Girl is not sure why NYC let her graduate HS....

Robots are just gonna read and write for us in the future anyways
and then humans will communicate through senses we've lost througout the millenium 
nerd.gif

This is what's wrong with our education system. High school is too easy. It's honestly more difficult for students to fail than to graduate. Decades ago, you only graduated if you were going on to college to do big things. Everybody else got a job out of high school. They "dumbed" down the education our kids receive and the effects are showing. I'll be the first to tell you, I shouldn't have graduated high school just off the fact that I slept through half of it. It was so easy I was able to still get decent grades.

Another thing that angers me is how it has so much to do with profit for the school. My senior year they were doing this thing where if you were late they locked you out of the class so you had to go to on campus suspension in a cold *** room with all the stoners and the gangbangers. Basically, instead of missing the first two minutes of class, you missed the whole class. I don't know if you guys know this, but the school gets money for you being in class, which is why they sent you to on campus suspension so they could still get money for you. I said screw this and would go to my truck and grab something to eat or listen to music. The assistant principal who was in charge of discipline spoke to me about being a truant and I told him how they could do what they want, but I have a right to an education so I wasn't going to allow them to make me miss my class and have them still get paid for me being there.

You sure showed them.

smh...at everyone and everything in this story.

just one big L all around.

What an idiot. take your diploma, shut up and move on with your life.

Side note my HS did the same thing when I was back in school. They lost money when students failed so they essentially made sure you could not fail.

Glad we're all on the same page to just put our heads down and keep screwing the next generation.

Like @zapatohead408 alluded to, it all comes down to the money. Schools have little incentive to fail kids. First they get money for kids being present, then they get slapped on the wrist for failing too many kids. If we were ok with teachers actually failing kids who deserved it then maybe we could make some progress in education rather than just passing them along and letting kids get more frustrated the further they fall behind.

Back
Top Bottom