Ganges is one filthy $%* river - PICS

PRetty sad. Stuff like this in many poverty striken places(look up  rivers and you might catch people actually drinking poop water)

Its so sad.

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

Originally Posted by letsgetit22

and Kayne still be complaining about Katrina...

We in the US don'At give a %+#+ unless it's happening to us...
You can't be serious...Also, you think people around the world gave a *%%* about Katrina?
Exactly my point. It's sad that the human race in general is so factioned off to only care about what affects them immediately.
Yes. With the intelligence of the human species at what it is you can't say that if we focused our attention on more important issues we would not be able to accomplish something amazing.

Originally Posted by letsgetit22

and Kayne still be complaining about Katrina...

We in the US don'At give a %+#+ unless it's happening to us...
You can't be serious...Also, you think people around the world gave a *%%* about Katrina?
Exactly my point. It's sad that the human race in general is so factioned off to only care about what affects them immediately.
Yes. With the intelligence of the human species at what it is you can't say that if we focused our attention on more important issues we would not be able to accomplish something amazing.

Originally Posted by CWrite78

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

Originally Posted by likethematrix

like how do they not die?
Dude gon ask like he aint seen on the bloated corpses in the river skinny dippin tho?

my only guess would be.. their immune systems must be ridiculously strong.

Originally Posted by sbrar8

Originally Posted by Stuntman Mike

these poor guys are gonna be extinct soon 
frown.gif

GangesDolphin.jpg
  OH NO NOT THE FISHYSS!!!   
indifferent.gif

why the stoneface? we need to worry about preserving the life of humans and animals. they are as important to the ecosystem as any other thing.

Thank You. Couldn't have said it any better.

To my dude that threw up the stoneface, you should know that it's mentalities like yours that ultimately lead to environmental situations like the present state of the Ganges river.

You may find this question to be facile, but how would you like it if your immediate environment and area of habitat (where you ate, slept, worked, relaxed etc) were turned into an ecological nightmare?

Just because you're biologically distant from a fish (mammal in this case) on the evolutionary branch, is no reason for you to think any less of them. They're living creatures just like me and you, and tenants in this earth just like me and you. DON'T TREAD ON THEM, as they got every right to a safe and habitable living environment.

Originally Posted by CWrite78

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

Originally Posted by likethematrix

like how do they not die?
Dude gon ask like he aint seen on the bloated corpses in the river skinny dippin tho?

my only guess would be.. their immune systems must be ridiculously strong.

Originally Posted by sbrar8

Originally Posted by Stuntman Mike

these poor guys are gonna be extinct soon 
frown.gif

GangesDolphin.jpg
  OH NO NOT THE FISHYSS!!!   
indifferent.gif

why the stoneface? we need to worry about preserving the life of humans and animals. they are as important to the ecosystem as any other thing.

Thank You. Couldn't have said it any better.

To my dude that threw up the stoneface, you should know that it's mentalities like yours that ultimately lead to environmental situations like the present state of the Ganges river.

You may find this question to be facile, but how would you like it if your immediate environment and area of habitat (where you ate, slept, worked, relaxed etc) were turned into an ecological nightmare?

Just because you're biologically distant from a fish (mammal in this case) on the evolutionary branch, is no reason for you to think any less of them. They're living creatures just like me and you, and tenants in this earth just like me and you. DON'T TREAD ON THEM, as they got every right to a safe and habitable living environment.

Originally Posted by 35KD

sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif
disgusting. @%$$ like this makes it seem as if all Indians are filthy.

India is @*$$+@ up
You sir are entitled to your opinion, but I care to disagree. Maybe I am biased, I am Indian after all, but can a few pictures from a Chinese forum truly allow one to form a well balanced opinion? I would hope not. That is similar to people from around the world seeing pictures from Katrina of black folks struggling to survive and then assuming that all African-Americans in America are in similar positions. Whereas I feel that both in the United States as well as in India the main factor is socio-economic status, and those on the lower end always get it the worse.

Is the Ganges River dirty? Indeed. I have seen it firsthand, and it definitely does not look that bad everywhere, but it does always look worse in the more heavily populated areas. There are numerous grassroots efforts in India that are attempting to clean up the river such as the Swatcha Ganga, but it is a uphill battle. One must consider that India has well over three times the population of the United States with significantly less land to support such an immense population. Combine that with numerous pilgrimage sites located the length of the Ganges as well as it's historical and religious significance, and then one can begin to fully understand why there is so much pollution in the river itself and yet so many still flock to it. Hindus visiting the Ganges is no different than Catholics going to the Vatican or Muslims going on Hajj. Again, I am not denying that the river itself has very dirty and highly polluted areas, but it's not entirely like that.

I have never bathed in the Ganges, but I have in the Bhagirathi River which is the source river for the Ganges. Would I bathe in the Ganges River? I would indeed, in fact I plan on doing so on my next trip back. Will I do so in parts that look as bad as the ones depicted in the pictures on the first page? Of course not. Fortunately for me I have the financial means to travel to areas of the Ganges that are more pristine. Also I am fortunate that my parents decided to move to the United States before I was born so that I would have more educational and economic opportunities than they had growing up.

It is disheartening to see such, but that is reality over there. There are numerous snapshots of India, and this is merely one of them. Should the pictures in this post lead you to think that all of India looks like that? I would hope not, but you are free to form your own opinions.

This post simply reminds me that there many people who are not as fortunate as me, and I make sure to go back and visit as often as possible to make sure I never forget where I came from, dirty/polluted river and all. The trip back is always one full of awe and enjoyment and never ceases to humble me.

Below are a few pics from one of my past trips to India, and they paint a different picture of India altogether. Imagine if you had not seen the pictures on the first page and only seen these. What would you think then? Again, India has much natural beauty, an immense history, and numerous other things to be proud about, but the country also suffers from rampant disparities in wealth and much of the population is suffering due to such. 

Just my $.02, carry on.

sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif

India is @*$$+@ up
You sir are entitled to your opinion, but I care to disagree. Maybe I am biased, I am Indian after all, but can a few pictures from a Chinese forum truly allow one to form a well balanced opinion? I would hope not. That is similar to people from around the world seeing pictures from Katrina of black folks struggling to survive and then assuming that all African-Americans in America are in similar positions. Whereas I feel that both in the United States as well as in India the main factor is socio-economic status, and those on the lower end always get it the worse.

Is the Ganges River dirty? Indeed. I have seen it firsthand, and it definitely does not look that bad everywhere, but it does always look worse in the more heavily populated areas. There are numerous grassroots efforts in India that are attempting to clean up the river such as the Swatcha Ganga, but it is a uphill battle. One must consider that India has well over three times the population of the United States with significantly less land to support such an immense population. Combine that with numerous pilgrimage sites located the length of the Ganges as well as it's historical and religious significance, and then one can begin to fully understand why there is so much pollution in the river itself and yet so many still flock to it. Hindus visiting the Ganges is no different than Catholics going to the Vatican or Muslims going on Hajj. Again, I am not denying that the river itself has very dirty and highly polluted areas, but it's not entirely like that.

I have never bathed in the Ganges, but I have in the Bhagirathi River which is the source river for the Ganges. Would I bathe in the Ganges River? I would indeed, in fact I plan on doing so on my next trip back. Will I do so in parts that look as bad as the ones depicted in the pictures on the first page? Of course not. Fortunately for me I have the financial means to travel to areas of the Ganges that are more pristine. Also I am fortunate that my parents decided to move to the United States before I was born so that I would have more educational and economic opportunities than they had growing up.

It is disheartening to see such, but that is reality over there. There are numerous snapshots of India, and this is merely one of them. Should the pictures in this post lead you to think that all of India looks like that? I would hope not, but you are free to form your own opinions.

This post simply reminds me that there many people who are not as fortunate as me, and I make sure to go back and visit as often as possible to make sure I never forget where I came from, dirty/polluted river and all. The trip back is always one full of awe and enjoyment and never ceases to humble me.

Below are a few pics from one of my past trips to India, and they paint a different picture of India altogether. Imagine if you had not seen the pictures on the first page and only seen these. What would you think then? Again, India has much natural beauty, an immense history, and numerous other things to be proud about, but the country also suffers from rampant disparities in wealth and much of the population is suffering due to such. 

Just my $.02, carry on.

Originally Posted by ComradeSS

sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif

India is @*$$+@ up

Just my $.02, carry on.

son brought the rebuttal to end all rebuttals
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom