For somebody who has not been to Cali yet, first city to visit?

how come san diego gets no love?

i've never been to cali... but i would think the location + latina yambs + lack of super huge city feel + manageable (sp?) cost of living = win...

T

i've never been to cali... but i would think the location + latina yambs + lack of super huge city feel + manageable (sp?) cost of living = win...

That's like saying how come Buffalo gets no love...

LA >

T
That's like saying how come Buffalo gets no love...

LA >
just asking bruh...

here in texas, its only dallas and houston... maybe austin, but i really dont like that place (traffic, all them damb schools, dirty)

but despite what people think, san antonio is dope as a muh fugga... like, there's so many places to eat, the yambs are cool, and it has a nice vibe to it. you get a little bit of everything.

and there's so many things for an out of towner to do, like places to visit, museums, the riverwalk...

san an... :pimp: :pimp:

whenever ppl from out of town come to the bay area i always take them to SF. going to oakland or any other city is like someone going to nyc for the first time and being taken to new jersey

SF is very picturesque and theres a ton of places with great photo ops:

treasure island, sausalito, marin headlands got some of the sickest views towards gg bridge, bay bridge and the SF skyline.

just asking bruh...

here in texas, its only dallas and houston... maybe austin, but i really dont like that place (traffic, all them damb schools, dirty)

but despite what people think, san antonio is dope as a muh fugga... like, there's so many places to eat, the yambs are cool, and it has a nice vibe to it. you get a little bit of everything.

and there's so many things for an out of towner to do, like places to visit, museums, the riverwalk...

san an...
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
dont listen to him. SD gets outshined by SF and LA for obvious reasons but SD is still dope and very laid back. they got dope mexican food, fly latina broads and some of the baddest white broads ive seen in the entire state. summer in san diego >>>>>

just asking bruh...

san an... :pimp: :pimp:

dont listen to him. SD gets outshined by SF and LA for obvious reasons but SD is still dope and very laid back. they got dope mexican food, fly latina broads and some of the baddest white broads ive seen in the entire state. summer in san diego >>>>>

them SDSU beckies

^ Yeah but those San Diego white girls don't pay a lot of attention to guys of color unless maybe if you're black. 

mannnn not to sound cocky or arrogant, but I think I can honestly give you the best advice on this for a couple reasons, and I’m going to get flamed for first post and just joined, but I’m a lurker and this post made me join lol, but I need you to do me a favor AI Audi as I recnognize your name from the old boards…if we have an old screenname, what needs to be done to get it back so we have our true join date?  I did not post often on the old forums, but I did join 5-6 years ago, so that looks better then the noob I look like now, but the reason I think I can answer you best is I’m from the East Coast and have lived here all my life and within the past 6 months I have been and stayed in San Diego, LA, and San Fran. and this was my first time staying/visiting CA after having wanted to for many years.

But the first two questions you need to answer to give a better idea is when do you plan on going (month), and how long do you plan on staying, don’t say it depends b/c that does not help, but I can give a general on where I would go if you are dead set on depends, but I would say 75% of the year LA/SD > SF.

The dude saying strip clubs for SF…come on man K, there are strip clubs near every damn one of the places he listed and they are all in California and all abide to the same strip club ordinances, if your goal is to see naked women dance, just walk across the border to TJ and youll get way more then WHACK overpriced CA strip clubs (some are fine, but in general strip clubs are whack to me, especially ones in the US), but the ones in TJ…I mean man, you want to talk about sights and fun…wow oh wow…and it is $2 for a 16or20oz bottle coors or bud light…find somewhere in NY your seeing fully nude girl on girl action and getting beer for $2….find me somewhere in SF that is happening too…I’ll wait.

I travel at least twice a month for my job as an auditor (been doing it for about 13 months), and I’ve been to many places in the US during this time, and my goal is to move to CA within the next 5 years.  My first choice if I am lucky to have job offers to anywhere in CA would be to live is San Diego, then Anaheim, then LA, then I’m drawing a blank b/c I have not been here, but its about 1.5-2 hours north of LA and is supposed to be almost as warm and two of my friends live there, SF (and maybe San Jose/Silicon Valley over SF to be honest and drive into SF).    And that is no slight of knock on SF my man, but weather is what I look for when looking to move for good as I honestly enjoyed Montreal the most out of everywhere I’ve been since I’ve started working.

Those of you in SF saying the traffic is way better…are you crazy?? LA traffic is bad, yes, but it is moving non-stop, even if it is just creeping.  I was dead stopped in SF 2-3 times in 4-5 days that I was there not moving and the traffic was awful as well with all the interstate changes if you do come in from the valley, HOWEVER I agree 100% that the incity transportation in SF is AWESOME, cheap and easy to use even for an out of towner.  That being said, I was staying in Daly City and drove into the SF both days, so I parked, so that depends as well if you are staying in downtown or in SF and can walk to a BART/MUNI station, or if you will have to drive.  There were times I drove to a BART/MUNI station, parked and still rode the public transportation in.  A lot more people walk in SF as well, when I was in LA, on either Hollywood or Santa Monica (well I think it was actually Franklin, but the UCB theathre), and I asked about walking to another place a mile away and they looked at me like I was crazy…”everyone drives in LA..no one walks”…KK???  San Diego is best of the three by far traffic though, EXCEPT during comic-con LOL. 

As for a quick overview of the nightlife…you will honestly be happy going to any of the three…there is way more to do in LA (IMO and stuff I liked to do, mid 20’s single male), then SF, then SD…more chances of running into a celeb in LA of course, its whatever to them though lol, I ran into quite a few, it was cool

And Oakland ahh good old Oakland…I actually wish I had more time there, but really all you need to say is Oaksterdam…

If you do decide to go to SF…I don’t know about all the touristy stuff, like I said, you can message me,  I did most of it, but I wish I would not have, but make sure you hit up Heights (maybe Haights, someone from there can correct me), so Heights-Ashbury…that is a awesome collection of stores, culture, atmosphere, etc.

PM me though man, I can give you real in depth details, etc that I do not want out in a public forum, but it may take me a day or two to get back to you based on what I have going on, so a disclaimer up front.

LA area and Bay Area is full of quality Latinas. SD is arguably more white.

id go with SF, i moved out here and did LA before its really overrated, and the bay is also kind meh. but SF something about that city is just unique.

who is the most diverse out of the 3?

i would say LA... LA is really divided tho.. you got white people on west (santa monica, westwood, beverly hills), asians in middle (koreatown, china town), hispanics on east LA (boyle height, highland park) and african americans down south (south central, crenshaw, inglewood, compton)

You should try to see both Northern and Southern CA if you can. You actually should try to make it to a Warriors, Lakers or Clippers game while you're out here. San Francisco and San Jose are good cities to start with in the North. West Los Angeles (Beach Cities) and Newport Beach are good cities to start with in the South. PM me if you need any help.

who is the most diverse out of the 3?

LA

SD has Gaslamp, see a lot of white and brown folks.
LA has tons of places to go to: DTLA, Hollyweird, Westside, Echo Park/Silver Lake ("Hipster Heaven"), Beach Cities (Long Beach, Hermosa, Manhattan, Redondo, etc). Mix of white, brown, black, asian...etc.

SF only partied in the city, good places to eat and chill. Filipinos roll deep in the Bay, :wow:

If you're into theme parks, Disneyland and Universal Studios in the South. Great Amererica in the North.

Last edited:
I'd go with the Bay Area, biased since I'm from there but that's just my opinion. LA is cool but everything is like an hour away from wherever you're staying. I've gone to SoCal for a few days, stayed at Anaheim for Disneyland and tried to hit up as much as I could within a 3 day period but it was difficult since it's about an hour from Anaheim to DTLA with traffic, GPS is a must if you're driving down there in a rental if you don't have someone to guide you.

As far as the Bay Area/SF, you can pretty much get to most of the sights/attractions with public transportation, faster if you have a rental car if you don't mind looking/paying for parking. Like most have said, BART + MUNI is a great combo to see the bay area. Sightseeing stuff is easy, just hit up one of those tour buses, some allows you to get off at one of their stops or wherever you feel like getting off at to spend more time there.

I think it's up to your length of stay in either places. If you have less than a week, then I'd say Bay Area to get the most of your stay in a short period. If you have a week or longer then hit up SoCal since it's so spread out and you can spend a day in each city.

San Francisco is beautiful. So much culture, lots of good food, beautiful scenery, nightlife, shopping, friendly people, etc.

It's also very close to some of the worlds most beautiful places. It's close to what many consider the wine capital of the world and has beautiful rolling hills full grape filled vines and beutiful wineries. Some of the most beautiful beaches in the world (although not for swimming and are cold). Beautiful redwoods. There is so much close..

So SF and the bay has the best of all worlds and if you have some time there's not many places that can match what it can offer.

If not SF, go to SD. LA is the most overrated city in the US. SD is beautiful, and has beautiful beaches, weather, and women.

I don't know. I think LA area has way more to offer than San Diego. I've been to SD twice and it was nice, but I didn't wanna be there very long :lol:.

I have been looking to move to either the Bay or NY. At first I had my heart set on the Bay. I didnt want to move to NY because I am in Chicago, I thought it would be much of the same. Besides I wanted to move to Cali where people from LA ***** about the Bays weather dropping down to 60 degrees on occasion :lol: I was wrong. NY is an equally beautiful city, but much different in terms of feel and personality. Does not resemble Chicago in the slightest bit. Also most female attention I have ever gotten in my life.

Now I have never been to the Bay. I should definitely visit before I make this decision, IDK though. NY really won my heart when I came through.

Last edited:
LA has everything. Coming from an East LA girl who has never been up north lol.

Back
Top Bottom