Give me one excellent reason why DNA testing isn't standard at birth.

Mama's baby, papa's maybe. Been like that since pimpin been pimpin. If a dude chooses to raise or support a child that might no be his that's on him. IMO anytime a man is brought to court and forced to pay child support, testing should be mandatory. At birth, it should be an option if the mother OR father request it.  

Completely agree.

Even if the tests got cheaper, I still see it as a MEDICALLY irrelevant thing. The other tests at least have something to do with the wellbeing of the child. 

Also...I don't think people are aware how the tests are done. There are still better markers that can be implemented to find out with distinct accuracy but they're more expensive. 

Even further, the test doesn't tell you anything. OK. We know who the parents are. Then what? Whats the prescription for that? Do you force them to separate? Does that account for those who already know who the real parents are? 

I mean peep this. In Tennessee this guy wants to force a bill for mandatory testing http://beat-box.com/?url=http://www...ore-birth-certificates-issued?redirected=true

It costs $7 to get a birth certificate but would add $165 dollars to a cost that even with numbers used in this thread ~70%+ of people don't need. 

Then again, you don't want to be like this guy 
grin.gif
:

I get it. $165 is less than the estimated 250K over 18 years it takes to raise a kid...but do you want to be FORCED to take that test? Is it THAT serious?

I don't see why we should legislate against personal stupidity. You gotta do better than that if you're letting your girl run game on you. 

Then again, that introduces the argument that we already have similar legislation against personal irresponsibility so my whole point is that MEDICALLY it doesn't offer any benefit. 
it doesnt equate to medical/physical damage but... emotionally/mentally it does... just look at the adverse effects in our society... alot of it indirectly could have all been avoided with a paternity test...ppl seem to overlook this esp the law govt.... those effects arent even in the discussion in terms of paternity etc... and the life/well being of a child

Mama's baby, papa's maybe. Been like that since pimpin been pimpin. If a dude chooses to raise or support a child that might no be his that's on him. IMO anytime a man is brought to court and forced to pay child support, testing should be mandatory.  At birth, it should be an option if the mother OR father request it.  
See, i'm with this...but it wouldn't catch everyone dealing with this issue because you'd be assuming that if people were staying together that you'd have the genetic parents. People who separate and are seeking child support aren't really concerned about who the father is at that point. 

Completely agree.

Even if the tests got cheaper, I still see it as a MEDICALLY irrelevant thing. The other tests at least have something to do with the wellbeing of the child. 

Also...I don't think people are aware how the tests are done. There are still better markers that can be implemented to find out with distinct accuracy but they're more expensive. 

Even further, the test doesn't tell you anything. OK. We know who the parents are. Then what? Whats the prescription for that? Do you force them to separate? Does that account for those who already know who the real parents are? 

I mean peep this. In Tennessee this guy wants to force a bill for mandatory testing http://beat-box.com/?url=http://www...ore-birth-certificates-issued?redirected=true

It costs $7 to get a birth certificate but would add $165 dollars to a cost that even with numbers used in this thread ~70%+ of people don't need. 

Then again, you don't want to be like this guy 
grin.gif
:

I get it. $165 is less than the estimated 250K over 18 years it takes to raise a kid...but do you want to be FORCED to take that test? Is it THAT serious?

I don't see why we should legislate against personal stupidity. You gotta do better than that if you're letting your girl run game on you. 

Then again, that introduces the argument that we already have similar legislation against personal irresponsibility so my whole point is that MEDICALLY it doesn't offer any benefit. 
it doesnt equate to medical/physical damage but... emotionally/mentally it does... just look at the adverse effects in our society... alot of it indirectly could have all been avoided with a paternity test...ppl seem to overlook this esp the law govt.... those effects arent even in the discussion in terms of paternity etc... and the life/well being of a child
Oh well. 

Leave it to the courts and the legal system, not hospitals. They're already strapped for time. I don't see why they need to spend more effort policing families. 

Hospitals are for medicine and education relating to that.

What you're talking about is more or less a social issue. The well-being of a child in terms of THAT CHILD'S HEALTH is less directly affected by spending resources to find out who the father is. Thats a socioeconomic relationship. 

Finding out the child's propensity towards Huntington's Disease is more relevant to the life of the child than knowing what 70% of families already know. 

Last edited:
Mandatory DNA testing at birth?

More borken homes/ relationships

More fatherless children

More mothers raising children alone

More men paying child support

:x

I see what you're saying op but if you need to have a DNA test then you probably shouldn't be with a partner that you feel might have cheated on you. Having a child is a huge step in a relationship and I wouldn't put myself in a situation where there is doubt about who my girl is sleeping with.

