GET OUT -- New horror film about black man meeting white gf's parents. Looks creepy.

Lol Rel Howrey (TSA Dude) been grinding on the stand up scene for over 10 years. Glad to see him finally get a break. His career is probably on the up from here.

Used see him at the Improv theatres regularly. Was also on Bad Boys of Comedy and the Def Comedy Jam reboot. Nice seeing him when I did because his ticket and venue status gone be on the rise now.

Check out some of his stuff on YouTube. Definitely a funny cat!

Last edited:
:wow: did not even think of that.

The thing is the family and friends knew of the "business." The town they where from wasn't involved as a whole. So they didn't have the juice to get away with what they were doing. At least that's what it seemed like.

Peele said that he wants to stay in the Horror genre using social commentary for his next projects.

He said he has four scripts right now that he's mulling over ... Should be interesting. 

He actually left the door open for a sequel to this movie. No closure on the dude from Brooklyn and that town was full of creepy folks altogether.

Also out of the scripts I wouldn't doubt if one of them is a twisted spin on police brutality as if it needed to be any more twisted.

I think what everyone is appreciating about Get Out is how Peele took a situation of anxiety common to a lot of minorities and made it into a bizarre scenario capable of freaking out a demographic who that is usually not into the horror/thriller genre.

Peele said that he wants to stay in the Horror genre using social commentary for his next projects.

He said he has four scripts right now that he's mulling over ... Should be interesting. 

He actually left the door open for a sequel to this movie. No closure on the dude from Brooklyn and that town was full of creepy folks altogether.

Also out of the scripts I wouldn't doubt if one of them is a twisted spin on police brutality as if it needed to be any more twisted.

I think what everyone is appreciating about Get Out is how Peele took a situation of anxiety common to a lot of minorities and made it into a bizarre scenario capable of freaking out a demographic who that is usually not into the horror/thriller genre.

The fact that it's mildy plausible is what makes it scarier than zombies, and vampires and **** :lol:

haer1unld8iy.jpg

The fact that it's mildy plausible is what makes it scarier than zombies, and vampires and **** :lol:

Pretty much. I've explained to numerous friends that the only really out there bit of this is Rose's family transplanting white people into African Americans. Beyond that, everything in this film is a spin on something real that could happen to you any day of the week.

Was very impressed with this film. The undertones, the suspense, the comedy being few and far in between, etc.

Also the ending of the movie picking out the cotton for his freedom.

The undertones were endless.

This all happened cause grandpa lost to jesse owens lol

This explains why grandpa was running the way he was in black dudes body

As for spoilers, why are folks still coming in this thread after release weekend if you haven't seen the movie yet? What other informantion could you be looking for in here that wouldn't spoil it for you?

I assumed they only did that when a new person was around.

That's why Rose was surprised her mom spoke to Georgina like that.
I'm still wondering if Rose was dating Georgina or if it was just her friend.
I think actually that's what they wanted to do. Most grand parents want to cook and clean and serve their kids and grandkids. And Granddad out there choppin' wood, raking leaves, and doing all that manual labor was him enjoying a youthful body.
So I'm gonna assume Rose, the gf, didn't want the cop seeing her bfs ID because she knew he'd recognize him when he was reported missing?
Man y'all catching all types of deep points smh great point
This all happened cause grandpa lost to jesse owens lol
Hate runs deep lol

I felt so much stuff in common with Chris. Never dated a white chick but how he responded to the awkward moments was like looking in a mirror

I saw it Saturday night. This is a HORROR film in every sense of the word. I had lost quite a bit of faith in the genre until this trailer first released. Being in an interracial marriage, the tension this movie set off from the first frame immediately played with my psyche lol. Meeting the family wasn't nearly as weird as this, but the awkward vibes were all too familiar. This is definitely a movie you have to see more than once.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom