Votes: 28 35.9%
  • Top 10, Maybe Top 15

Votes: 29 37.2%
  • Mediocre at Best

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Not Good at All

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters
The greatest news this thread could get!

SINGER PLANS TO STEP AWAY FROM "X-MEN" AFTER "APOCALYPSE,"

YES! BEGONE! GO DIRECT YOUR ****** NEMO MOVIE OR W/E

Minus a few years of absence in the middle of the franchise, director Bryan Singer has been in some way working on "X-Men" films since he kicked-off the series 16 years ago. While Singer doesn't see himself leaving the 20th Century Fox property for good, he has said he'd like to step away for 'something really different,' now that he's done with "X-Men: Apocalypse."

RELATED: Wolverine Originally Had a Larger Role in "X-Men: Apocalypse"

The "Usual Suspects" director told the LA Times, "I recently met [Oscar-winning director] Danny Boyle -- he and I have known of each other for many years but never met. He was prepping 'Steve Jobs' at the time and I was doing this and he said, 'Are you going to be doing 'X-Men' movies forever?' And I didn’t actually say no."

But Singer continued, "The reality is, even though I’m very desperate to jump to something completely different, I’ve spent so many years in this universe and I love this cast and the characters so much, I just don't see myself abandoning them forever. Perhaps as a consultant, as a producer, even as a director, I could see myself returning in the future. Just right now, once this one is done, I’d like to do something really different."
**** all that not forever bull ****. You gone b. You come back and its to direct a Beak movie. Go consult a vagina since I know you'd prefer deez nuts.

Now hopefully Kinberg is gone or is a producer in name only.

We get one of the right directors in place and all it will take is just that one big success.

Feeling so good right now :pimp: :smokin :nthat:

Last edited:
View media item 2050527
Now all we need to hear is that they are going to do a hard reboot with Tim Miller at the helm and Deadpool the only thing being canon and we Gucci

Brian Singer making it look like he's walking away out of his free will

Yea right. That 65 million opening killed him :lol:

Last edited:
Finally watched today. I didn't think it would be soo long it was a 9 am movie and didn't leave til like 12

I enjoyed this movie more than deadpool 
laugh.gif

I enjoyed this movie more than deadpool 
laugh.gif

Man, you got the weirdest taste, I swear.
deadpool was fun and a better movie but the only good thing about that movie is the character of deadpool who gets old pretty fast

this movie had fun dumb action, a fun dumb comic book villain, likeable characters, nonsensical plot, ect..

just a lot of fun all around 

its like if you took avengers age of ultron and mashed it with batman and robin 

Yesss stay the **** away Singer! Hopefully whoever takes charge knows the goods.

The Deadpool plot couldn't have been more straightforward. Nothing nonsensical about it. Only change was using flashbacks to execute the story in a nonlinear way.

I enjoyed this movie more than deadpool :lol:

Man, you got the weirdest taste, I swear.
Word this movie didn't have half the entertainment DOFP had and I felt that movie was rife with problems.

To me of the 3 movies this is at the bottom.

I got this new very touch sensitive phone and sometimes I'm typing **** and the weirdest suggestions come as I type :lol: It may have pulled an email from my contacts I think :lol: I ain't even notice it.
Email her, y'all probably gonna have a good time :lol: :nerd:

"Suggesstions"
View media item 2050542
Yeah, you know when you type and it tries to assume the word you're spelling or autocorrects in to a completely other word? I probably misspelled something so badly it threw in that email :lol:

But hey like I said feel free to email her.

Last edited:
its the worst of the three but I enjoyed all three movies

only big issue was that apoc didnt make much sense but the movie didn't take itself seriously so I didn't care. it could have literally been ivan ooze and it wouldn't really affect the movie that much 
laugh.gif

I was surprised by the writing in this movie, it was surprisingly decent

really liked the direction they went with raven, she was annoying in the first two movies but was decent in this one

wolverine cameo was nice, jean grey being the one to calm him down was a nice touch

magneto was great as always

four horsemen was pretty much just magneto and three benchwarmers 
laugh.gif
 and I was totally okay with it 

the ending was just a wonderful orgy of CGI nonsense 
roll.gif

Oh then you definitely got lowered standards. Your entire post kinda reeks of that. Aint much to discuss if you enjoyed all 3.

Last edited:
I honestly think if you enjoy Deadpool, you have humor of 12 year old child.

the issue with deadpool is not the humor, its just a boring character

even in cheesy and dumb movies like this one and the fast and furious movies you can get emotionally invested because the characters are fighting for something

but deadpool as a character doesn't take anything seriously so there's no investment in the outcome of the plot, it will all just end up in deadpool still being the same comical character he always is. 

low key one of the best things about this movie was psylocke and angel being useless and getting washed in 30 seconds each

had absolutely no interest in either of those characters and was glad they got booted off screen asap 

Well amel just said why but I thought itsabouttime saw it.

I'm now reading his posts saying he's fine waiting a year or w/e When it ends up on HBO.

I can understand not being in a rush to see this movie, especially in theaters but I can't cosign hating on it without seeing how bad it is for yourself.

Like I though B'S was gonna suck but when I got dragged to see it before it started there was still a chance it could've surprised me, dashed my low expectations to the sode, and been great.

Deadpool sorta did that for me since I didn't know what to expect and don't care for the character. Movie came out being pretty good cuz it was well written and entertaining.

But yeah just hold off on hating on it. There's other things to discuss.

I'm good..

Fox has gotten enough of my money for marvel related products.. I saw the following in theaters

5/6 xmen
2/3 f4
Deadpool
Dare devil

Even saw wolverine origins

Thank god they showed that butchered silver samurai in the trailer for the wolverine.. Can't remember why I'd didn't see Elektra

Funny enough I had the very same opinion, until I started seeing trailers for jack the giant slayer.. I even gave it a shot for about 20 mins on HBO

Then there were transformers movies and the recent TNMT movies.. Watched couple mins of the most recent for the two, again got maybe 30 collectively on both, on cable

Last edited:
Cyclops and Jean were actually lowkey the best parts of the movie when I think on it.

Singer's strengths were always developing characters and relationships in hindsight

That's why DoFP was universally acclaimed by fans and critics because it was extremely character driven. Same with X1/X2.

This was trying to be a CGed up summer blockbuster as opposed to the more operatic previous Singer enteries

Last edited:
I also like that they fully embraced the ludicrousness of their powers, both magneto and quicksilver could easily wash the entire MCU roster easily 
laugh.gif

I also like that they fully embraced the ludicrousness of their powers, both magneto and quicksilver could easily wash the entire MCU roster easily :lol:

Magneto finally showing comics level powers on screen was delicious. And the conclusion of the character arc that started with FC was satisfying and sufficiently different from who Magneto was in the OG trilogy.

You know what **** it despite my gripes there were a lot of cool/good things in this movie.

Last edited:
would i be able to watch this without seeing the last x-men movie

or should i go see it before i watch this one

Back
Top Bottom