OP must have been raising some other ****** baby for the past 3 years and just found out......

Heh. Never in my life, sir. I require proof and verifications before I commit my life to anything...it's why I didn't last too long in Catholic school. Just thought I'd let NT see the numbers, talk it over, and maybe answer my question.

I will admit there's no legitimate physically medical reason for it, but the mental and emotional aspects (and potential effects) of it should at least be enough to open the discussion, and hopefully some eyes.

I also get that there are those who it's irrelevant to, so maybe it should be the father's right to refuse it, if present obviously.

I just think that getting it out of the way early ends any possible discussion of it at any point ever. In my opinion, it's a policy reflective of the times in which we live.

More fatherless children
:x

1) Whose fault is that?

2) I'd argue there'd be slightly less...the ones that would justifiably walk away (y'know, cuz it's not their problem) would be counterbalanced by those fathers factually identified and either more involved because of the knowledge or forced to pay child support anyway because it's their kid.

3) See #1.

4) That's kinda the least you owe a kid you made. I mean, it IS your kid at that point.

Last edited:
cant u order one of those paternity kits in the mail, swab the kids cheek with a cotton swab and then urself with another one and send it in?

scared to death to knock up some broad and if i ever do it WILL be on accident so i WILL be shelling out the necessary money if im in this situation. 

I think if it's requested it should be done as part of the testing they already do on the baby at birth. Blood is drawn for PKU, MCADD, Sickle cell disease, thyroid deficiency (varies state to state). Charge it to the health insurance as a basic test. IMO.

Exactly what are the statistics on men raising children when they're not biologically the parent and do not know that until they find out later?

I know it's used a lot in stories and actual situations will be posted about when it's news but in the states how prevalent is this? I know the courts screw them if they sign the birth certificate but are there other ways to screw these men over?

As for the OP, you'll get no reasons from me. I'll be having mandatory DNA tests for every child I allegedly fathered or accused of fathering.

More fatherless children
sick.gif
actually it would be better.... cant get any worse... ppl are really suggesting to do the same thing... aka keep doing how we doing... well apparently it isnt working... How can u make things better by keep doing what you do and it gradually gets worse?

I think if it's requested it should be done as part of the testing they already do on the baby at birth. Blood is drawn for PKU, MCADD, Sickle cell disease, thyroid deficiency (varies state to state). Charge it to the health insurance as a basic test. IMO.
u can just swab test... and hell they are doing driveby dna testing now....

DNA testing? I'd rather spend money on sex education. empower people to prevent unwanted births / empower people to have kids when they want / when they're ready. promote condom use, birth control, etc

DNA testing? I'd rather spend money on sex education. empower people to prevent unwanted births / empower people to have kids when they want / when they're ready. promote condom use, birth control, etc
See this I'm for.

I mean people don't really get it and it still sad.

I'm willing to bet an infinite amount of money that areas that don't have preventative and educational measures like this would also be spending more on paternity cases. 

Besides all of the good reasons, give me one good reason.

Gee, that's fair.

Exactly what are the statistics on men raising children when they're not biologically the parent and do not know that until they find out later?
I know it's used a lot in stories and actual situations will be posted about when it's news but in the states how prevalent is this?
I've read the figure is about 10% of American Men (but I'm guessing it's higher since alot of people don't get tested)

I've read that this phenomenon is actually an evolutionary strategy. Since an Alpha Male type dude (with Top Notch Genetics) isn't likely to be Monogamous, or share his resources with just one Woman, Women get pregnant by the Alpha, and seek a "Beta Male" type dude (a Chump) to raise the offspring. Apparently, they will even carefully time their ovulation to facilitate this process.

The results are, she has a Kid with the Alpha Genetics, with the hope her Son will grow up to be a Athlete/Thug/Entrepreneur.

I've read the figure is about 10% of American Men (but I'm guessing it's higher since alot of people don't get tested)
I've read that this phenomenon is actually an evolutionary strategy. Since an Alpha Male type dude (with Top Notch Genetics) isn't likely to be Monogamous, or share his resources with just one Woman, Women get pregnant by the Alpha, and seek a "Beta Male" type dude (a Chump) to raise the offspring. Apparently, they will even carefully time their ovulation to facilitate this process.
The results are, she has a Kid with the Alpha Genetics, with the hope her Son will grow up to be a Athlete/Thug/Entrepreneur.
damn 31 million L's being taken? killing myself. 

Back
Top Bottom