Full Hip Hop-Related Grammy Nomination List

Originally Posted by Tuff G0ng

Originally Posted by millionuppercuts

Here's the thing with EMINEM.

His praise is LONG OVERDUE. Very Long overdue... Even though his work right now may not justify the awards he should have been given this a few years ago when he was at his peak.

This happens a lot in the music business. They try to make up for it by rewarding you later on.
Originally Posted by Tha Flashy One

Em completely conquered 2010, his album has hit 3 milli and it's still selling, i mean when is this guy ever gonna get his respect? dude deserves his nominations
Spoiler [+]
[table][tr][th=""]Year[/th][th=""]Nominated work[/th][th=""]Award[/th][th=""]Result[/th][/tr][tr][td]2000[/td][td]"My Name Is"[/td][td]Best Rap Solo Performance[/td][td]Won[/td][/tr][tr][td]"The Slim Shady LP"[/td][td]Best Rap Album[/td][td]Won[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Guilty Conscience" feat. Dr.Dre[/td][td]Best Rap Performance By A Duo Or Group[/td][td]Nominated[/td][/tr][tr][td]2001[/td][td]"The Real Slim Shady"[/td][td]Best Rap Solo Performance[/td][td]Won[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Forgot About Dre" with Dr.Dre[/td][td]Best Rap Performance By A Duo Or Group[/td][td]Won[/td][/tr][tr][td]"The Marshall Mathers LP"[/td][td]Best Rap Album[/td][td]Won[/td][/tr][tr][td]"The Marshall Mathers LP"[/td][td]Album Of The Year[/td][td]Nominated[/td][/tr][tr][td]2003[/td][td]"Without Me"[/td][td]Best Short Form Music Video[/td][td]Won[/td][/tr][tr][td]"The Eminem Show"[/td][td]Best Rap Album[/td][td]Won[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Without Me"[/td][td]Best Rap Solo Performance[/td][td]Nominated[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Without Me"[/td][td]Record Of The Year[/td][td]Nominated[/td][/tr][tr][td]"The Eminem Show"[/td][td]Album Of The Year[/td][td]Nominated[/td][/tr][tr][td]2004[/td][td]"Lose Yourself"[/td][td]Best Rap Solo Performance[/td][td]Won[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Lose Yourself"[/td][td]Best Rap Song[/td][td]Won[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Lose Yourself"[/td][td]Record Of The Year[/td][td]Nominated[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Lose Yourself"[/td][td]Song Of The Year[/td][td]Nominated[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Lose Yourself"[/td][td]Best Song Written For A Motion Picture[/td][td]Nominated[/td][/tr][tr][td]2005[/td][td]"Just Lose It"[/td][td]Best Rap Solo Performance[/td][td]Nominated[/td][/tr][tr][td]2006[/td][td]"Encore"[/td][td]Best Rap Album[/td][td]Nominated[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Mockingbird"[/td][td]Best Rap Solo Performance[/td][td]Nominated[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Encore/Curtains Down" feat. Dr.Dre & 50 Cent[/td][td]Best Rap Performance By A Duo Or Group[/td][td]Nominated[/td][/tr][tr][td]2007[/td][td]"Smack That" with Akon[/td][td]Best Rap/Sung Collaboration[/td][td]Nominated[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Shake That" feat. Nate Dogg[/td][td]Best Rap/Sung Collaboration[/td][td]Nominated[/td][/tr][tr][td]2010[/td][td]"Crack A Bottle" feat. Dr. Dre & 50 Cent[/td][td]Best Rap Performance By A Duo Or Group[/td][td]Won[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Relapse"[/td][td]Best Rap Album[/td][td]Won[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Beautiful"[/td][td]Best Rap Solo Performance[/td][td]Nominated[/td][/tr][tr][td]2011[/td][td]"Recovery"[/td][td]Album Of The Year[/td][td]Pending[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Recovery"[/td][td]Best Rap Album[/td][td]Pending[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Love The Way You Lie" feat. Rihanna[/td][td]Record Of The Year[/td][td]Pending[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Love The Way You Lie" feat. Rihanna[/td][td]Song Of The Year[/td][td]Pending[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Love The Way You Lie" feat. Rihanna[/td][td]Best Rap Song[/td][td]Pending[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Love The Way You Lie" feat. Rihanna[/td][td]Best Rap/Sung Collaboration[/td][td]Pending[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Love The Way You Lie" feat. Rihanna[/td][td]Best Short Form Music Video[/td][td]Pending[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Not Afraid"[/td][td]Best Rap Song[/td][td]Pending[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Not Afraid"[/td][td]Best Rap Solo Performance[/td][td]Pending[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Airplanes, Part II" with B.o.B & Hayley Williams[/td][td]Best Pop Collaboration With Vocals[/td][td]Pending[/td][/tr][/table]
Maybe I'm missing something here?
Exactly...what is this dude talking about?

His praise is LONG OVERDUE. Very Long overdue... Even though his work right now may not justify the awards he should have been given this a few years ago when he was at his peak.

This happens a lot in the music business. They try to make up for it by rewarding you later on.

Em completely conquered 2010, his album has hit 3 milli and it's still selling, i mean when is this guy ever gonna get his respect? dude deserves his nominations
Spoiler [+]
[table][tr][th=""]Year[/th][th=""]Nominated work[/th][th=""]Award[/th][th=""]Result[/th][/tr][tr][td]2000[/td][td]"My Name Is"[/td][td]Best Rap Solo Performance[/td][td]Won[/td][/tr][tr][td]"The Slim Shady LP"[/td][td]Best Rap Album[/td][td]Won[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Guilty Conscience" feat. Dr.Dre[/td][td]Best Rap Performance By A Duo Or Group[/td][td]Nominated[/td][/tr][tr][td]2001[/td][td]"The Real Slim Shady"[/td][td]Best Rap Solo Performance[/td][td]Won[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Forgot About Dre" with Dr.Dre[/td][td]Best Rap Performance By A Duo Or Group[/td][td]Won[/td][/tr][tr][td]"The Marshall Mathers LP"[/td][td]Best Rap Album[/td][td]Won[/td][/tr][tr][td]"The Marshall Mathers LP"[/td][td]Album Of The Year[/td][td]Nominated[/td][/tr][tr][td]2003[/td][td]"Without Me"[/td][td]Best Short Form Music Video[/td][td]Won[/td][/tr][tr][td]"The Eminem Show"[/td][td]Best Rap Album[/td][td]Won[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Without Me"[/td][td]Best Rap Solo Performance[/td][td]Nominated[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Without Me"[/td][td]Record Of The Year[/td][td]Nominated[/td][/tr][tr][td]"The Eminem Show"[/td][td]Album Of The Year[/td][td]Nominated[/td][/tr][tr][td]2004[/td][td]"Lose Yourself"[/td][td]Best Rap Solo Performance[/td][td]Won[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Lose Yourself"[/td][td]Best Rap Song[/td][td]Won[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Lose Yourself"[/td][td]Record Of The Year[/td][td]Nominated[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Lose Yourself"[/td][td]Song Of The Year[/td][td]Nominated[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Lose Yourself"[/td][td]Best Song Written For A Motion Picture[/td][td]Nominated[/td][/tr][tr][td]2005[/td][td]"Just Lose It"[/td][td]Best Rap Solo Performance[/td][td]Nominated[/td][/tr][tr][td]2006[/td][td]"Encore"[/td][td]Best Rap Album[/td][td]Nominated[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Mockingbird"[/td][td]Best Rap Solo Performance[/td][td]Nominated[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Encore/Curtains Down" feat. Dr.Dre & 50 Cent[/td][td]Best Rap Performance By A Duo Or Group[/td][td]Nominated[/td][/tr][tr][td]2007[/td][td]"Smack That" with Akon[/td][td]Best Rap/Sung Collaboration[/td][td]Nominated[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Shake That" feat. Nate Dogg[/td][td]Best Rap/Sung Collaboration[/td][td]Nominated[/td][/tr][tr][td]2010[/td][td]"Crack A Bottle" feat. Dr. Dre & 50 Cent[/td][td]Best Rap Performance By A Duo Or Group[/td][td]Won[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Relapse"[/td][td]Best Rap Album[/td][td]Won[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Beautiful"[/td][td]Best Rap Solo Performance[/td][td]Nominated[/td][/tr][tr][td]2011[/td][td]"Recovery"[/td][td]Album Of The Year[/td][td]Pending[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Recovery"[/td][td]Best Rap Album[/td][td]Pending[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Love The Way You Lie" feat. Rihanna[/td][td]Record Of The Year[/td][td]Pending[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Love The Way You Lie" feat. Rihanna[/td][td]Song Of The Year[/td][td]Pending[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Love The Way You Lie" feat. Rihanna[/td][td]Best Rap Song[/td][td]Pending[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Love The Way You Lie" feat. Rihanna[/td][td]Best Rap/Sung Collaboration[/td][td]Pending[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Love The Way You Lie" feat. Rihanna[/td][td]Best Short Form Music Video[/td][td]Pending[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Not Afraid"[/td][td]Best Rap Song[/td][td]Pending[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Not Afraid"[/td][td]Best Rap Solo Performance[/td][td]Pending[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Airplanes, Part II" with B.o.B & Hayley Williams[/td][td]Best Pop Collaboration With Vocals[/td][td]Pending[/td][/tr][/table]

laugh.gif
@ acting like Em was being overlooked come Grammy time before this...you guys.

Grammys are more about record sales, so I really don't give a $$** about who wins...it definitely isn't about the quality of the content.

Grammys are more about record sales, so I really don't give a $$** about who wins...it definitely isn't about the quality of the content.

Originally Posted by BlueberryMansions7000

Lady gaga and Katey Perry nominated for album of the year? But Janelle Monae released one of the best albums in the last 3/4 years and no nominations. What a joke.
Edit. 

Oh wait. she was nominated for best contemporary R&B album.
eyes.gif

And where is Alicia? 
nerd.gif

Edit Again. 

Lady gaga was nominated last year for album of the year. how she get nominated again when her new album is just the old one with like 6 new songs?
Alicia's CD was trash, bro
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

Janelle should CLEARLY win in her category---but they'll find a way to screw up. They always do.

and this gon' sound crazy, but 'BMF' was one of the biggest rap singles of this year---it should be up there. I heard that way more than 'Fancy'
grin.gif
DEFINITELY need to be over 'About that Time' and How Low?? Really??
indifferent.gif

Don't matter tho, will be a slurpfest for Eminem. 

and Big Boi's album should replace B.OB. in the rap category, that *@%+ was a Pop album, 
WHOLEHEARTEDLY agree.  That was my fav hip hop album this year. Better than Teflan Don, better than 'How I Got Over'.  Album was flawless---no skippable tracks.  Wasn't overshadowed with guest verses. 

Originally Posted by BlueberryMansions7000

Lady gaga and Katey Perry nominated for album of the year? But Janelle Monae released one of the best albums in the last 3/4 years and no nominations. What a joke.
Edit. 

Oh wait. she was nominated for best contemporary R&B album.
eyes.gif

And where is Alicia? 
nerd.gif

Edit Again. 

Lady gaga was nominated last year for album of the year. how she get nominated again when her new album is just the old one with like 6 new songs?
Alicia's CD was trash, bro
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

Janelle should CLEARLY win in her category---but they'll find a way to screw up. They always do.

and this gon' sound crazy, but 'BMF' was one of the biggest rap singles of this year---it should be up there. I heard that way more than 'Fancy'
grin.gif
DEFINITELY need to be over 'About that Time' and How Low?? Really??
indifferent.gif

Don't matter tho, will be a slurpfest for Eminem. 

and Big Boi's album should replace B.OB. in the rap category, that *@%+ was a Pop album, 
WHOLEHEARTEDLY agree.  That was my fav hip hop album this year. Better than Teflan Don, better than 'How I Got Over'.  Album was flawless---no skippable tracks.  Wasn't overshadowed with guest verses. 

Spoiler [+]
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
EXACTLY! Ya'll fools ackin' like Em wasn't gettin' awards THROWN at him soon as he came out the gate. Eff outta here with that.

Spoiler [+]
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
EXACTLY! Ya'll fools ackin' like Em wasn't gettin' awards THROWN at him soon as he came out the gate. Eff outta here with that.

Originally Posted by Napoleon

Spoiler [+]
QFT. Eminem has been getting praise ever since SSLP came out. I can't think of any rap artist who has won that many grammys in the last 10 years, maybe Jay and Kanye. Hell, Em has even won an Oscar for "Lose Yourself." He's been getting the praise from the mainstream awards for ten years

Originally Posted by Napoleon

Spoiler [+]
QFT. Eminem has been getting praise ever since SSLP came out. I can't think of any rap artist who has won that many grammys in the last 10 years, maybe Jay and Kanye. Hell, Em has even won an Oscar for "Lose Yourself." He's been getting the praise from the mainstream awards for ten years

Originally Posted by WhatsLosinLike

Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

Originally Posted by TheKingOfVa

The Grammy's are a joke. No nominations for "Distant Relatives", I should of saw that coming. That was the album of the year

True Story.  This is why I don't watch award shows especially the Grammy's.

Nobody really checks for Nas anymore. Never even knew he had a collab album
But you aren't a member of the Academy. The members should know when an album is releasing (and no, I'm not talking about garbage with only 1000 CDs pressed); Nas is a top 10 hip-hop artist of all time and Marley is known all around the World. And the Grammy's were about more than popularity and record sales, but things have changed now ...

Originally Posted by WhatsLosinLike

Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

Originally Posted by TheKingOfVa

The Grammy's are a joke. No nominations for "Distant Relatives", I should of saw that coming. That was the album of the year

True Story.  This is why I don't watch award shows especially the Grammy's.

Nobody really checks for Nas anymore. Never even knew he had a collab album
But you aren't a member of the Academy. The members should know when an album is releasing (and no, I'm not talking about garbage with only 1000 CDs pressed); Nas is a top 10 hip-hop artist of all time and Marley is known all around the World. And the Grammy's were about more than popularity and record sales, but things have changed now ...

laugh.gif
@ dudes discrediting Em's accolades for his work this year.

He made a complete 180 after Relapse.
smokin.gif

Let's go!

laugh.gif
@ dudes discrediting Em's accolades for his work this year.

He made a complete 180 after Relapse.
smokin.gif

Let's go!

Back
Top Bottom