||| FREE RUN+ 3 & iD ||| EXT Collection (pg43) |||

Originally Posted by knuckles2k5

will the finishline code work if I go in to the store? or is it online only?

Pretty sure it's only online, never heard of one of their codes working in store. lol

You can order it online with the code and choose "in store pickup".
wink.gif

Picked them up directly after work. I couldn't wait 'til tomorrow
laugh.gif

I just took the pics, so excuse the bad lighting...

Free Run+ 3iD Hybrid - Flintstone by ILLustRAYt, on Flickr

The Total Orange &*(!&$*(@ BEAMS!
glasses.gif

Comparison Shots

FR1, 2 and 3 by ILLustRAYt, on Flickr

Insoles: 1, 2 and 3 by ILLustRAYt, on Flickr

FR3 x FR2 by ILLustRAYt, on Flickr

Brief Review:
- 3s (Hybrids) are much sleeker than the FR2 and 1s.
- Lower to the ground
- Sockliner (Neoprene) feels more comfy than the FR2 (Regular Cotton)
- Insole (LunarTrainer-esque) is softer/foamy.
- Upper is Film. It feels pretty durable.
- Summit White = "Dirty" White

Without a doubt the FR2 is the top dog, and I think it'll stay that way. However, I'm still a fan of the 3. I'll be ordering 3-4 more iDs (all Hybrids).
As for the regular FR3, I saw them in person today, and I'm really diggin' the WMNs Liquid Lime cw. I'll probably get those sometime down the line and maybe one more GR.

Originally Posted by ILLustRAYt

How is the fit? I went half a size up, won't have em till next tuesday though. 
Picked them up directly after work. I couldn't wait 'til tomorrow
laugh.gif

I just took the pics, so excuse the bad lighting...

Free Run+ 3iD Hybrid - Flintstone by ILLustRAYt, on Flickr

The Total Orange &*(!&$*(@ BEAMS!
glasses.gif

Comparison Shots

FR1, 2 and 3 by ILLustRAYt, on Flickr

FR3 x FR2 by ILLustRAYt, on Flickr

Brief Review:
- 3s (Hybrids) are much sleeker than the FR2 and 1s.
- Lower to the ground
- Sockliner (Neoprene) feels more comfy than the FR2 (Regular Cotton)
- Insole (LunarTrainer-esque) is softer/foamy.
- Upper is Film. It feels pretty durable.
- Summit White = "Dirty" White

Without a doubt the FR2 is the top dog, and I think it'll stay that way. However, I'm still a fan of the 3. I'll be ordering 3-4 more iDs (all Hybrids).
As for the regular FR3, I saw them in person today, and I'm really diggin' the WMNs Liquid Lime cw. I'll probably get those sometime down the line and maybe one more GR.

rocked my fuels for the firs ttime to the gym recently, on leg day. extremely comfortable. more so than my fr2's. i just put one green lace in and one black.

I got the yellow ones today at Footlocker w/ the Birthday coupon and i have one thing to say, these are REALLY REALLY comfortable. WOW

I agree with Ray. The Footlocker employee told me to go half size up and tried on my size (9.5) and they fit perfect...

^^ well damn, I went a half size up, kept the 3.0 sole. There is no way I am sending them back after waiting 1 month, and then waiting another month for them to remake them..... crossing my fingers the fit is doable...
grin.gif
 I will find out Tuesday when they get here. 

Dominic, I got the 5.0s.

Pnizzle, the fit will probably be doable. I like things tight (pause) so that's why I didn't go a half size up. It just depends on every person..

True. I like my shoes the same way. However, 1/2 up is definitely doable.

Next time a new iD drops and when sizing is uncertain, I'll be ordering two pairs to find out which fits best for me rather than just one and hoping it fits right.

Really wasn't feeling these compared to the 2s at first, but now I'm going to pick up a pair. Deciding between the soar/volt or deep royals. Has anyone seen these colorways in person? It seems that the "soar" is just a more vibrant version of the royals...

My local sports authority has the 3.0 men's in black and grey.

I saw the soar/deep royal at my local FTL. I really prefer the soar, as it just pops more. Perfect for summer wear imo. Deep royal is pretty similar to the deep royal FR2s- the volt DF doesn't complement it too well.

Picked up the white/gray 3.0s at Sports Authority w/ the Friends and Family 25% discount. Pretty satisfied on how these fit. Glad I got both the 5.0s and 3.0s already -________- fml

Originally Posted by abstractability

Picked up the white/gray 3.0s at Sports Authority w/ the Friends and Family 25% discount. Pretty satisfied on how these fit. Glad I got both the 5.0s and 3.0s already -________- fml

Thanks for the lead, bro! I'll check out my local SA for the Liquid Limes / Chrome Yellows tomorrow.

Ray, I didn't see any of the yellow Frees (3.0 or 5.0) at SA. Only saw the Royal Blue and the Red 5.0s, and the Black and the White 3.0s.

BTW, I went half a size up for the 3.0s... They did feel tighter than the 5.0s....

I ended picking these up today. While I feel the 2s may look better, I personally prefer the fit of these much better. Also, the girl at footlocker gave me 20% off because they had a tiny barely noticeable black smudge on them. My 3.0 Ids come in tomorrow. I will post picks when they get in. 
nfg228.jpg

I feel the complete opposite. I felt that the heel pocket on the FR+2s kept my foot snugly in there while my heel slips a little bit because of how flat the FR+3s are in the heel. Not to mention the tongue sliding around in the FR+3s get's annoying. I like the one piece upper more on the FR+2s because of that.

Don't get me wrong I like the FR+3s a lot, but I like the FR+2s better in terms of fit. Comfort wise I feel they're pretty similar.

Back
Top Bottom