Votes: 28 35.9%
  • Top 10, Maybe Top 15

Votes: 29 37.2%
  • Mediocre at Best

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Not Good at All

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters
Who is to say my opinion is not a public service though?

fetch

I triple post at times when it is news especially if it is of different topic. I also do it as a reply especially when replying to different people.

I rarely double or triple post when it is just stating my own opinion. I mean dude would say, "Singer should leave" then on the next post.. "because...." :lol:

I mean read the MCU thread and his posts on AoU. It's like he can't just compile his feeling in one post, he has to extend it to like 10-15 posts. How many times did he have to say or talk about Visions quotes? Got to be at least half a dozen times :lol:

Last edited:
I was lost with who we were talking about for a sec :lol:

Like I don't recall sea manup doing that a lot.

Then amel comes through with a perfect example :rofl:

Itsaboutthattime does it but I figure maybe it's hard to edit on mobile?

Last edited:
I just post when the feeling hits.. Then in some threads I'm playing catch up so I'll respond to different posts when I get to them

I mean read the MCU thread and his posts on AoU. It's like he can't just compile his feeling in one post, he has to extend it to like 10-15 posts. How many times did he have to say or talk about Visions quotes? Got to be at least half a dozen times :lol:

Was literally watching the movie when I was posting about that..

Well not initially.. But then I was later that night and went and looked up the convo to get the right wording

Last edited:
just watched fantastic four from 2007. may not have been the best movie but their personalities were very similar to the old cartoon on fox. i enjoyed

I've enjoyed most of the X-Men (excluding X3 of course) and I generally like Singer, but I would have no problem with him turning the keys over to someone else.

I don't get the hate on Singer. He hasn't delivered a bad X-MEN film. He spearheaded the CBM movement. The first movie was good, the second was great, and DOFP was a pretty damn good movie too (great to me).

Apocalypse hasn't dropped yet. Trailers are meh, but let em cook. Singer hasn't given us a disappointing X-MEN movie yet.

Recent success of Deadpool and the ongoing success of the MCU has everyone wanting something different.. maybe something more from X-MEN, but it's not like he's given us bad films.

I can see why people want something new, but new doesn't always work. Yeah, FOX hit with Deadpool, but they completely missed with F4. I rather FOX keep Singer and continue the consistent success than let someone butcher X-MEN like F4

Ehh I suppose Singer hasn't put out any horrible movies. But I do think he's taken the x men as far as he can take them.

After seeing what Marvel can do with their universe, and what Tim Miller did with Deadpool, I refuse to think that the singer verse is the best Fox can do. I keep waiting for him to push the envelope a little more, but he hasn't... Not really.

I've been ready for a new take on the x men.

Last edited:
Ehh I suppose Singer hasn't put out any horrible movies. But I do think he's taken the x men as far as he can take them.

After seeing what Marvel can do with their universe, and what Tim Miller did with Deadpool, I refuse to think that the singer verse is the best Fox can do. I keep waiting for him to push the envelope a little more, but he hasn't... Not really.

I've been ready for a new take on the x men.

I can understand that. I agree that they've probably peaked under Singer. I have no doubt X-MEN could get better under someone else. But I also have no doubt that they could get a lot worse.

But to be honest, if there's no Wolverine, Jackman or not, I won't care who's director or how good/or bad the movies get. I'd still see the films but I won't be nearly as invested. First Class was a good movie but I didn't find myself really caring for it (although Fassbender and McAvoy got my attention).

I would love Miller to do the next/last Wolverine movie tho. I think his Deadpool magic would work wonders on Wolvie

I don't get the hate on Singer. He hasn't delivered a bad X-MEN film.
Opinion

He spearheaded the CBM movement.
This is factually wrong. Singer did not direct Blade.

Blade came out before X-Men. That was the movie and well trilogy that got studios across the board making the movie. The look of Blade clearly informed the look of the X-Men (all black, I'd say The Matrix as well).

Only difference is the X-Men is simply more superhero than a vampire hunter.

The first movie was good, the second was great, and DOFP was a pretty damn good movie too (great to me).

Apocalypse hasn't dropped yet. Trailers are meh, but let em cook. Singer hasn't given us a disappointing X-MEN movie yet.

Recent success of Deadpool and the ongoing success of the MCU has everyone wanting something different.. maybe something more from X-MEN, but it's not like he's given us bad films.

I can see why people want something new, but new doesn't always work. Yeah, FOX hit with Deadpool, but they completely missed with F4. I rather FOX keep Singer and continue the consistent success than let someone butcher X-MEN like F4
The rest of this is mostly opinion too.

I'd just say if you want to understand ppl's feelings on Singer, read this entire thread.

I did like X2 for what it was though.

Ehh I suppose Singer hasn't put out any horrible movies
Superman Returns
Jack The Giant Slayer

Never bothered with his earlier work.

His last good movie was Valkyrie.

The best movie he's ever directed was The Usual Suspects.

Last edited:
Opinion

Blade came out before X-Men. That was the movie and well trilogy that got studios across the board making the movie. The look of Blade clearly informed the look of the X-Men (all black, I'd say The Matrix as well).

I'd just say if you want to understand ppl's feelings on Singer, read this entire thread.

Superman Returns
Jack The Giant Slayer

Opinion

Superman Returns
Jack The Giant Slayer

YawningBillRussell.gif

Back
Top Bottom