Votes: 28 35.9%
  • Top 10, Maybe Top 15

Votes: 29 37.2%
  • Mediocre at Best

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Not Good at All

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters
The black costumes in Apocalypse are trash. They were appropriate for Singer's movies in the early 2000s when superhero movies needed that mainstream appeal but now it's a moot point.

Just give everyone some variation of Negasonic's costume and we straight. Seems like Jubilee and Psyloche were given their suits just out of some obligation for fan service.

But at least Magneto has always looked fire :smokin and the Horsemen overall look pretty good.

Last edited:
The black costumes in Apocalypse are trash. They were appropriate for Singer's movies in the early 2000s when superhero movies needed that mainstream appeal but now it's a moot point.

Just give everyone some variation of Negasonic's costume and we straight. Seems like Jubilee and Psyloche were given their suits just out of some obligation for fan service.

But at least Magneto has always looked fire :smokin and the Horsemen overall look pretty good.

Damn just thought about it, but negasonic's costume was fire. Close to the comic book xmen but it still works (like deadpool if movie producers still haven't noticed). Not sure though, some of my favorite xmen, one of my favorite storylines and i'm still "meh".

If the new trailer came out 6-8 months ago, I think it would have looked much better but after seeing BvS and CW trailers, this movie is looking to Singer-esque if that makes sense?

You all know I'm the most optimistic here when it comes to CBM and I will definitely see this on midnight opening but the next trailer better be vastly epic because it looks underwhelming after BvS, CW, Deadpool and likely Dr. Strange trailer stealing some more thunder by the time this movie comes out.

Last edited:
There was nothing bad about the trailer. There was nothing that got me excited either.
They got to put Singer to sleep and think about just giving the keys to either the Deadpool ppl or someone new.

Last edited:
There was nothing bad about the trailer. There was nothing that got me excited either.
They got to put Singer to sleep and think about just giving the keys to either the Deadpool ppl or someone new.
Singer has a very distinct style and it always came off very strange to me. I'm not sure how to describe it. Maybe too clean?

And they really had to make JLaw the main character?

I'm just not feeling apocalypse at all,
-Caps my fave avenger so I'm in for that
-Even if BvS is wack I know i will be visually stimulated no doubt

I felt the same way about days of future past, The Quicksilver scene was the only scene that had me :wow: because it was soooo amazing, and there's no doubt his scene in this film will at least be on par with that. I really wish they wouldn't make mystique such a central character and magneto as well(love both actors though) would have loved to see Mr. Sinister on the big screen.

This is the only movie with Oscar Isaac where I've cringed because it seems to be that "just a paycheck" movie for him and that's fine and all but so far he's had a flawless filmography, def a new fave

Last edited:
Decent trailer.

If Stryker is back then I'd like to think the film will explain what happened to Wolverine.

And it was cool to see Havoc. I wish they used him a little bit more.

Yeah, RFX put it well. It just looks underwhelming by comparison.

I think visually just from the trailers and what we know about the directors involved, this one is the movie I'm least excited about. Most of us all love the Russo's darker tone and well developed and clear action sequences...  a lot of people really like Snyder's visual style (I'm mixed on it) as well, and Snyder clearly knows how to create and hype up moments in his movies. 

I don't know what stands out from Apocalypse. I was never one to hate on Fox or Singer. I've enjoyed X1, X2, First Class (except for Mutant and Proud and that god awful dancing scene), and DoFP. Are they everything I've ever imagined from an X-Men movie/franchise? No.. not really. But they've been enjoyable and I'm optimistic about Apocalypse. It's just not at the top of the list.

they really going ride this mystique thing til the wheels fall off..

do gotta give marvel a little credit in that regard..  just because they have someone under contract that is a big star or hot, they aren't catering the movies towards them (idris elba and Natalie portman)

like I get doing that with fassbender because he's magneto.. but someone gotta tell them Lawrence is playing mystique

This is the only movie with Oscar Isaac where I've cringed because it seems to be that "just a paycheck" movie for him and that's fine and all but so far he's had a flawless filmography, def a new fave
this is the most disappointing thing.. they have sooo much talent there.. and they can easily make better movies

just imagine the list of directors you would get just by saying you have Isaac and fassbender under contract (probably still got tyrion under contract too).. then you throw in Lawrence and mcavoy

My prediction

Movie isn't going to do as well as dofp

And Fox is not going to get it and think that their movies need more Hugh Jackman. Lol

Last edited:

First Class (except for Mutant and Proud and that god awful dancing scene)
First class was matthew Vaughn (guy who did layer cake, kickass and kingsman).. singer was a writer and producer though (which is probably why it wasn't the real 'first class')

I'm just not feeling apocalypse at all,
-Caps my fave avenger so I'm in for that
-Even if BvS is wack I know i will be visually stimulated no doubt

I felt the same way about days of future past, The Quicksilver scene was the only scene that had me
eek.gif
because it was soooo amazing, and there's no doubt his scene in this film will at least be on par with that. I really wish they wouldn't make mystique such a central character and magneto as well(love both actors though) would have loved to see Mr. Sinister on the big screen.

Well, it'd be both a paycheck and exposure for him.

He's already a main character in the new Star Wars movies. This is his time to break fully into the mainstream.

Not a fan of these Mystique movies.

When are they going to make a real X-Men film?

What the heck is Mystique going to do in the final showdown? Run around shape shifting

My prediction

Movie isn't going to do as well as dofp

And Fox is not going to get it and think that their movies need more Hugh Jackman. Lol
what's sad, the real lesson that should have been learned from deadpool will be missed by an overwhelmingly large majority of those in charge of these things..

they are going look at the success and think "hey, we need more R rated super hero movies.. the kids loved seeing their favorite characters cursing.. it's the juvenile humor"

just like they keep allowing Michael bay to pump out transformers movies and they continue to make money

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom