FX' Fargo Sunday 10PM ET : Season 4 Episode 8 "The Nadir" Starring Chris Rock 11/08/20

Calling Liberians wanna be babies is one of the best analogies I’ve ever heard in my life

Lorraine at the end there... ruthless! :smokin

And the golfer husband... what a real piece of work. :smh: :lol:
Yeah, he's absolutely having an affair with his 'physical therapist'...

Last edited:
Calling Liberians wanna be babies is one of the best analogies I’ve ever heard in my life
Doesn’t make sense imo. A baby has absolutely zero freedom. And I don’t believe that Roy would have answered “yes” when Lorraine baited him with “so you want freedom with no responsibility”. I don’t think that’s what he believes about himself. The actress sold the speech and line very well, but it doesn’t hold up to scrutiny.

The baby libertarian comment reminded me of this meme...

CL0Ivr-WoAUYa7t.jpg

Totally makes sense why a young, inexperienced male would be drawn to that fantastical ideology. But when you get older, what's your excuse?

The end of the last episode was some of they most white collar ruthless **** I have seen in on TV

Someone should put ole girl destroying mans whole life to the Ether beat.

Totally makes sense why a young, inexperienced male would be drawn to that fantastical ideology. But when you get older, what's your excuse?
Another one of my favorites ****ting on libertarians...

-Also I think Roy is a great character. Because he will come off as extreme to most people. But I live in a state, and region which has been a hotbed for libertarians. You will find dudes like Roy all over rural America, especially in the Mountain west.

Cliven and Ammon Bundy, libertarians.

Last edited:
Haven’t started this newest season. Just came in here to say, season 1 has been the best for me so far, by a long shot.

Never finished S4.

I’m gonna push through for the sake of S5.

But seems like S4 left everyone with a bad taste in their mouths because I’m not hearing ANY buzz about S5.

Didn’t realize it released.

Part of it is being week to week and then not being on a streaming service. Word of mouth seems slower with cable TV now.

Haven’t started this newest season. Just came in here to say, season 1 has been the best for me so far, by a long shot.

first 2 seasons are some of the greatest tv ever, along with first season of true detective

season 3 wasn’t that great

and even though there were some good performances in season 4,
it was weak and weighed down by other performances

Ready to talk about this episode after having processed it...

Really liked the use of puppets/dolls to tell Dot's violently disturbing story. And I wonder if the 'real' Linda is actually dead.

And it was interesting to see that Gator and Dot were closer when they were younger... hence why she said "shame on you" (or something like that) when she saw him at their house on Halloween. He's a bit of a victim in all of this as well. At the same time, he's a grown-ase man and all the ish he does should be on him.

That bulletin board in the diner kinda felt like a Keyser Söze moment.

And we all knew it was gonna be Roy who shows up at the hospital... but the execution of it and the realization was still scary!

I need to watch that episode again. My first reaction was that it was too out there and kind of a waste of time. We didn't really learn much that we didn't already know about Roy/Nadine/backstory/etc. and overall it felt unnecessarily drawn out and slow. I might be wrong in retrospect though, we shall see.

I think it's pretty clear that the "real" Linda is dead. Otherwise, Roy would still be hunting her too.

It feels like they're setting up a twist (I won't say redemption yet) for Gator. Dot's comment about him wanting to be good has to mean something, and the scenes with him seeing his mother abused by Roy create some sympathy. Its hard to imagine him simply getting killed by Munch at this point, that would be very anti-climatic and too expected.

One thing that isn't clear to me - when exactly did Dot's fantasy begin? Did she fall asleep at the wheel and wreck, making everything at the diner and the truck accident part of the fantasy? Or did she recover and simply fall asleep at the diner, making the fantasy a literal dream, and then end up in the hospital as a result of the (real) truck accident?

One thing that isn't clear to me - when exactly did Dot's fantasy begin? Did she fall asleep at the wheel and wreck, making everything at the diner and the truck accident part of the fantasy? Or did she recover and simply fall asleep at the diner, making the fantasy a literal dream, and then end up in the hospital as a result of the (real) truck accident?
I think she dozed off at the diner... had the Utopia dream... then woke up when her pancakes arrived. We see the bulletin board with the chicken piccata recipe and the doll fair flyer, which was part of her dream. Another odd thing was that she ran out of gas despite having stopped at the truck stop where she, presumably, refilled. Also, there wasn't a road next to the Camp Utopia sign... it was just a sign on the side of the road. That might not really mean anything, but I just found it odd. 🤷‍♂️ When things kinda seem odd, it could indicate that she was dreaming.

Anyway, she ordered her pancakes, dozed off... had her dream... woke up when her pancakes arrived... noticed her SUV in the parking lot (still thinking Linda was there)... goes outside... then gets taken out by that truck accident.

Back
Top Bottom