• Top 10, Maybe Top 15

Votes: 29 37.2%
  • Mediocre at Best

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Not Good at All

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters
:lol:

Chris Pratt is not a comedian  . he might have been in some comedies, but there's a difference. He wasn't the leading many in a single comedy in his career.

Alright so there are no Will and Dicaprio level comedians in movies. Proves my point even more.

Then they have 5 year careers. 10 if they are lucky. Like I said, they become a thing of the past real quick.

Last edited:
I don't really understand the point that you are making.

If you want to say comedians have short careers, that is one thing.

To say that comedians are a thing of the past is another.

I'm sure you know the difference between the two.

What is there not to understand. I said its the comedians that become a thing of the past, not they comedy genre. As in each individual comedian becomes a thing of the past quickly. Jim Carey became a thing of the past quickly, so did will farrell, etc. Not that comedians in general are a thing of the past. Dont see how you couldve mixed it up.

Comparing the aftermath of Pixels flop to F4 flop aftermath doesnt work. Comedy is an all encompassing genre and CBM is way more high concept than that. And its the comedians that become a thing of the past anyway, not the genre.

Last edited:
i'm pretty sure you got the point of that post though

Something like Jupiter Ascending flopping means we won't see any weird *** space films for like 10 years but when was the last time we got a film like that? The 5th Element ??

Equating one bad film to the future collapse of an entire genre is dumb when they're a part of the studio machine and the biggest money producers that exist. It's only going to get worse next year with like 7 CBMs (8 if you count TMNT) dropping. At least 3 of them are going to be different levels of meh and that still won't mean ****

Take video game films for example, since that'll be a lot less likely to start an argument... there has literally never been a Video Game based movie with a higher RT score than 44%, with the worst period being 05-09 and there were still at least 2 films being made a year. Outside of the RE and Tomb Raider series most of them were either disappointments or very moderate box office successes.

We need to just acknowledge F4 was a very, very strange anomaly that was doomed ( :smh: ) from the start. It'll have no long term baring on the genre and will be forgotten fairly soon. Start panicking when the Batman, Spider-Man and Justice League films start bombing though :lol:

Closest thing we have to Will, Leo level talent now is Jennifer Lawrence tbh.

That level of box office appeal + critical love/award nominations gets rarer by the year with how things are now

Being funny does not make you a comedian :rofl:

Chris Pratt =/= Bill Burr

Plenty of funny dudes doing it big though...even in their action roles they bring humor...you can argue a big recipe of all Marvel films is comedic relief....we have RDJ, Pratt, Rudd, Cooper, etc etc....comedy will always be a big ingredient to a lot of these comic book blockbusters....

Comedians making the jump from stand up into A-listers, well that ship has sailed....KH is the closest we have to anything similar, he's eating good and has leading roles in movies, but they won't be classics.

Ami the only one whose never liked rotten tomatoes scoring.... prince of persia audience scoring was a 58% (hands down one of my fav movies)

Also to say jim carrey was a thing of the past. Man been killing it on tv and movies since the 80s...hes had his run trust me. But a thing of the past??? I mean technically......but he started doing more serious roles anyway with a twinge of comedic relief

Ami the only one whose never liked rotten tomatoes scoring.... prince of persia audience scoring was a 58% (hands down one of my fav movies)

1297.gif

Lmao hate all you want that movie was good to me.. but then again im older i remember playing it on super Nintendo

Got some time to kill while my A/C is being replaced so going to catch this in about 30 min (going to see SOoC tomorrow).

I've never been so hyped to see a bad movie before. :lol:

Lmao hate all you want that movie was good to me.. but then again im older i remember playing it on super Nintendo

I respect your opinion, but Prince of Persia was terrible not even taking into account the white washing which made it insulting.

Being funny does not make you a comedian :rofl:

Chris Pratt =/= Bill Burr

Plenty of funny dudes doing it big though...even in their action roles they bring humor...you can argue a big recipe of all Marvel films is comedic relief....we have RDJ, Pratt, Rudd, Cooper, etc etc....comedy will always be a big ingredient to a lot of these comic book blockbusters....

Comedians making the jump from stand up into A-listers, well that ship has sailed....KH is the closest we have to anything similar, he's eating good and has leading roles in movies, but they won't be classics.

Why are we acting like there aren't going to be new comedians that emerges and flourishes

It's like looking at Michael Jordan retiring and saying there aren't going to be anymore basketball players

What is there not to understand. I said its the comedians that become a thing of the past, not they comedy genre. As in each individual comedian becomes a thing of the past quickly. Jim Carey became a thing of the past quickly, so did will farrell, etc. Not that comedians in general are a thing of the past. Dont see how you couldve mixed it up.

Comparing the aftermath of Pixels flop to F4 flop aftermath doesnt work. Comedy is an all encompassing genre and CBM is way more high concept than that. And its the comedians that become a thing of the past anyway, not the genre.

Saying comedians without being more specific make it sound like you're talking about all comedians, present and future, man

I get what you're saying now but surely you can see why your initial statement would be misleading

Last edited:
Closest thing we have to Will, Leo level talent now is Jennifer Lawrence tbh.

That level of box office appeal + critical love/award nominations gets rarer by the year with how things are now
That's another good point. You can't single out a rare exception like Will Smith and then ask for comparisons in comedy. As if what Will did (which he no longer does) is easily repeatable.

I also don't get grouping Leo with Will. He's a better actor and capable of being a box office draw but he's not know for doing what Will did at all.

Whats the argument here i havent been paying attention...?
What actor last their entire career who are funny?

Dude misspoke and said comedians are a thing of the past as if suddenly there will no longer be comedy movies or comedians in comedic movies :lol:

Then he went on to make a weird comparison about there being no Will Smith of comedy movies or Leo DiCaprio. Not the best examples but w/e. There have been big name comedic actors that get a big draw if we're talking comedy movies.

Then he cleared it up and said he just meant specific comedians. Who? I forget who it started with but I think Sandler and Jim Carrey were mentioned. Two comedians turned comedic actors that had like 10 year runs but he insists it's more like 5 years and that's it.

He said all that to say that eventually those comedians will have their runs and that's it but that's no different for actors like Will Smith whose days of being a big box office draw are behind him. That's not to say these comedians won't still be able to get acting gigs.

Really disappointed, this film wasn't even that bad. Can't even put it in a bottom 5 of superhero films (hell may not even make a bottom 10 list).

My advice, go during a weekday and grab a ticket for a matinee. Forget what you've heard/read and sit down and enjoy the first 45-50 minutes. Once you see "ONE YEAR LATER" plastered on the screen, run for the exit and don't look back.

Then he cleared it up and said he just meant specific comedians. Who? I forget who it started with but I think Sandler and Jim Carrey were mentioned. Two comedians turned comedic actors that had like 10 year runs but he insists it's more like 5 years and that's it.
hahaha those were atleast 15 years strong in their career each.. thats not even including voice actor work

Really disappointed, this film wasn't even that bad. Can't even put it in a bottom 5 of superhero films (hell may not even make a bottom 10 list).
k.

this is what I was trying to tell people
exactly why I said all them reviews and criticism without seeing the movie was so OD

My advice, go during a weekday and grab a ticket for a matinee. Forget what you've heard/read and sit down and enjoy the first 45-50 minutes. Once you see "ONE YEAR LATER" plastered on the screen, run for the exit and don't look back.
:rofl:

Watched the 05 F4 recently and it's far superior to the new one.

It's by no means a great movie but it had the comedy going for it, and it's corniness is very charming in a 2005 sort of way.

Sure Trank never got his final cut, but the movie would not have been good anyways. Doom introduced as a neckbeard? Don't think that's bad? Picture the iron man films based around Tony Stark as a poor neckbeard geek living in a dump. I tried not to nitpick, like everyone was just exaggerating based on what's already out there, but no the quality of this is bad, so many technical errors that someone who doesn't watch movies would notice. What was up with Miles Tellers performance? It's like he had a private joke with the dudes behind the camera and was trying to hold back a snicker the entire film. Everything has been touched at this point, I won't even bother.

I mean they're trying to make it some what modern, Original doom wouldn't have really translated to 2015 times... this movie still portrayed him to be reeds intellectual rival (with reed edging him out)
I dont think it was that bad.

Back
Top Bottom