FX's ATLANTA (Starring Donald Glover) S4 Final episode

Thoroughly enjoyed this show. When the Blu Ray comes out next year, I'll definitely cop. Whether it's streaming or not, this is a show I need to physically own in case some internet apocalypse comes.

Also, I agree with all that see he stepped up as a man. Staying in his storage unit just shows that his come up is going to be well EARNed.

its available on google play. not sure about itunes or amazon.

i got it. albeit with a 50% coupon lol. also guilty of "acquiring" it online right after it airs cause i couldnt wait till the next day.

i'd gladly buy s2 as well.

no one even talking about how they killed that guy 
tired.gif

and neither did they (paperboy darius and earn) 
mean.gif

desensitization is real 
That's why (to me) it was so powerful. He covered so much without even dwelling on it or acting surprised by it. He was trying to get to the pocket, and then the secret pocket. Then on the ride away was like "I'm not even mad about the jacket". At that point we knew he wasn't even mad about the dead man. He didn't say he was only worried about his goods in the pocket and didn't say he was upset at that senseless murder of a minority, because he didn't have to at that point because of the way the scene started (him hungover and worried about his jacket) we knew all he cared about was what was in the jacket and totally desensitized to another murder/statistic.

Very good writing

Edit: Did I read some where s2 episodes are an hour?
im sorry i didnt understand any of what you meant here

why was it so powerful? the lack of reaction?

i meant no one in the thread discussed how tragic / illegal (?) that murder was

Btw, Darius said Nelly's Ride Wit Me was Beyonce's best song. Is therea joke here I'm not getting?

Only thing I can think of is Nelly tried getting with Beyonce before Jay-Z in 2001.

"Back in 2001, rap star Nelly reportedly tried to get Beyonce to be his lady. He revealed his interest in the R&B diva on several occasions in the media. He even appeared on a TRL show during a Destiny’s Child interview to bring her chicken from Popeye’s. Beyonce had previously announced that the restaurant was her favorite place to eat."

Last edited:
Btw, Darius said Nelly's Ride Wit Me was Beyonce's best song. Is therea joke here I'm not getting?

Only thing I can think of is Nelly tried getting with Beyonce before Jay-Z in 2001.

"Back in 2001, rap star Nelly reportedly tried to get Beyonce to be his lady. He revealed his interest in the R&B diva on several occasions in the media. He even appeared on a TRL show during a Destiny’s Child interview to bring her chicken from Popeye’s. Beyonce had previously announced that the restaurant was her favorite place to eat."
Order her a filet told them to butterfly it, she'll love it. She's used to soda and nuggets,

:lol: Should've brought that Popeyes straight from Louisiana.

Nelly ends up with/settles for Ashanti which imo is the upgrade lookswise.

Ashanti is better than Beyonce in every physical place that counts. Especially now.

B is a lot of make up and blonde weave.
nah
Smarten up.

Nelly ends up with/settles for Ashanti which imo is the upgrade lookswise.
nah
Ashanti is better than Beyonce in every physical place that counts. Especially now.

B is a lot of make up and blonde weave.
meh

B is still fly and sexy
Sure but only way I'm choosing B over most females is if I get to spend her money. Looks alone? She been lacking.

Last edited:
Very similar to Master of None in my opinion.

Either way, great show and the season finale was even better.

Yeah. Both are simple but yet brilliant...at least so far.

Can't wait for the 2nd season of both. Gotta keep supporting these type of shows.

Very good close to this season. Was not expecting a drug bust shooting to result from Earn looking for his jacket :lol:

Finale was dope. Did any point in the season we knew about Earn was living in the storage? I thought he was living back and forth between Paper Boi/Darius and Van.

Elevators was the perfect choice. This type of ending you don't wonder what is going to happen next season. You're left with just that feeling of being proud of Earn.

Definitely getting the Blu-Ray as well.

Last edited:
I
Finale was dope. Did any point in the season we knew about Earn was living in the storage? I thought he was living back and forth between Paper Boi/Darius and Van.

Elevators was the perfect choice. This type of ending you don't wonder what is going to happen next season. You're left with just that feeling of being proud of Earn.

Definitely getting the Blu-Ray as well.

Nah this was the first time. They made the season assuming it wouldn't get picked up for another. So while we do wonder what's next, if we never saw another episode most would still be happy the way it ended.

Last edited:
its available on google play. not sure about itunes or amazon.

i got it. albeit with a 50% coupon lol. also guilty of "acquiring" it online right after it airs cause i couldnt wait till the next day.

i'd gladly buy s2 as well.

Thanks again for posting that my g :pimp:

Finally took the time to sit down and watch the finale and I loved it. I agree with the people that mentioned being proud of how Earn embraced taking the longer, harder road of self-sufficiency in favor of moving how he used to move. I think Van telling him that he was a good father probably reaffirmed his drive to stick with it.

:lol: @ his mans asking if it would be weird to shoot his shot if they broke up when he dropped off the storage key.

The wait for season 2 will be hard but Glover has shown me multiple times now that he's really about this art **** so I have little doubt that it'll be worth it however long.

P.S.: Shoutout to the real ___s in here showing that Ashanti appreciation :pimp:

Last edited:
Must be a man thing cuz I don't see why anyone would pick a storage unit over his BM's house if she isn't stressing him about being there.

Must be a man thing cuz I don't see why anyone would pick a storage unit over his BM's house if she isn't stressing him about being there.

It becomes a crutch and you're never able to take chances. Why take chances when you're comfortable? No man has ever been successful from up under a woman's arm.

Last edited:
It becomes a crutch and you're never able to take chances. Why take chances when you're comfortable? No man has ever been successful from up under a woman's arm.

He's already taking chances being Paperboy's manager and not even knowing when he'll get paid for it.

Back
Top Bottom