FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Best shashimi I've had.

Waited 2+ hours for this place. Serves only 11 people from 730-930. No reservations. The Japanese dude is extremely old and slices and dices in front of you.

My favorite, unagi. It's HUGE...Wish I had a quarter to compare size...But almost as big as an iphone 4.

Looks like Tekka?

Ever been to Sushi Sam's in San Mateo? They probably have my favorite fairly priced omakase in the bay area.

I've been on a diet of chicken breast and tuna for the past two weeks so imma have to live vicariously through you and the other folks in the thread man :lol:

^ it's bomb!

Went with the Korean BBQ beef ribs/Teriyaki Chicken joint with fried rice, mac salad and a garden salad.

This was from Monday. Chilli Verde and their Trios Fajitas plate.

From the Seafood "festival" on Olvera St. this past Sunday. Left is seafood risotto, right is taquitos.

Best shashimi I've had.

Waited 2+ hours for this place. Serves only 11 people from 730-930. No reservations. The Japanese dude is extremely old and slices and dices in front of you.

My favorite, unagi. It's HUGE...Wish I had a quarter to compare size...But almost as big as an iphone 4.
Reminds me I need to check out Jiro's place in China - Sukiyabashi Jiro. Watching his documentary on Netflix made me want to go there so bad

What I had today: some brazilian food from this brazilian cafe. Something light since I had to get out quick

^ That looks delicious. Whats your famous guacamole recipe?

Bout to go for Round #2 on the Steak+ Brussel Sprouts+Zucchini combo tonight  
pimp.gif

@Hsalem

Everything was grilled. Brussel Sprouts were chopped in halves and grilled over a piece of foil. 

I might add some red potatoes to the mix this time around tho. 

^ That looks delicious. Whats your famous guacamole recipe?

Bout to go for Round #2 on the Steak+ Brussel Sprouts+Zucchini combo tonight  
pimp.gif

2 ripe avocados (preferrably hass)
1 onion roughly chopped
1 tomato roughly chopped
1 serrano pepper finely diced
cilantro to taste
fresh squeezed lime juice to taste
salt to taste

The key to my guacamole is I don't mash it. I cut the avocado in cubes and i prefer mine
to be a little more acidic.
Gently toss all ingredients together and serve.

@Hsalem

Everything was grilled. Brussel Sprouts were chopped in halves and grilled over a piece of foil. 

I might add some red potatoes to the mix this time around tho. 

I like my brussel sprouts halved and tossed with garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper and roasted on high heat in the oven uncovered. So you get them nice and browned

When you pull them out the oven, put them in a bowl and hit them with a couple splashes of balsamic vinegar and a squeeze of honey. toss to combine. The brussel sprouts must be hot still so they soak up all the vinegar and honey.

I like my brussel sprouts halved and tossed with garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper and roasted on high heat in the oven uncovered. So you get them nice and browned

When you pull them out the oven, put them in a bowl and hit them with a couple splashes of balsamic vinegar and a squeeze of honey. toss to combine. The brussel sprouts must be hot still so they soak up all the vinegar and honey.
Thx for the guacamole recipe brodie.

You just diced fresh garlic with those brussel sprouts? I think ima try that minus the balsamic vinegar and honey.

Thx for the guacamole recipe brodie.

You just diced fresh garlic with those brussel sprouts? I think ima try that minus the balsamic vinegar and honey.

No don't dice the garlic, it will burn. just smash the cloves to release the juice. They will roast and get nice and sweet. which will help balance some of the bitterness that brussell sprouts have.

Y'all should try to deep fry your brussel sprouts. Don't do it at home because it's messy as hell. But if any of you cook for a living or you guys see them on a menu give them a try. Fry them and toss them in whatever sauce you want. I've been doing them in a mojo sauce. :pimp:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom