was crazy. I got take out once and their hot sauce was hitting, he asked me if it was spicy i said ya its pretty good try some. Man tries some and says "its not spicy, its tangy"

😑

Bro been eating chillies from day 1

Love spicy food tho. Usually get the Indian hot at Indian spots.

Think I've said it before in here, but the hottest hot sauce I ever had was from an Indian spot. Two or three small drops of the stuff in the curry bowl is enough to have your mouth burning the whole meal. Gotta have the Raita on standby to balance it out.

Serious spice for sure.

I ordered Vietnamese food one day at work when I was working late. They asked how spicy and I said spicy since it was just below very spicy as that’s usually how I order my food in Thai spots and even Indian spots.

When I tell you that I couldn’t finish the meal I’m not joking. My coworker in the opposite site of the office (our office is as the whole building which spanned the whole city block so on the other street), he smelled it from his desk and came over and asked what the hell I was eating because he smelled the spicy. But yea they gave me the Vietnamese spicy flavor not white man spicy :lol:

Think I've said it before in here, but the hottest hot sauce I ever had was from an Indian spot. Two or three small drops of the stuff in the curry bowl is enough to have your mouth burning the whole meal. Gotta have the Raita on standby to balance it out.

Serious spice for sure.
You need the balance for sure. Always heard this growing up, "warm" vs "cool" foods, not talking about temperature or spiciness. Plain yogurt was big in my household, especially after eating something "warm" thatll increase your body temp.

I feel like places that ask how spicy can be pretty inconsistent with spice level

Which I get. Not the easiest thing to gauge per serving

I'll generally go 70-80% of the max spice but might start going 100% so there's no confusion

Filipinos generally don't put too much heat in foods but my parents like spicy stuff. I grew up eating a lot of Mexican food, pretty sure that's where my spice tolerance started growing. But I think eating spicy chips as kids also raises the heat tolerance early.

Indian food definitely the spiciest I ever had. Legit sweats everytime I eat in little India. Vietnamese food got some decent heat too.

Haven't been to a Jack n The Box in years. None in Chicago. Sourdough burger & Curly Fries before heading to Grand Canyon
IMG_20220202_094600__01.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom