From waffle TRUCK to waffle STORE! vol: FINALLY GRAND OPENING GOD DAMN THAT TOOK LONG

Good work OP 
pimp.gif

Keep up the progress

Props bro. I make some killer tacos and would love to get my own truck one day. Your story inspires me on so many levels

Last edited:
True story

girlslovewaffles girlslovewaffles

I remember the "What does your SN mean" thread where you suggested someone google to find out.

I was scared it was some "2 girls 1 cup" steez so I never did :rofl:

Would of never thought it was a truck serving actual waffles and ice cream.
D

Damn, thanks so much for all the love and support guys. Means a lot to me to know that y'all got my back like that.

One thing I value most above all is doing a good job. I strive for this everyday, whether it's working on my business, talking to a customer, or trying to get an A in one of my courses. Knowing that people appreciate your work ethic and are supportive of your endeavors and dreams, I don't know, it just really hits home for me. It's a feeling I don't take for granted, and I sincerely appreciate y'all for giving me that feeling.

If anyone has any questions about anything, just shoot me a PM. I'd be happy to help if I can offer any semblance of guidance/advice. I'm still a young boy, but my experiences are your guys' experiences.

Also going to try and respond to some of the individual questions on here. Thank you all again!

Congrats! :nthat:

If I'm ever up there, I'll come and support.

Last edited:
wait man i thought you were opening in westwood :frown:

i'll try and make it out there sometime. do i yell tap tap pull when i enter? :nerd:

@Nawzlew It was one of the top prospects but the deal for this Old Pas spot was too good to pass! But we love Westwood and it's a great place for us as well. Would love to have something out there in the next couple years. Keeping our eyes peeled!

And yes, you're welcome to ask for me anytime :wink: name's George.

Congrats. I missed the other thread..Was it a natural progression from truck to retail outlet? Did someone really like your initial food truck product and wanted to turn it into a true money maker?? I see many food trucks around my way content with their growth and sales etc.... ie, theyve been at it a good 5-10 years. I almost would rather eat food truck food than anything else.

@WallyHopp Yeah, a brick and mortar was always our end-game plan. Trucks are too cumbersome operations wise to scale and aren't worth the trouble. We do great with our single truck as we mostly do large events and private catering. If we had a second truck, it wouldn't have enough places to go to make it viable. It's also a lot easier to build up a brand with stores than trucks. For example, look at Grilled Cheese Truck. If they had chains, they'd be doing a lot better. But they're trying to franchise trucks and they've been stuck with only a handful of cities for quite some time. It's just a lot of work with no major upside.

Getting into med school was the catalyst for our store. For the longest time, we wanted to save up and bankroll the store with our own profits. But getting into school, I knew we were on a time crunch now, as I wanted to do as much as possible before leaving. So I gathered some friends of friends, acquaintances, etc, and made a pitch to them. A couple months later, we got the money we needed and signed the lease.

Congrats bro. Will u still run the truck as well or just keep it strictly brick and mortar?

@Dathbgboy Yep! The truck will run alongside the store. We're going to evaluate the #s to see if it makes sense, though. But based on this year's catering revenue, it seems likely we'll keep it running.

Make one in Kansas City [emoji]128548[/emoji][emoji]128548[/emoji][emoji]128548[/emoji][emoji]128548[/emoji][emoji]128548[/emoji]

@12 Million 5 year plan :wink:

Old Pasadena... the big time :nthat:

eracism eracism Hehe thanks. Loved the area growing up, can't believe I'm joining the neighborhood!

Congrats...

I will be in Cali in December for work for a weekend before Xmas.

I fly into Burbank though is that far from where you are?

@Putting In Work Burbank is pretty close to Pasadena. I want to say a 15-20 minute drive on the freeway without traffic.

Props bro. I make some killer tacos and would love to get my own truck one day. Your story inspires me on so many levels

kingfoamnyc kingfoamnyc Thank you man. I tell everyone to go for what they believe in, just make sure you do your homework, assess the risk, and above all else, execute with conviction.

True story

girlslovewaffles girlslovewaffles

I remember the "What does your SN mean" thread where you suggested someone google to find out.

I was scared it was some "2 girls 1 cup" steez so I never did :rofl:

Would of never thought it was a truck serving actual waffles and ice cream.
D

kingkoopa kingkoopa Haha I remember that! Yeah, I'd be scared too lol

Last edited:
Congrats! Your branding looks great. You know the game so I'm sure your restaurant will kill it.

Congrats girlslovewaffles girlslovewaffles . Good luck to your store, truck, and med school. I say this in almost every thread I see you but idc. Nt, These waffles are the best ******* waffles I have ever had. Idk what they do But these waffles are on some other level of GREATNESS.

I actually just touched down in LA for business, here till Saturday morning then out. Any chance for a sneak peek for Miami nt'ers that are just gonna miss the opening?

Congrats! Your branding looks great. You know the game so I'm sure your restaurant will kill it.

Thank you man!

Congrats girlslovewaffles girlslovewaffles . Good luck to your store, truck, and med school. I say this in almost every thread I see you but idc. Nt, These waffles are the best ******* waffles I have ever had. Idk what they do But these waffles are on some other level of GREATNESS.

You are our #1 NT fan lol. Appreciate the love and support. I will do my best to make NT proud!

Glad to see you making it OP, it's been a long time coming

Bring one out here to South Jersey 
pimp.gif
 we need something like this

Thanks again for the love guys. Grand opening went great and now we're on normal business hours!

Not out of the woods yet, though. Now comes the fun part of marketing :tongue:

I think I remember the thread when you talked about opening up the waffle truck itself.

Nice to see your business grow fam! Prosper.

Back
Top Bottom