Girlfriends birthday approaching and need a Pomeranian!

Her birthday is June 12th and I want to get her a dog. Can any of you help me find her a healthy pup? I'd appreciate that a lot! I'm in the NYC/NJ/CT area. Also, how much am I looking at spending?

Here's an idea. On her birthday, take her out to a dog shelter... tell her "Find one you want, Happy Birthday!"

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

Here's an idea. On her birthday, take her out to a dog shelter... tell her "Find one you want, Happy Birthday!"

that's not a present *shrug*

Originally Posted by 18th letter

so then write "good for one pomeranian" on a piece of paper and wrap it in a bow or something.
laugh.gif
@ a present not being a present because there is no wrapping paper to take off.

You dont give somebody a dog. you have to let them pick one if they want one.

Originally Posted by VeintiSiete

so then write "good for one pomeranian" on a piece of paper and wrap it in a bow or something.
laugh.gif
@ a present not being a present because there is no wrapping paper to take off.

taking someone to pick out a dog isn't a gift b.

thats something big, let them explore around and get the dog they want and not pressure them into getting something from 1 specific place.

Are you sure she wants a dog and can handle the cost and responsibility?

No doubt, it would be a great surprise. But don't get her one unless you're certain she will take care of it... and if she can't, you'll be able to.

Originally Posted by VeintiSiete

roll.gif

Pomeranians are $$$ Especially the mini ones that girls love to have. I have one of them. I adopted her from a friend who bought the dog and had her for a month in college only to realize that it's not a toy, and you actually have to take care of it.

If you're serious, make sure you get the Pom from a reputable breeder. AKC Certified is great but it's $$$

How old is she? Do the two of you even have time to take care of a dog? Cleaning, watching after it, walking, feeding, cleaning up after it, taking to to the vet to get shots? Just get her a watch or some jewelery instead. Trust me on this one my room mates got a dog and it ended up being a bad decision.

Originally Posted by Zero 0123

Pomeranians are $$$ Especially the mini ones that girls love to have. I have one of them. I adopted her from a friend who bought the dog and had her for a month in college only to realize that it's not a toy, and you actually have to take care of it.

If you're serious, make sure you get the Pom from a reputable breeder. AKC Certified is great but it's $$$

Like I said OP... take her to several different shelters and adopt one!

Dog shelter, if she gives you lip tell her she is a horrible human being for letting those dogs live like that.

Worst present ever. Any animal is. The person it is for should be there to make the decision that they want the puppy (a decade or more commitment) and should be able to handle it. Does she go to school/work? Can she afford the vet trips, food, toys, incidentals (emergencies)? If she really wants one, get her a stuffed animal Pom that represents you two both going into the dog hunting experience together.

And while you're at it, make sure this chick is one you want a long connection with too. I almost got a Corgi pup with my ex and I know I would not be okay with leaving dude behind when we broke up.

You're gonna need $1000 to get one that is legit w/ papers and healthy and not from a puppy mill.   Most places now require previous ownership and recommendations.  Good Luck.Don't listen to the people who say a dog is the worst present ever......it might be the best.   
Although if you are under 25, live in an apartment, don't have a place where the dog can be outside, then you might want to think about something else.   

Spoiler [+]
PICS?
Spoiler [+]
...of said girlfriend.

Back
Top Bottom