Gentry's done it again butchering a classic vol. Jumpman Pro RX

Probably the best team Jordan of all time, and they did this to it. Should have killed this idea, and actually put Zoom back in the shoe. I love my OG retros but they kill my feet.
0P188_1105_right.jpeg
CQ6116_600_P1.jpeg
1P658_0166_right.jpeg

Does anyone recall a jumpman/team shoe from 1999/2000 that used the same jumpman emblem that was on the side of the 14s??

JUMPMANS are not classic.....

I think younger dudes look at them and other team Jordans differently, because their parents might have gotten for them or they saw Eddie Jones.

Team Jordan's were never thought of highly by anyone I knew

I wasn't looking at Eddie Jones and Vin Baker, I was looking at Derek Anderson and Mike Bibby.

Maybe y'all were rich lol. Some early Team J models were valid. Very few though.

As for this.. IDC since they released the Blue and Red colorways I needed. I think the only Team J I still need is the EJ Navy/Maize pair. They haven't had a proper retro yet.

Everyone has their own opinion I guess these were literally going to be the Jordan 12, but MJ didn't like them. so we got the 12s we all know.

images (5).jpeg

IMIO This is by far the best jumpman shoe yet. The OGS though not the retro they took all the zoom out and they feel like bricks when I wear them.
Concur best Jumpman. PERIOD. I had the white and gold my sophmore year in high school. I still remember wearing them the first day of school, black Nike swish pants, one leg pulled up, yellow Boss shirt. I recently picked up another pair on the release as well as a couple new colors. I just wore the white and gold 2 weeks ago.

Concur best Jumpman. PERIOD. I had the white and gold my sophmore year in high school. I still remember wearing them the first day of school, black Nike swish pants, one leg pulled up, yellow Boss shirt. I recently picked up another pair on the release as well as a couple new colors. I just wore the white and gold 2 weeks ago.

I remember after 11s I was always looking for info on new Jordan's. Slam and random shoes store employees were my only source. One day I was in Academy (sporting goods store here, like DSG) and I saw 3 dudes wearing the royal pair. I flipped I thought I missed something. 🤣 I then asked him what they were and he said Jordan 12s. I ran straight to the mall, and saw the blk/gold soon to release as a FA exclusive so when they dropped I was the first person there to get a pair. I was young and I came to find out they were not the 12s like I thought, but loved them anyways. The OGS were so comfy and had a good bounce to them. I now own the retro, but have worn them maybe 3 times they kill my feet. JB messed up that retro.

Thanks, after searching old Eastbay catalogs I think I found the pair I’m thinking of. I believe my father got these for his birthday, around the time I got some black toe 14s for my 6th birthday.

16BACD3D-0F14-4A95-9A79-C6503EAC2989.jpeg

Totally forgot about those, I was thinking these had it on the tongue but I was wrong. Gotta love those old eastbays.

I remember after 11s I was always looking for info on new Jordan's. Slam and random shoes store employees were my only source. One day I was in Academy (sporting goods store here, like DSG) and I saw 3 dudes wearing the royal pair. I flipped I thought I missed something. 🤣 I then asked him what they were and he said Jordan 12s. I ran straight to the mall, and saw the blk/gold soon to release as a FA exclusive so when they dropped I was the first person there to get a pair. I was young and I came to find out they were not the 12s like I thought, but loved them anyways. The OGS were so comfy and had a good bounce to them. I now own the retro, but have worn them maybe 3 times they kill my feet. JB messed up that retro.
I knew they were not 12s but I still wanted them instantly in 97. I seriously thought it was a genuine mix between the 11 and 12 Nike decided to do. Nothing more. The black and red was a pair I could not go without. At that period of time, I never had a pl XI and loved the look of the 12. So these worked. The comfort was crazy nice. I had the black red 12 in 97 also. The pros were way more comfortable in both casual and basketball.

Back
Top Bottom