FUNKO POP! VINYL THREAD (FUNTKO FACTION) STRANGER THINGS HAVE HAPPENED...

Nothing shady about it in my opinion. You're a consumer using a method to make purchases of a specific item. The company isn't a collector being slighted out of anything, they are a big box company getting sales based off the availability of a product. When a company has a guarantee that employees won't hold back product (which I don't care that they do) then we can talk about morality.

I don't know where this product holding fits into anything I'm talking about but on that, I've been told by several GS employees at two of the stores I shop at here that there are policies about nothing is to be held for employees and that it's something they've been trying to stop and haven't been successful in doing so yet. So your guarantee is there, it's just like anything else, some people are willing to do things they're not supposed to. I've also been told that in several FB groups that GS managers are in they have said that they won't accept bulk returns on pops that were bought in large quantities just for the Chases and I think that's smart. Me and my wife are also retail managers and we actually refuse large returns from known resellers. It causes series inventory problems considering what stock we get is based on what we sell, and no doubt GS is the same. Regardless of how you count when they're bought, it causes a surplus because you order x amount and now on top of that you have returns that overfill you and go on clearance losing the store money, or you order less knowing the returns are coming soon which lowers the other pieces you have coming in that may be more desired.

That's a long-winded response and I could go on but honestly it doesn't matter. You're not wrong and neither am I. Regardless of wether or not I agree, I understand your point and respect your opinion.

Yeah but it goes two ways.. one side you have employees that take all the chases and the other side of that some places even charge resell prices for a chase. I went to a comic book shop yesterday that wanted $50 bucks for a chase.. and I'm like bro that's not how this works.. it's not the intent of the company producing them that's not how any of this works. So GameStop or this other retail stores that probably pay $1-$2 dollars for a pop are gonna sell em regardless of us returning them. It doesn't hurt them in any way.

I see what your saying and I agree that it is getting increasingly frustrating with how places are starting to do these Chases. Its actually the complete opposite, it's almost like a reward(?) for hunting and they are just taking advantage of the situation. The only time I feel like it's ok to do that is if they buy it off a person and pay over retail for it. Still a little off in my book, but I understand it. I just say my response to no-one getting hurt is the overstock thing I said above and am too lazy to retype. [emoji]9786[/emoji]

Talked to my girl about the Stranger Things pops last night. She's completely immune to any sticker/chase hype. She didn't like either chase :rofl: Obviously I need both chases cuz I'm a hypebeast, she thought they were wack though. It's crazy what stickers do to us :lol: The regular versions are a lot better for both yet I still need those chase versions.

Last edited:
Talked to my girl about the Stranger Things pops last night. She's completely immune to any sticker/chase hype. She didn't like either chase :rofl: Obviously I need both chases cuz I'm a hypebeast, she thought they were wack though. It's crazy what stickers do to us :lol: The regular versions are a lot better for both yet I still need those chase versions.

Well @hennessy I'll take your ol' lady's chases at retail. Get at the kid, fam.

:nerd:

https://www.popcultcha.com.au/spider-man-scarlet-spider-pop-vinyl-figure-rs.html

38c32461_0E48BA1C-B48F-4F6F-ABC5-9F808ACB48C8-11587-00000776F6ECF261_tmp.png

That outfit is thee best spidey outfit hands down I can't wait to cop!!!

You better you get a SS who don't know about the Lord of The Light, and cop this for you :lol:

For those that participated in secret santa, lemme know what you guys get. I sat this one out to see how it goes so I'm excited for you guys. :smokin

Just boil water. Dip it in for about 60-90secs. Dont let it touch the sides of the pot. Take it out and u should be able to remove the head easilym. Just make sure to place your fingers under the base of the head. So when youre taking it off the neck. The glued part doesnt come off.. also make sure all the water is out of the head. Ive made that mistake too much

just found out recently that funko pop knockoffs are a real thing. Has anyone encountered any? :smh:
Theres a few customizers and a few companies that mass produce them. From what i heard theyre more rejects than knock offs but honestly theyre 10 dollar figures of my fav characters that i just at and display. Fakes wouldnt bother me. No different than a custom. Just make sure u dont pay more than retail and no problem

Yeah they did with that newer sticker

Always funny to me how hype works. So these different Walgreens stickers probably won't make much of a difference in "value" yet the same pops with NYCC sticker as opposed to Toy Tokyo sticker seem to not be "equal"...it's comical to me. Lol

Always funny to me how hype works. So these different Walgreens stickers probably won't make much of a difference in "value" yet the same pops with NYCC sticker as opposed to Toy Tokyo sticker seem to not be "equal"...it's comical to me. Lol
Wait so green ranger is worth different prices based on stickers? :rofl:
Come on people are getting ridiculous now. :smh:
It's the same ****.

I think because a lot of people hate toy tokyo also. Plus nycc tt exclusives are coming from overseas as well so the cost with shipping is more. Theyre not exactly vauled more. Atleast they wont be

Theres a few customizers and a few companies that mass produce them. From what i heard theyre more rejects than knock offs but honestly theyre 10 dollar figures of my fav characters that i just at and display. Fakes wouldnt bother me. No different than a custom. Just make sure u dont pay more than retail and no problem

Grey Market funko's :lol:

Back
Top Bottom