FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Got mad Asian tonight. It's not pf chengs green curry. I honestly don't know if the white office people I serve will like it. :lol: got some funk to it, I think it's dope though. I'll just call it a rice bowl and it will sell like crazy.

nice

how did you make the curry ?

from paste ? sauce ? or scratch ?

Made the paste with a ton of stuff. Shrimp paste shallots, galangal, lemon grass etc. then cooked coconut cream till it broke. Then cooked the paste I made. Then add chicken thighs and coconut milk and kafir lime leaves and more aromatics n let her buck. :lol: I think I'm going to roast off some sweet potatoes to throw in with the chicken and rice tomorrow before I serve it.
ryda421 ryda421

Last edited:
Made the paste with a ton of stuff. Shrimp paste shallots, galangal, lemon grass etc. then cooked coconut cream till it broke. Then cooked the paste I made. Then add chicken thighs and coconut milk and kafir lime leaves and more aromatics n let her buck. :lol: I think I'm going to roast off some sweet potatoes to throw in with the chicken and rice tomorrow before I serve it.

nice damn that sounds good. love me some curry i sometimes hit up the thai & indian spots in my area when i want some. tried to make it a couple of times just wasn't the same :lol:

Last edited:
It's the best man. Hella spices, fermented stuff, and somehow they always manage to make it light and refreshing, at least Thai food. It's also a completely different way of cooking vs classic French or whatever. Way cooler, to me at least.

It's the best man. Hella spices, fermented stuff, and somehow they always manage to make it light and refreshing, at least Thai food. It's also a completely different way of cooking vs classic French or whatever. Way cooler, to me at least.

yeah it really is man. i usually get this yellow curry noodles. it's only 7 bucks for a large which is why i choose to just order it from the spot

damn never even knew french had curry had to look it up :lol:

That looks :pimp:

I didn't know the French had curry either :lol:

What I meant is a lot of Asian food goes against everything French food for example, stands for. Like not skimming broths for one. It's my favorite to cook tied with most stuff from the south.

That looks :pimp:

I didn't know the French had curry either :lol:

What I meant is a lot of Asian food goes against everything French food for example, stands for. Like not skimming broths for one. It's my favorite to cook tied with most stuff from the south.

yeah thats what it looks like. the french curry is appears more indian as in more viscous. didn't know about how they skimming broths :lol:

i bet there must be some good thai/laos spots in mlps i know there is a community there.

Last edited:
Yeah there's a grip. Vietnamese too, makes grocery shopping easy too, as long as you know what you're looking for.

Yeah there is a French one called consommé. And it's so crazy you can't even bump the pot or it will make it murky. Not my thing at all. I hate that tedious crap.

Last edited:
true that man. i enjoy going to the asian stores much more than 'american' chains. prices are always much better as well haha

keep up the good work bro :pimp:

Ummm this is my first full day in Oslo and I just had pickled herring and liver pate for breakfast... Will take pics when I get more :evil:

Tbh it feels like this a prank. Potato salad and egg salad for breakfast? Crackers??[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Last edited:
Hahaha
I always hated liver.
Looked all good till you tried it.
I did try foie gras and fig jam in Paris tho.
Still was mehhh to me lol

You know for some reason I would actually probably try a lobster roll from Mickey Ds... Can't spoil what's not real.

Still not touching popcorn shrimp from Popeyes :lol:

Fat sals sandwhich.
Cheese steak, Fried chicken fingers, Fried onion, Fried egg, Fried mozzarella sticks, French Fries, bacon, and mayo.
Sounded like a good idea when I ate it Now I can't sleep with this hearburn
frown.gif
Had the same exact sandwich after a drunken night. My whole weekend was messed up  
laugh.gif

Unhealthy isn't even the word

Man McDonalds in Asia is the greatest.

Fried chicken :pimp:

They have this spicy mcchicken its the best god damn chicken sandwich I've ever had. They use thigh meat so its juicy and tasty as **** and it's like fresh fried, so crispy guhhhhhhhh

Man McDonalds in Asia is the greatest.

Fried chicken :pimp:

They have this spicy mcchicken its the best god damn chicken sandwich I've ever had. They use thigh meat so its juicy and tasty as **** and it's like fresh fried, so crispy guhhhhhhhh

truth. home mcdonalds delivery 24/7 :pimp: but at the same time :\ :frown: for my health

the spicy mcchickens in the PI are fire but I hate that they put so much damn mayo on it

Must try McDonald's in Asia. I bet it's more fresh than the crap being pumped out in the US

Back
Top Bottom