FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Checked my iPhone and found these :tongue:

1. Some fried fish @ Holland

2. Herring @ Holland

3. Breakfast @ Czech Republic

4. Sushi @ Czech Republic. Nothing special.

5. Sushi buffet @ Helsinki. Nothing special.

6. Buffalo Wings @ Helsinki

7. Made this cappucino when I was working as a barista @ the local coffee spot (yeah, not food but had to post :comeatmebro:smile:

Wrong thread to click on when you havent eaten lunch yet. Im effin starving. I think imma wait till dinner tho so the meal I indulge in will be that much more satisfying

Had some Gumbo this past weekend. Did not like. Anyone know where I can get authentic soul food here in the Los Angeles area? (BTW Im mexican)

just want to make sure we are on the same page here. your question for soul food is independent of your assessment on gumbo right? youre lookin for soul food soul food, not cajun and/or creole food?

i dont know how authentic it is, as i am not an expert on soul food. i just know what i like. when i need a soul food fix, i go to Dulan's Soul Food Kitchen in Inglewood.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/dulans-soul-food-kitchen-inglewood-2

i always order the same stuff there, so i cant really speak on the quality or taste of other stuff. My go to orders are usually

Fried Chicken (make sure its a fresher batch)
Shortribs
Collards
Black eyed Peas
red beans and rice
succotash

Extra points for a super friendly staff and huge portions.

I highly recommend everyone in this thread try Ecuadorian food. Yapingachos specifically. Used to date an Ecuadorian girl and the dish I named was my favorite. Yellow rice, potato, egg, and tender meat.

I have some avocado I brought from home up to school and its all getting ripe now so I've been throwing it on everything-sandwiches, salads, burgers, making guac

It's been :pimp:

I'm over my liking limit...Whatever that's at...Will try to rep whenever possible.

Keep on eating...and posting pics!

I've been trying to find lesser known restaurants around town. I've been living here for 22 years and still finding spots that I've never heard or seen before.

If you like eggs...

find a store near you that sells locally produced, organic eggs. Fry them up with some olive oil, put chedder cheese on top. Then toast 2 pieces of bread and spread on hummus and some salsa.  

Regular supermarket bought eggs will not do this justice.

^
I like eggs but I never notice a difference in the type of eggs I cook. As long as I sprinkle a little salt on top of an over easy egg, I'm good. My dad buys a variety from Costco and I just cook whatever we have.

If you like eggs...

find a store near you that sells locally produced, organic eggs. Fry them up with some olive oil, put chedder cheese on top. Then toast 2 pieces of bread and spread on hummus and some salsa.  

Regular supermarket bought eggs will not do this justice.

so expensive though. 18 eggs at costco is like $2-3. a half dozen eggs from the egg guy at my farmers market is like $3-4

i guess if you love eggs, its definitely worth it. if im just eating eggs by themselves, i skip the cheese and just sprinkle a bit of truffle salt on it and cook it over easy. delicious.

^
I like eggs but I never notice a difference in the type of eggs I cook. As long as I sprinkle a little salt on top of an over easy egg, I'm good. My dad buys a variety from Costco and I just cook whatever we have.
Then you've never had real quality eggs.

^
Probably, but i'm not in any rush to buy expensive eggs. I just cook them up simple anyway.

Very different from chimichurri. Chimi is more salsa-like, coarsely cut ingredients, visible clear liquids, while Aji (green sauce) is more like a hot sauce in a Mexican restaurant, blended, no distinguishable ingredients.

awesome...thanks for the info. repped....if reps mean anything to you hahaha

i thought last page couldn't get any better, this page have so much food awesomeness....repped everyone with pics

never had that before and never heard of it before i jumped in this thread, but damn...that looks delicious.

It's basically a chimi churri but instead of bread, they use fried green plantains and flatten them. They also put this cheese, fried.

URL]

Very popular here in NY.

Back
Top Bottom