for 3M fanatics, vapor flash jacket

heres what mine looks like today with the flash.  I've washed the thing ONCE.  Both sleeves are white basically up to the mid bicep. 

If you own one, do not wash it in the machine.  I guess you can just spray it with a hose or something.

I just use a damp towel to wipe my 3m Olympic windrunner. Never put it in the washing machine and never will after seeing some of these horror stories

That Rafa Jacket @ 21Mercer...

I was told to put the camera away doin couldn't get a better pic.

how do you guys go bout getting a voucher from Nike? Is there a number you call? or is it online?

I got one of those 3M jackets from H&M. Washed it today and seems to have come out fine. (Will check back when it's fully dry)

I used delicate wash settings + no spin extraction, turned the jacket inside out and put it inside a laundry bag. Hang dry.

EDIT: It, indeed, turned out fine.

Last edited:
how do you guys go bout getting a voucher from Nike? Is there a number you call? or is it online?
You can do it online or call.  I prefer calling, if you're real polite to them, I feel you have a better chance unless your stuff looks intentionally jacked.

I wanna send my jacket back and get a voucher, but I'm scared they'll deny it since the spots are so small and I'll just be wasting my time. I like the jacket and all, but I'm just too scared to even wear it now.

I wanna send my jacket back and get a voucher, but I'm scared they'll deny it since the spots are so small and I'll just be wasting my time. I like the jacket and all, but I'm just too scared to even wear it now.
I think some spots would be considered wear and tear.  When I purchased my 21st century windrunner new, it had tiny spots of 3M missing.  Then after about two washes, the sleeves were stripped of 3M.  I sent it to Nike and they gave me a voucher.  

After hearing all the horror stories about washing the 21. C windrunner, and looking at the last 2 pages. I am so glad I returned it. Bought it last year in Sept. and returned it a few months ago in Aug. I really did not want to return it, but I also didn't want the headache. A jacket that expensive should be bulletproof. (Even at the outlet price I paid for.)

Guys, just a quick question but what's the difference between the Nike shield jackets and the Nike vapor jackets?

Like in terms of thickness and warmth. I found the shield jacket to be pretty warm and was wondering if the two were similar in terms of fit/cut and warmth.

Also, is there a way for people to tell if the jacket is for men or women?

Guys, just a quick question but what's the difference between the Nike shield jackets and the Nike vapor jackets?

Like in terms of thickness and warmth. I found the shield jacket to be pretty warm and was wondering if the two were similar in terms of fit/cut and warmth.

Also, is there a way for people to tell if the jacket is for men or women?

I have the Element Shield Max and the Vapor Shield jacket, retail 250 and 300 respectfully..

Id say the element shield is more warming as it is a bit thicker, the vapor has more vents and a thinner material, more so suited for running.

as for gender... the shoulder length should be the main giveaway

Damn I want that Nike 3m hat so bad:/
Was about to pull the trigger on one on eBay but it sold:frown:

The new flash jacket can be had here for 310. The one with the volt linings. 

https://www.kicks-crew.com/product_detail.php?pid=4396
anyone interested in buying, watch out for the asian sizing! the jacket for sale on ndc has style code 577584 while this asian one is 577585. you have to size up one for the same fit. for those of you that wear XS, this is your rare chance to get one (asian S will fit like an XS).

Back
Top Bottom