Fragment Design x Retro 1 High OG - Dec 27, 2014

Originally Posted by JJSmoothie View Post

No Sadderday please

Fixed :wink:

H2mKBb8eO5mwM.gif

Last edited:
Yeah, it seems they're gonna rotate the launch clocks as they get closer to different releases.
they posted a long rant about bots.

pretty cool:

Welcome to END. Launches

In the early days of sneaker collecting you simply went to the store and waited in line to pick up the latest limited release. When the internet first came along, you just had to have your card to hand and press F5, however recently the 'sneaker bots' have changed the game beyond all recognition.

END. Launches is a dedicated microsite and registration system for limited edition sneakers, aimed at levelling the playing field for genuine sneaker fans. The site will focus on key forthcoming sneaker launches, allowing customers to easily register and purchase limited edition sneakers online.

How does it work?

Register for any release by entering your email address, shipping address and choosing your size
When the product drops we'll email all registrants a link to the purchase page
On clicking the link, you'll join a queue system with stock allocated on a first come first serve basis
If you are allocated stock, you will have 5 minutes to complete the payment/checkout process
If a user does not complete payment within 5 minutes, the product will be re-allocated to the next person in the queue

Gonna be cooked. They should just go Bait style and do an online raffle

This process will help bots even more.
I think it will reduce the impact of bots significantly but still not able to ensure purchases are not done by the bots.

The biggest problem and disappointment comes now when 100s of people get it into cart but due to server overload, almost no real human being can manage to check out, it adds to the frustration that will make them seem like they missed it just by a bit, even when most don't actually stand any chance against the bots.

Hopefully this will make it more troublesome for bots as you'll have to go into the email to get the actual product link.

But the best case scenario will be when stocks are allocated to someone, they can have a smooth check out transaction without any crash, if they can make it separate from the normal web store servers.

I think it will reduce the impact of bots significantly but still not able to ensure purchases are not done by the bots.

The biggest problem and disappointment comes now when 100s of people get it into cart but due to server overload, almost no real human being can manage to check out, it adds to the frustration that will make them seem like they missed it just by a bit, even when most don't actually stand any chance against the bots.

Hopefully this will make it more troublesome for bots as you'll have to go into the email to get the actual product link.

But the best case scenario will be when stocks are allocated to someone, they can have a smooth check out transaction without any crash, if they can make it separate from the normal web store servers.

Last edited:
It's a drawing. You have to enter your info and then get drawn. Once you win they send you a link and the checkout should be smooth since bots can't select who wins. Supposedly the drawing is so they can weed out the bots but we'll see!

I thought they send a link to everyone and who ever checks out first gets them

That way people don't know links and it's random since you gotta be in your email as soon as they send it

Ok so I actually checked their website this time and it seems the info online is a little off. So the registration is to weed out the bots (multiples registered with same shipping/billing/email info) but when the drop happens they'll send out the email and its fcfs from there. You'll have 5 min to check out or you'll be dropped and the next person gets a chance. Hopefully their internal verification will help eliminate bots but it does seem like they will still have a chance.

Ok so I actually checked their website this time and it seems the info online is a little off. So the registration is to weed out the bots (multiples registered with same shipping/billing/email info) but when the drop happens they'll send out the email and its fcfs from there. You'll have 5 min to check out or you'll be dropped and the next person gets a chance. Hopefully their internal verification will help eliminate bots but it does seem like they will still have a chance.

Hopefully the site doesn't crash for more than 5 minutes tbh

Man, good luck to you guys

But feels good knowing the shoe "gods" blessed me with a og drop pair

Ok so I actually checked their website this time and it seems the info online is a little off. So the registration is to weed out the bots (multiples registered with same shipping/billing/email info) but when the drop happens they'll send out the email and its fcfs from there.
That sounds fair. Unless these bots have millions of different houses and PO boxes that seems like a sensible way to figure out who's using them. I hope this becomes the new trend.

People will be able to run scripts to open the link from the email as soon as it hits. Manual won't even be an option.
Definitely will have ways to go around it, if it's just simple emailed link.

But I'm sure it will at least reduce the impact of bots camping on the main e-commerce store.

In fact, I did rather stores just raffle every single pair of hyped release, save me the hassle, just register and move on.

Back
Top Bottom