FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Bout 4 hours Papi chulo.

:rofl:

if i ever hit up mlps best believe i'll swing through your truck

:lol: fosho loudmouth food truck and we usually are downtown mpls.

DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican
Brisket and candied yams. Eventually we will have some candied cashews on the yams. W/cayenne. Ecuidorian style. Didn't really care at the time :lol:

Not sure what these two Filipino dishes are called but it was a damn expensive lunch smh. Two small bowls of meat, two scoops of rice and a bottle of Fanta soda for $12. They don't label what the dishes are and no menu available so I didn't know the price until they rang me up. Figure it would be in the $6-$8 range since the food are on a warming station.

Was really greasy and it gave me gas :x I've eaten Filipino food before but I'm gonna have to refrain from eating their meat dishes with sauce in it.

Left side is beef stew it looks like with green olives, carrots, tomatoes, and potatoes. Right side is pork with green peas and carrots.

Not sure what these two Filipino dishes are called but it was a damn expensive lunch smh. Two small bowls of meat, two scoops of rice and a bottle of Fanta soda for $12. They don't label what the dishes are and no menu available so I didn't know the price until they rang me up. Figure it would be in the $6-$8 range since the food are on a warming station.

Was really greasy and it gave me gas :x I've eaten Filipino food before but I'm gonna have to refrain from eating their meat dishes with sauce in it.

Left side is beef stew it looks like with green olives, carrots, tomatoes, and potatoes. Right side is pork with green peas and carrots.

:pimp: Beef Caldereta and Pork Afritada looks like. that's my ****.

My dad makes amazing beef stew. People always request he make it to bring to parties and he's sick of making it already.

Watching food network and it still puzzles me how these experienced chefs and cooks serve undercooked meat / fish. I'm a decent cook but make sure my food is at least cooked. They try to cook big pieces of chicken or fish in 5-10 minutes. Be smart and cut them into smaller pieces. Food network is like 75-80% competition shows now, ridiculous.

Last edited:

Pho + bbq pork vermicelli plate with some sort of rice cake (I think?) and oxtail soup from Com 90 in San Jose's Little Saigon. My dude's arm is blocking his bbq pork doe

Japanese curry croquette, pork katsu, chicken teriyaki, and rice from Gombei in San Jose's Japantown.

Breakfast from Ole's Waffle Shop in Alameda.

KBBQ from Seoul Jung in Concord.

Bout 4 hours Papi chulo.

Brisket and candied yams. Eventually we will have some candied cashews on the yams. W/cayenne. Ecuidorian style. Didn't really care at the time :lol:

Yea the yambs definitely need some type of garnish to prevent it from just looking like slop. I'm sure it was delicious though.

Bout 4 hours Papi chulo.

Yea the yambs definitely need some type of garnish to prevent it from just looking like slop. I'm sure it was delicious though.

Yeah I switched it up. Used parm today. The ole standby.

i hate food snobs... i grew up poor so i know what struggle meals :lol:... it means you always can find something to eat/ make with little money... im open to eating at a lot of places, i usually dont care where we go.. i hate dealing with people that make **** difficult when trying to find a place to eat... my best friend girlfriend is the worse, she hella picky.. so we just started ditching her and going out by ourselves...
my son will eat anything you put in front of him... but my daughter is picky

Last edited:
i hate food snobs... i grew up poor so i know what struggle meals :lol:... it means you always can find something to eat/ make with little money... im open to eating at a lot of places, i usually dont care where we go.. i hate dealing with people that make **** difficult when trying to find a place to eat... my best friend girlfriend is the worse, she hella picky.. so we just started ditching her and going out by ourselves...
my son will eat anything you put in front of him... but my daughter is picky

I know people who won't eat at places with a Yelp rating less than 4 stars :lol:

I know people who won't eat at places with a Yelp rating less than 4 stars :lol:

Yelp is cool and all, but some of those 4 star places aren't even that poppin'.

Yeah, picky eaters are the worst though. My one cousin has such a limited list of foods she'll eat and I feel so bad for her cause it's completely her parents' fault.

This one time we were on a road trip and we stopped at BK to get breakfast, right? So everyone is eating and all that but then my uncle decides we gotta get fries for my picky cousin. So he asks me to go order some and I do it it's like 10AM or something and they tell me they only have tater tots and won't have fries until later. So I figure whatever, fried potatoes are fried potatoes. I bring back some tater tots and my uncle just says, "No she doesn't eat tater tots. We have to wait for the fries." Just rustles my jimmies lol. If a girl is a picky eater that's definitely a dealbreaker.

This one time we were on a road trip and we stopped at BK to get breakfast, right? So everyone is eating and all that but then my uncle decides we gotta get fries for my picky cousin. So he asks me to go order some and I do it it's like 10AM or something and they tell me they only have tater tots and won't have fries until later. So I figure whatever, fried potatoes are fried potatoes. I bring back some tater tots and my uncle just says, "No she doesn't eat tater tots. We have to wait for the fries." Just rustles my jimmies lol. If a girl is a picky eater that's definitely a dealbreaker.
I immediately drop a girl who tells me she's a "foodie."

Who doesn't like food?
laugh.gif

Yelp is so subjective. A place that serves great food might get a 3 because the server was slow? Or didn't stop by often? Or maybe a certain dish was not up to expectations.

Too many variables in their rating system.

Back
Top Bottom