Fragment Design x Retro 1 High OG - Dec 27, 2014

He is saying he would trade his Frags for Royals bruh

Not the other way around

OG>lighting bolts
I am saying I would trade my DS Royals for another pair of Frags. I agree that OG > Lightning bolt, but you know damn well that the royals will come back out again, and MUCH more comfortable probably too lol. I'd do it for sure.

SBB too much extra. I own the Pinnacle 1s and love them, but the Fragment 1s are my grails. I could care less about the lightning bolt. I love the colorway. I think adding the SBB 1s in there is a little too much. That's about $1300 worth of Jays in the Pinnacle 1s and SBB. I would trade add a shoe of lesser value

Blk Pinnacle & SBB 1's for a Pair of Frags?????
SBB too much extra. I own the Pinnacle 1s and love them, but the Fragment 1s are my grails. I could care less about the lightning bolt. I love the colorway. I think adding the SBB 1s in there is a little too much. That's about $1300 worth of Jays in the Pinnacle 1s and SBB. I would trade add a shoe of lesser value

Last edited:

How are frags "grails".

How are frags "grails".
If you knew how many times I tried in the past year to get those. Tried to get them 1st release online fail, tried restock fail, entered raffle at 21 mercer failed. Went to the Jordan pop up shop in Brooklyn during All Star Weekend, went to the SNKRS store in the city also. I can't get my hands on them

The whole "grail" thing is subjective. To someone, a GR rosherun could be a grail. 

Grail =/= expensive and rare
yes, “grail” is subjective.   that’s why I asked what makes Frags “grail” status.  to me, a grail sneaker has significance or a story behind it. 

ie:  a retro that you’re shooting for because the og model was your first pair of Js

or, you relate to the colab in some way.   for example, if Nas did a colab on a Jordan 1, that would be my grail because the 1 is my favorite model and Nas is the all time greatest.

But most (98%) that own/want Frags know nothing about Hiroshi and had not heard of him until this release.   So there’s no connection to the designer. 

So I was asking, what exactly about Frags makes them grail status….vs just being a hypebeast shoe

yes, “grail” is subjective.  that’s why I asked what makes Frags “grail” status.  to me, a grail sneaker has significance or a story behind it. 

ie:  a retro that you’re shooting for because the og model was your first pair of Js

or, you relate to the colab in some way.  for example, if Nas did a colab on a Jordan 1, that would be my grail because the 1 is my favorite model and Nas is the all time greatest.

But most (98%) that own/want Frags know nothing about Hiroshi and had not heard of him until this release.  So there’s no connection to the designer. 

So I was asking, what exactly about Frags makes them grail status….vs just being a hypebeast shoe
If you're trying to say that I don't know Hiroshi is the H in HTM, I do. I don't own any fragment design clothing and I could care less about fragment design. It's the colorway that I love. Personally I think it's the best colorway in a long time thats not OG. Some ppl would say that the Kobe 9 or 10 HTM are there Grails and they don't even know that HTM are initials. I tried very hard for almost a year to get them at a reasonable price, but everyone wants at least $900. I rather have them than any Yeezy, Nike or Adidas

Don't care about hype or the fragments for that matter I never jumped on this train had the chance at retail and passed don't care for them

Hype=grail status for today's "sneakerhead"

Word for word.

If a shoe is somewhat in reach, I dont think it can or should be classified as a "grail"....F all that subjective mess.

A grail is something thats damn near impossible to get hold of.

Not some GR :smh:

Word for word.

If a shoe is somewhat in reach, I dont think it can or should be classified as a "grail"....F all that subjective mess.

A grail is something thats damn near impossible to get hold of.

Not some GR :smh:

^i agree on everything except the last part. A Grail can definitely be a GR
Imit can be harder to find an older GR that most people wore out and didn't value than a limited shoe that many decided to keep on ice.
For a long time my Grail was the AM 96 black/concord. no hype around them, there just weren't any pairs around til I finally found a pair on eBay after searching for a long time.

^i agree on everything except the last part. A Grail can definitely be a GR
Imit can be harder to find an older GR that most people wore out and didn't value than a limited shoe that many decided to keep on ice.
For a long time my Grail was the AM 96 black/concord. no hype around them, there just weren't any pairs around til I finally found a pair on eBay after searching for a long time.

You, Sir, are correct.

But what I meant was a GR that released within the last few years or so.

I seen cats call a shoe that released yesterday their Grail smh.

You, Sir, are correct.

But what I meant was a GR that released within the last few years or so.

I seen cats call a shoe that released yesterday their Grail smh.

Gotcha. Yah if the shoe is available but the only thing keeping you from getting them is you don't have the money, i dunno I don't consider that a grail.

Here's a great vid about a store in Argentina full of OG Adidas shoes and gear. Around 7:00 he talks about finding one of his grails in that store..

Last edited:
If you're trying to say that I don't know Hiroshi is the H in HTM, I do. I don't own any fragment design clothing and I could care less about fragment design. It's the colorway that I love. Personally I think it's the best colorway in a long time thats not OG. Some ppl would say that the Kobe 9 or 10 HTM are there Grails and they don't even know that HTM are initials. I tried very hard for almost a year to get them at a reasonable price, but everyone wants at least $900. I rather have them than any Yeezy, Nike or Adidas
Yeah man i'm with you, I LOVE the colorway of the frags, and that black tongue tho 
pimp.gif
 It's what you like, that's all that matters. I freaking love the frags so much and those will probably never release again. 

The frags are just a great colorway. I could care less about collab/lightning bolt. That's why I'm very content w laser frag customs.

Last edited:
i can see how fragments could be considered a grail, for sure. it's still a classic shoe due to the royal colorway tie in and the black toe colorblocking. add to that mold, quality, fuji story tie in AND limited availability? i'm sure it is a grail for many.

Last edited:
The frags are just a great colorway. I could care less about collab/lightning bolt. That's why I'm very content w laser frag customs.
You guys do realize that the Fragment ones are a Royal Black toe right? They're not reinventing the wheel here.  This is my theory, most of the people that got these got them because it was a collaboration and were limited; that's why they're $1,000 plus.  If they can out with the same exact shoe minus the Fragment collaboration these would be in the typical NA 1 price range.  The Shattered Backboard 1s have better materials than these but because of the decent availability of them and color used the prices are not as high as these.  Anyone saying that these have better materials than the Shattered Backboard 1s is bias towards the Fragments.  End of Rant.

If you have a problem with what I said, try to prove me wrong. 

You guys do realize that the Fragment ones are a Royal Black toe right? They're not reinventing the wheel here.  This is my theory, most of the people that got these got them because it was a collaboration and were limited; that's why they're $1,000 plus.  If they can out with the same exact shoe minus the Fragment collaboration these would be in the typical NA 1 price range.  The Shattered Backboard 1s have better materials than these but because of the decent availability of them and color used the prices are not as high as these.  Anyone saying that these have better materials than the Shattered Backboard 1s is bias towards the Fragments.  End of Rant.

If you have a problem with what I said, try to prove me wrong. 
Agree 100% with what you're saying.  The frag collab is driving the price up which sucks for buyers like myself who want to own a pair find it hard to pull the trigger with the 1k resell price.  If they were not part of a collab, definitely in the normal NA pricing with others.  

I don't think there is a huge discrepancy between the the two. Between the orange around the collar of the sbb, and the blue of the frags, they feel the same to me. Now the black on the top of the collar feels softer to me on the frags. Same goes for the toe box. The black feels softer to me on the frags. But the top of the toe box, orange on the sbb, blue on the frags, feels softer on the sbb. Same goes for the sail color side panel on the sbb, and white on the frags, sbb is softer. So to me, what sets them apart is 1) lower profile toe box on frags is better and 2) just the colors, blue > orange. Anyways it's all subjective. Everyone has their opinion, this just mine. :smile:

Back
Top Bottom