George Zimmerman Agrees to Celebrity Boxing Match — Will Fight A Black Person

We as HUMANS need to do better than this. C'mon man. Someone needs to tell DMX's dealer to shoot him an extra crack rock to not fight

if X loses I'll have to delete It's Dark and Hell is Hot and Flesh of my Flesh Blood of My Blood off my itunes.

|I

Nah, bruh.

I'm not gonna watch this ****.

If anyhing, I'll catch the highlights or watch a rip of the fight on some platform that I know will not benefit Zimmerman in any way.

I'd only watch it if I were certain that the way in which I were viewing the fight would not lead to any dollars in Zimmerman's pocket whatsoever, and since I cant really deduce that unless i'm on one of those bootleg streaming sports type sites, then i would just opt out of watching it altogether until an illegal copy is available.

This is not some event that's important enough for me to know what happened so I can talk about it the next day.

I'd rather have someone who was willing to give George Zimmerman money tell me what happened and then ask them if it was worth paying that dude to be in the spotlight a little longer.

DMX said he wouldnt fight Zimmerman unless the money Zimmerman is suppose to get goes towards charity

Maybe George will fade into bolivian now.

Who am I kidding....he'll be back in the news within a few months.  Probably for some **** ****.  

Zimmerman probably heard what DMX said he was going to do to him in the squared circle :lol:

Hope he disappears for good.

people are dense if they can't figure out that this was the plan all along. 

1. Get some hype

2. Make some checks strictly off promotions

3. Temporarily pay Zimmermans bills

4. See if anyone will actually come forward to sign on

5. Duck out if they are black

6. Wash, Rinse, Repeat 6 months later

Meh.

I was under the impression that all of Zimmerman's profits were going to charity and he was only going to benefit "publicity" wise.

I wanted to see him get his *** beat.

people are dense if they can't figure out that this was the plan all along. 

1. Get some hype
2. Make some checks strictly off promotions
3. Temporarily pay Zimmermans bills
4. See if anyone will actually come forward to sign on
5. Duck out if they are black
6. Wash, Rinse, Repeat 6 months later
Why didn't you say that before it got cancelled?

if X loses I'll have to delete It's Dark and Hell is Hot and Flesh of my Flesh Blood of My Blood off my itunes.

tired.gif
#CLASSICS

Last edited by a moderator:
If y'all don't know...the promoter is known to fix almost every fight he puts together. There is 0% chance Zimmerman is going to lose. George Zimmerman is making a mockery of the African American community. He's exploiting the fact that he's a known child killer. This honestly makes me feel sick to my stomach. 

From Deadspin : 
The internet is all abuzz about the fact that child killer George Zimmerman has agreed to fight 43-year-old rapper DMX  in a three-round boxing match on March 1. But before we enter into weeks of discussing how horrifying the idea of these people profiting off of Trayvon Martin's dead body is, one thing needs to be made clear: There is next to zero chance that this match will be anything other than a total fraud, a prearranged entertainment.

So far, media coverage of the upcoming fight  seems to be operating under the assumption that the fight will basically be on the up-and-up. That's ridiculous, as the most cursory Googling indicates. The man organizing the fight, Damon Feldman, has staged many "celebrity" boxing matches in the past—you may remember watching Danny Bonaduce fight Jose Canseco back in 2009—and has essentially admitted that the fights are fixed.

In 2010, Feldman was charged by the Pennsylvania Attorney General's office with six counts of fixing bouts and staging fights without a promoter's license. (He subsequently pleaded no contest.) Feldman was asked to comment on the case by Philly.com at the time, and he did little to refute the charges brought against him:
"I classify myself as the WWE of boxing. The bottom line is I give formerly famous people the chance to step in the ring, they're not gonna kill each other. It's 100 percent entertainment," Feldman told us this afternoon, of his fights, which have featured Rodney King, Tanya Harding, Jose Canseco and Willie Aames, to name a few contestants.

"It's similar to sports entertainment that the WWE engages in. That's how Damon's promoted this for as long as I have been associated with him," said Feldman's attorney Bob Bush asked whether Feldman's fights were fixed.
About that Rodney King fight: A Philly Mag  reporter was at that bout while writing a profile of Feldman—who, incidentally, comes off exactly  as you'd suspect—and what he saw didn't look very much like a real fight:
Now they're up in the ring, and there's the bell. Either ex-cop Aouad is a lot more bark than bite, or he's not bringing 100 percent. In the third round, King swivels him with a left hook to the head, then nearly knocks him down. And it's over. King wins by decision. In the ring, he's awarded the Celebrity Boxing Federation heavyweight title belt.
All of this only serves to add another layer of grime to the spectacle. A fair fight at least brings with it the potential for some kind of ****** up catharsis, but watching Zimmerman prance his way through a staged sports entertainment spectacle before walking away with a few extra thousand dollars in his pocket serves no purpose whatsoever. And if DMX is on board with a fixed fight, he deserves to be shamed forever.

[Philly.com  | Philly Mag]

Back
Top Bottom