FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Pork Potstickers out of the box. Haha I'll post some 'real' food later.

What are some good cheeses for me to try out instead of the usually pepper jack, swiss, colby, and cheddar?

What are some good cheeses for me to try out instead of the usually pepper jack, swiss, colby, and cheddar?
Are you near any specialty stores like Fresh and Easy, Sprouts or Whole Foods?

If so usually stores like that have a bunch of different cheeses that you woulda never thought of

I like Smoked Gouda and Supreme Brie. Marscapone is really good.

Brie is a really good on crackers as a spread because its really creamy

Last edited:

If so usually stores like that have a bunch of different cheeses that you woulda never thought of

THIS.

Made a cheese plate and wine for my gf on Valentines Day. Smoked Gouda + Brie + Salami + Crackers = 
nthat.gif

Thx for the pot roast receipe famb  @psk2310  

Vintners burger with pumpkin ravioli from bonefish. They put a really tasty jam on the burger I didn't think I was going to like but it's a sweet addition.

THIS.

Made a cheese plate and wine for my gf on Valentines Day. Smoked Gouda + Brie + Salami + Crackers = 
nthat.gif

Thx for the pot roast receipe famb  @psk2310  
I will invite this chick over to try some of that Smoked Gouda, Brie, Salami, and crackers later on this week.

Yea man I have a Whole Food, Trader Joe, and FreshI Marker. I will stop by there this week to check those recommendations out. 

My son wanted my wife to make her old bay wings again for Sunday dinner along with her red beans & rice again. This time she made some home made cole slaw to go along with it. Sorry for the slightly blurry iPhone pic. Man, she's got wings & fried chicken down pat. Her red beans & rice is fire too...

my good friend invited me over for some macallan 15 and diner.

pork roast, ribs, sausages and boudin smoked for 12 hours.

hash brown casserole

baked beans

home made bbq sauce that ***** on sweet baby rays

boyyy o boyy was it good.  his family has generations of cook off award winners.

my socal nt brethren
is eggslut worth a visit??????
what should i get if i go

AYE SOCAL PEEPS
HOW IS EGGSLUT????????????

i wanna try it this weekend
what tshould i get?

Breakfast, I recommend the Fairfax with sausage. Regular Fairfax is without any meat, taste way better with sausage IMO. II

Lunch, I'd get the Avo a Burger.

It is a little pricey, specially since the sandwiches aren't that big. That's why I usually buy 2 for breakfast :rofl:

Damn where's Chiva????

Been busy with everything man. Work, my girl with VDay and all, and more importantly of all, haven't had my laptop for about a week now.

I uploaded some pictures to my flickr and photobucket accounts using my iPad and phone, will upload all the pics in the morning. Probably be about 10 pics lol

Damn where's Chiva????

Been busy with everything man. Work, my girl with VDay and all, and more importantly of all, haven't had my laptop for about a week now.

I uploaded some pictures to my flickr and photobucket accounts using my iPad and phone, will upload all the pics in the morning. Probably be about 10 pics lol

Yeah, this thread ain't the same without the West Coast OG of the thread... LOL.

Also for those that don't know, Old Bay is a seasoning used a lot in Maryland specifically on steamed blue crabs & steamed shrimp however over the years it gets used on a lot of other things. When I cook spaghetti, I also had some Old Bay into the ragu. My wife will use it on some fish along with her wings & fried chicken.

There's nothing like a Maryland summer's day getting about 2 dozen steamed craps between the wife & I along with 5 LBS of steamed shrimped. Gotta have fresh corn on the cob too with some ice cold beer...

Ok, here we go... From the last week or so...

Monte Cristo Sandwich by chiva1908, on Flickr

Breakfast Burger x Sweet Potatoe Fries by chiva1908, on Flickr

Modelo Michelada by chiva1908, on Flickr

Fish and shrimp tacos from taconazo with my coworkers

4 pieces of fried chicken, onion rings, fries, and a salad (not pictured) for $5

Needed this to sober up a bit on Saturday night lol (from Pizza Hut)

On Friday (hence the heart shaped biscuit lol) chik fil a

Sushi from Saturdays too. Pic looks crappy cuz I took it with my iPad...

My son wanted my wife to make her old bay wings again for Sunday dinner along with her red beans & rice again. This time she made some home made cole slaw to go along with it. Sorry for the slightly blurry iPhone pic. Man, she's got wings & fried chicken down pat. Her red beans & rice is fire too...

What's the recipe/prep for the wings breh?

What's the recipe/prep for the wings breh?

She marinates the chicken in buttermilk (some times overnight) & then seasons the chicken with Old Bay, then she used a mixture of the flour & Old Bay which is put into a Pyrex baking dish that she uses to coat the chicken in the mix of flour & Old Bay. Then fries until the chicken reaches that delicious golden browness that fried chicken or wings should be.

Next time she fries up some chicken, I'm going to cut up some potato wedges to make some western fries.

In the Baltimore "urea" that would be a "chicken box". :smokin Together with a half & half (an Arnold Palmer to those outside the "urea"), you'll be "sleep" in about a half hour... :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom