FORUM REVIVAL: "Urea" debate - Mr. K. West's actions via VMA 2009...

Discuss.

I think my opinion, as usual, goes (for lack of better album title to use) "Deeper than Rap" literally...

Just wanted to get the thoughts of my other brothers and sisters to avoid going Cornell West on this topic...
grin.gif

It was a dumb move, not needed... made himself look like a fool, he is entitled to his opinion and thoughts but could have save this particular rant for hisblog or the after show interview... dude didn't even wait till half way through the show, this was the first award given that night lol %%+hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. What puzzled me was this crap didn't even include him, he didn't direct it, wasnt nominated (maybe he wanted to be inthe ladies category), video wasn't that dope, B got mad awards already... crazy. BUT with all that said the reaction this has gotten is tooooo much,notthat serious, maybe that's what he wanted, everyone to talk, so he got it right.

thing about too, with B winning best video later and doing what she did, it made Ye look like a bigger fool!

I honestly think this can be one of those move to make him lose a few fans... Ye' you don't go after the little cute, innocent, white girl...that's suicide boy! You can't win! I'm not making it a race thing, cause it already became that last night unfortunatly (at least in the heat ofthe moment), just keeping it a 100.

some folks can't handle they alcohol LOL!

I mean he was outta line for kirkin, but honestly the broad didn't deserve that award IMO over the other nominees....

The "little cute innocent white girl" and a couple of passive French guys are the only people he apparently has the cojones to interrupt, I'llwatch the fireworks when he steps to a band like Mastadon to make himself seen
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Obviously dumb move, but still funny.
If this was the NFL Goddell would suspended him for a atleast 6 games.

I'll watch the fireworks when he steps to a band like Mastadon to make himself seen
laugh.gif

He's smarter and alot more calculated than that.

Which makes him more of a fraud.

I'm not going on my multiple tangents, of how it was disrespectful historically for those like Run-DMC, MJ, and others who broke the barrier of MTV, or howit makes Wale, Kudi, and others think that it's "cool" to do this once enough White people like you, or the responsibility of just being anAfrican-American male in the spotlight, or how he "knew his role" from '97-'02 to get to this point now...

But I'll say this...

As much as he has trained his mind to believe he's ALI of this generation...

It's only one problem -- He isn't.

Tell this kat that his music and clothes will be taken from him for 4 years, and watch him put on Black face and tap dance for execs.

Sorry DJ Heat, but I see right through your boy...

People were trying to say that B was wrong for doing that and shouldn't have called Kanye out like that. They were trying to see that she kind of crossedhim. I do not view it that way at all, and kind of question what you stand for if you feel this way. I look at it like this, I always let ssomeone know thatwhat they did was wrong if I am close with them because wrong is wrong. In most cases you can pull your friend to the side and be like hey what you did waswrong and you need to appologize. But when your friend "Kanye" pulls something of this magnitude and they have an ego as big as Kanyes you need tolet them know they are wrong in a way they'll understand. Know B didn't go onstage and say Kanye you were wrong but we got the message and so did he. Idon't believe she crossed him and that she was very right to do that.

Why would he have the right to go on stage and say something like that ??

Who is Kanye West too interupt another person's award.. when he would go CRAZY if somebody did that too him.

I think he was trying to gain some extra brownie points with Jay-z for sticking up for B.
laugh.gif

What a lame.

Beyonce's VIDEO wasn't that hot to win the award. The song was a big deal, not the video.

Kanye was dead wrong. Rude. Disrespectful.

Bad press is just bad this time.

This is his second time doing this same exact thing.

SMH at this dude.

I'm selling my Yeezys now. Black and Pink. sz12. lol.

Originally Posted by lavan emanuel

Beyonce's VIDEO wasn't that hot to win the award. The song was a big deal, not the video.

Kanye was dead wrong. Rude. Disrespectful.

Bad press is just bad this time.

This is his second time doing this same exact thing.

SMH at this dude.

I'm selling my Yeezys now. Black and Pink. sz12. lol.
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif

I mean he was outta line for kirkin, but honestly the broad didn't deserve that award IMO over the other nominees....

I mean the Award was voted on by the fans so if who you wanted doesn't win you just have to move on.

This was extremely immature and I don't know I'm another outburst away from ceasing my support of him. He's one of my favorite artists butthere's only so much of these shenanigans you can take. I really hope the next award show he's at someone runs on the stage to dispute it.

It was not that serious to me. It was the VMA's, not the Grammy's........
indifferent.gif

Kanye coming up there being Kanye will not make or break her career.

People are TOO SOFT nowadays........
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by cmoneymontana

Kanye coming up there being Kanye will give her career a boost.

fixed. I know she is a known, established artist, I has actually seen her video, unlike other winners that sometime your like "who the...". But truthis Kanye rant has made her a trending topic (Twitter), hot trend (www.google.com/trends), a segment on the next "Top MTV/VMAs moment" show... so on.

Pardon any typos, on iphone but SMH @ me and all of yall!!!!!!!!!! It's Monday morning & we talking about Ye, as men we should be talking football orabout this outfit...
Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

2lk2mom.gif
Damn. Probably why she "double crossed" him, thought "he stole my shine". Nah but thebusiness is cut throat and the chance to "win" an award while gaining new fans was toooooo good. Anyways "this is a threadjack fool, runthat"... Football or how Ms.B look.. Eph Ye, he got money lol

That was some ignornat sh*t!! Damn Negro it was an award show u not suppose to show up another artist especially someone who isn't in your same genre andis your competitor. If he did that to 50Cent then its cool but not a lily white country singer who did nothing to no one.

I must be empty on the inside because this didn't strike a nerve in my body. Social insensitivity ftl lol.

Originally Posted by J PayCheck

fixed. I know she is a known, established artist, I has actually seen her video, unlike other winners that sometime your like "who the...". But truth is Kanye rant has made her a trending topic (Twitter), hot trend (www.google.com/trends), a segment on the next "Top MTV/VMAs moment" show... so on.

both her albums did 4 mill...

she's a bigger name in music than kanye could ever hope to be.

well I was laughing all of last night..and just happy in general to see Wale and UCB up there.

but of course Kanye was in the wrong and needs to be slapped..a fan of some of his music, yes..but dude was gone off that henny
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
.. should Taylor have won that award? No. But it was voted for by the fans so Ican't down that.. Kanye is in the wrong for interrupting Swift and making her look like an idiot as well as himself. He needs to do more than apologize onhis stupid blog.

other than that dude was gone
laugh.gif
and Lady Gaga done lost her damn mind
roll.gif

oh and Hov and Alicia ripped that ishhh.

bow wow lookin corny boy Lil Mama had to ruin that at the end
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by YoungAnakin

Originally Posted by J PayCheck

fixed. I know she is a known, established artist, I has actually seen her video, unlike other winners that sometime your like "who the...". But truth is Kanye rant has made her a trending topic (Twitter), hot trend (www.google.com/trends), a segment on the next "Top MTV/VMAs moment" show... so on.

both her albums did 4 mill...

she's a bigger name in music than kanye could ever hope to be.
Is she worldwide? Slim sells out shows in japan and the uk consistently. I didn't know europe/asia was big on country music
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom