George Zimmerman Rescues Family From Truck Crash

And as far as other minorities standing behind black people, do you really think that's what the majority of black folks are looking for? laugh.gif

They don't and that's a problem, don't you think?

I'm thinking of the grand scheme of race relations.

And the rioting and looting were very, very minimal. 95% of it was peaceful protest, which is a good thing and our right as American citizens. If your people want to look at the negative coverage of a very small percentage of the protests and form opinions from it, well, that's on you.

It's much bigger than you and I.

The rioting and looting was very minor, look at the way the media presented it though, they didn't make it look that way. If you look deep into this entire case and all that came with it, it wasn't a race issue. It became one, but it's one of those "you can lead a horse to water..." type situations.

Media played a big role in how this trial was perceived by the general public.

Jay taking pics with Sharpton made me look at him differently.
Why? 

laugh.gif
He doesn't like to see black people banding together. 

pics and video of Zimmy saving the family or it didnt happen

testimony from the family in front of a judge saying Zimmy saved them from a car wreck or it didnt happen

Last edited:
165 lbs still a big difference from the his 12 yr old pics where he looked no more than 110 lbs.
I'm not here to argue whatever your beliefs are on the case.

But to say that those pics weren't media manipulation is just crazy.

what pictures are you talking about? the most recent pics everybody saw of this kid was him dead in the grass with his eyes open, he looked tall and skinny, what is the manipulation?

Last edited:
165 lbs still a big difference from the his 12 yr old pics where he looked no more than 110 lbs.
I'm not here to argue whatever your beliefs are on the case.

But to say that those pics weren't media manipulation is just crazy.

what pictures are you talking about? the most recent pics everybody saw of this kid was him dead in the grass with his eyes open, he looked tall and skinny, what is the manipulation?

Didn't you hear? Racism, profiling, prejudice, and inequality don't exist anymore. We live in a colourblind society. You're supposed to blame Trayvon for walking with Skittles, because the guy with a documented prejudice and violent past was completely justified in killing him.

It was Trayvon's fault. :rolleyes

PS: Trayvon's weight after deceased was like 150-something.

We are not remotely past it by any means, saying we are no longer in a "black and white country", doesn't mean we are in a "post-racial" world. We are far from it. The problem with most of these race threads is that they become about black vs. white when in reality NO ONE is standing behind you, NO ONE is supporting you.

I'm glad I was able to grow up in a diverse place, where I've had to deal with different races/ethnicities/cultures. Beat the ethnocentrism out of me.

If you're not black or white, there is no such thing as "getting past the black/white thing", because we were never a part of it. Mexicans, Salvadorians, Domincans, Puerto Ricans we are all different, yet we get clumped together. Koreans, Japanese, Chinese, even Filipinos, they are all different yet unfortunately clumped together. I could go on. All these minorities that are growing, and getting bigger have never been a part of this "black/white thing", and if that is your focus they/we will NEVER stand behind you.

When it came to the Trayvon Martin case, there was very little coverage on major Spanish Networks, until the rioting/looting and protesting on the freeway took place. Guess how it made these folks look to the Latino community?

Think about it. Races/Ethnicities are heavily divided and it's partly due because some people can't get past the "black/white" thing.

Yes, people experience different things, hence why it's polarizing to make everything "black/white".

For the record...

-Never defended Zimmerman
-Don't know why people outside of Florida are calling for justice when this was a case regarding STATE law.
-Wasn't a racial issue until the media fed that to you.
-No one can truly prove that Zimmerman was a racist, but since people can't get past skin tones, that is what it became.
- When Martin and Zimmerman got into their "scuffle", Martin couldn't conduct a background check so there's no way of Martin knowing about Zimmerman's violent past.
-This needs to go away, like yesterday. People can't formulate coherent thoughts when riding the wave of emotion.
- Don't need people destroying my city and causing traffic jams for something that happened in the backward *** state of Florida.
- Stay classy 8)

A few things...

It's easy to say "why can't you get past black/white" when you're not on the losing end of the equation. America has never been just black and white people, Natives were here first, so I'm not sure where that's coming from. There has ALWAYS been a hierarchy system here mainly based on race, and although it has changed some, that's still pretty much true. Yeah, when you're on the winning side you wanna "get past it" or complain we're "being divisive" or "polarizing" everything, but some folk to need realize how things for the other side before we "just forget about it."

The Trayvon case not being racial until the media fed that is complete hogwash. But, if you've never "fit the description" or had to be extra friendly around "them" or use your "professional voice" then you wouldn't know about little black boy walking home, minding his business appearing as a "threat" by this white Hispanic. And I hate how people tried to point out "Oh, he's not white, he's Hispanic" as if that prevents him from stereotyping this young man and ultimately killing him.

And why does this need to "go away"? What's wrong with the dialogue surrounding it? Why can't we discuss the Black Male "thug" image (or his 200 year old grand father, "The Black Brute" - Google that)? Why can't we talk about the Reconstruction Era or Civil Rights or Separate But Equal? Why can't we talk about the CIA introducing crack into Black communities (a plan that was meant to be deployed in Russia to destabilize it's economy and community)? Why can't we talk about COINTELPRO and the FBI's operations against the Black Panthers and Civil Rights leaders? Why can't we discuss the LARGE disparity in Blacks in prison despite there being no large disparity in crimes committed or drug use between whites and blacks?

Sorry, let me stop making things black and white....

But why do we need to make these things "go away"? Let's talk about it.

We are not remotely past it by any means, saying we are no longer in a "black and white country", doesn't mean we are in a "post-racial" world. We are far from it. The problem with most of these race threads is that they become about black vs. white when in reality NO ONE is standing behind you, NO ONE is supporting you.

I'm glad I was able to grow up in a diverse place, where I've had to deal with different races/ethnicities/cultures. Beat the ethnocentrism out of me.

If you're not black or white, there is no such thing as "getting past the black/white thing", because we were never a part of it. Mexicans, Salvadorians, Domincans, Puerto Ricans we are all different, yet we get clumped together. Koreans, Japanese, Chinese, even Filipinos, they are all different yet unfortunately clumped together. I could go on. All these minorities that are growing, and getting bigger have never been a part of this "black/white thing", and if that is your focus they/we will NEVER stand behind you.

When it came to the Trayvon Martin case, there was very little coverage on major Spanish Networks, until the rioting/looting and protesting on the freeway took place. Guess how it made these folks look to the Latino community?

Think about it. Races/Ethnicities are heavily divided and it's partly due because some people can't get past the "black/white" thing.

Yes, people experience different things, hence why it's polarizing to make everything "black/white".

For the record...

-Never defended Zimmerman
-Don't know why people outside of Florida are calling for justice when this was a case regarding STATE law.
-Wasn't a racial issue until the media fed that to you.
-No one can truly prove that Zimmerman was a racist, but since people can't get past skin tones, that is what it became.
- When Martin and Zimmerman got into their "scuffle", Martin couldn't conduct a background check so there's no way of Martin knowing about Zimmerman's violent past.
-This needs to go away, like yesterday. People can't formulate coherent thoughts when riding the wave of emotion.
- Don't need people destroying my city and causing traffic jams for something that happened in the backward *** state of Florida.
- Stay classy
glasses.gif
A few things...

It's easy to say "why can't you get past black/white" when you're not on the losing end of the equation. America has never been just black and white people, Natives were here first, so I'm not sure where that's coming from. There has ALWAYS been a hierarchy system here mainly based on race, and although it has changed some, that's still pretty much true. Yeah, when you're on the winning side you wanna "get past it" or complain we're "being divisive" or "polarizing" everything, but some folk to need realize how things for the other side before we "just forget about it."

The Trayvon case not being racial until the media fed that is complete hogwash. But, if you've never "fit the description" or had to be extra friendly around "them" or use your "professional voice" then you wouldn't know about little black boy walking home, minding his business appearing as a "threat" by this white Hispanic. And I hate how people tried to point out "Oh, he's not white, he's Hispanic" as if that prevents him from stereotyping this young man and ultimately killing him.

And why does this need to "go away"? What's wrong with the dialogue surrounding it? Why can't we discuss the Black Male "thug" image (or his 200 year old grand father, "The Black Brute" - Google that)? Why can't we talk about the Reconstruction Era or Civil Rights or Separate But Equal? Why can't we talk about the CIA introducing crack into Black communities (a plan that was meant to be deployed in Russia to destabilize it's economy and community)? Why can't we talk about COINTELPRO and the FBI's operations against the Black Panthers and Civil Rights leaders? Why can't we discuss the LARGE disparity in Blacks in prison despite there being no large disparity in crimes committed or drug use between whites and blacks?

If I could rep you 10x I would.

This is basically what I was getting at, although you put it much more eloquently.  Thank you.  

A few things...

repped up

View media item 508513
Ya'll need to get the black and white thing :lol: While I applaud the post, and it's well written, it is selective with facts and is clearly one sided. Losing side of the equation? :lol: Lost me at that. Let me know if you truly want to "talk about it".

All these minorities that are growing, and getting bigger have never been a part of this "black/white thing", and if that is your focus they/we will NEVER stand behind you.

Last edited:
Its cool when the ******* on USC score them touchdowns though right?

Like I said, he's your hero. Did what you 20 to an apartment ************* do on a daily basis in LA.

Last edited:
So I'm racist because I'm trying to point out that racial issues go beyond "black and white"? How dense are you? :lol:

Solid use of the N-word, :smh:

yeah because being profiled has nothing to do with race... and I have a beach house in Kansas

Not even what this is about, but ok. :lol:

Did you know that black people aren't the only ones that are profiled by police/feds? What!

Race relations will never improve until you open your eyes and see that it is beyond a "black/white" thing. You guys want to have a contest or equation to see who is the biggest loser in this contest no one voluntarily chooses to be part of, go ahead. Keep your head in the sand.

Last edited:
So I'm racist because I'm trying to point out that racial issues go beyond "black and white"? How dense are you? :lol:

Solid use of the N-word, :smh:
Not even what this is about, but ok. :lol:

Did you know that black people aren't the only ones that are profiled by police/feds? What!

Race relations will never improve until you open your eyes and see that it is beyond a "black/white" thing. You guys want to have a contest or equation to see who is the biggest loser in this contest no one voluntarily chooses to be part of, go ahead. Keep your head in the sand.

you said the case wasn't about "race" when clearly "race" played a big part in it. Had Trayvon Martin been a white kid walking home that night would he have been followed and ultimately killed? Zimmerman is not a police officer, or fed, so what does that have to do with it... yet he had a extensive history of calling 911 to report "suspicious" looking black people. ****...

You guys gotta learn to pick and choose your arguments.

If someone is naive/ignorant/trolling hard enough to say we live in a post-racial society/race is a manufactured issue/race played no part in the stalking and killing of an unarmed youth, they aren't worth the words you're wasting on them.

I'm as black as I am white, if that matters.

You guys gotta learn to pick and choose your arguments.
If someone is naive/ignorant/trolling hard enough to say we live in a post-racial society/race is a manufactured issue/race played no part in the stalking and killing of an unarmed youth, they aren't worth the words you're wasting on them.

Back
Top Bottom