FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

ingredients:

- 3 tablespoons of mashed/chopped garlic. 

- 1 pound of fresh shanghai noodles. i forgot the brand, but it's the type you don't need to boil. just rinse and it's ready to go.

- 2 tablespoons of butter (or 1/4 stick of butter) + 1 tablespoon vegetable oil

- 1 tablespoon sugar

- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce

- 1.5 tablespoons soy sauce

- 1.5 tablespoon of grated parmesan cheese

- as much green onions + cilantro as you like, chopped

- whatever protein you like.

method:

- first off, i cooked the beef separately and set aside.

- prepare ingredients -- mix oyster sauce, soy sauce, and sugar together. chop the green onions and cilantro. i mashed a whole bunch of peeled garlic in a mortar and pestle until it's a rough paste -- i prefer his method over chopping because it releases all the oils.

- heat a wok/wide pan until hot under medium heat (but not smoking), add oil and butter to melt.

- add garlic, lower heat a little so the garlic wont burn. sautee until the smallest bit of garlic starts to brown.

- add noodles, toss for a bit to let the oil+butter+garlic lubricate ~pause~ the noodles.

- add the prepared sauce. using tongs, distribute the sauce evenly in the noodles until absorbed. add parmesan cheese and distribute evenly in the noodles as well.

- turn off heat. garnish with green onions and cilantro.

Last edited:
pip777 pip777 the stone crab meat is sweeter than other crab legs. They only offer is part of the year down here in fl, and they are really good. I must have had at least ten that day

Last edited:
Last edited:
Recent eats

Silver dollar pancakes with lox and caviar

Citrus Apricot Smoked Pork Loin 

NOLA style shrimp n grits (yes there is a difference lol)

Filet Mignon w/ Gorgonzola cream & Porcini shrooms

Cornmeal waffles w/ poached lobster, habanero saffron butter

Massive scotch egg 

English breakfast in a Brioche 

Duck fat fried soft shell crab, grits, ham bone collards, poblano in a maker's mark au jus

Elk burger with homemade carmelized kimchi and homemade pimento cheese

Attempted to make a Japanese cotton souffle cheesecake

Burger w/ puffed chicken skins, blue cheese sauce and good ol Franks 

Don't really like pasta that much but made this for V-day: Homemade squid ink pasta with octopus and calabrian chilis/limes

[@=/u/37407/pip777]@pip777[/@] the stone crab meat is sweeter than other crab legs. They only offer is part of the year down here in fl, and they are really good. I must have had at least ten that day

I remember catching a part of a episode of Bizarre Foods where they showed how they catch and prepare stone crab. It looked good.

Edit: I found a clip of that episode. http://www.travelchannel.com/shows/bizarre-foods-delicious-destinations/video/joe-s-stone-crab
Yea that's how they do it! Take off one claw and toss em back in lol. That place in the video,Joe's, is THE place for stone crabs, and that sauce is so good too. But there are some hidden local spots where you can get em a lot cheaper

alp alp [emoji]128588[/emoji]

Yea that's how they do it! Take off one claw and toss em back in lol. That place in the video,Joe's, is THE place for stone crabs, and that sauce is so good too. But there are some hidden local spots where you can get em a lot cheaper

alp alp [emoji]128588[/emoji]
there's a spot down in Marathon, they distribute the stone crabs to Joe's and others. $1.50 a claw. They are good but not as good as stone crab honestly

@@pip777 the stone crab meat is sweeter than other crab legs. They only offer is part of the year down here in fl, and they are really good. I must have had at least ten that day

I remember catching a part of a episode of Bizarre Foods where they showed how they catch and prepare stone crab. It looked good.

Edit: I found a clip of that episode. http://www.travelchannel.com/shows/bizarre-foods-delicious-destinations/video/joe-s-stone-crab

@alp[emoji]128588[/emoji]
Where are those spots? 
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom