GLobal Sidekick outage today : (

How much are you guys' SK bills?

Mine is like $76 ... myFaves300 (39.99) and Sidekick Data Plan ...

For some reason, I see people with cheaper SK data plans ... how is that possible?

Originally Posted by King NJC

For some reason, I see people with cheaper SK data plans ... how is that possible?
We/They have the OG Sidekick Data plan from when it was only $19.99 a month.

WTH. I've had my Sidekick data plan since Aug. 08 ... anyway I can call in to get it changed?

WTH. I've had my Sidekick data plan since Aug. 08 ... anyway I can call in to get it changed?
I don't think so.
eyes.gif

[h2][/h2]
[h2]Microsoft recovers 'most, if not all' Sidekick customer data

[/h2]
by Vladislav Savov posted Oct 15th 2009 at 4:45AM

Steve Ballmer must have busted out his secret stash of magic dust, as Microsoft has just come out with the announcement that it has recovered "most, if not all, customer data" that was lost during the recent Sidekick debacle. Following the wildly embarassing fiasco attributed to a "system failure that created data loss in the core database and the back-up," T-Mobile and Redmond have "rebuilt the system component by component" and now promise to restore data to affected users in the most expedient fashion possible. Guess that means you won't be getting $100 from T-Mobile for losing your Tetris high scores.

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2009/10/15/microsoft-recovers-most-if-not-all-sidekick-customer-customer/

Could it be truuuuuue!??!
eek.gif

Originally Posted by CharlieContacto

yep,

and blackberry users
grin.gif
if ya on t-mobile NONE of da blackberries offeredcan mess wit da 2009 lx, stop it.

ninjahood, ive had an LX and i would take an BB over an sk anyday. its just a personal preference.
i bet it wasn't da 2009 LX

Microsoft Confirms Data Recovery for Sidekick Users

Data Restoration to Begin as Soon as Possible for Affected Customers

Dear T-Mobile Sidekick customers,

On behalf of Microsoft, I want to apologize for the recent problems with the Sidekick service and give you an update on the steps we have taken to resolvethese problems.

We are pleased to report that we have recovered most, if not all, customer data for those Sidekick customers whose data was affected by the recent outage. Weplan to begin restoring users' personal data as soon as possible, starting with personal contacts, after we have validated the data and our restorationplan. We will then continue to work around the clock to restore data to all affected users, including calendar, notes, tasks, photographs and high scores, asquickly as possible.

We now believe that data loss affected a minority of Sidekick users. If your Sidekick account was among those affected, please continue to log into theseforums for the latest updates about when data restoration will begin, and any steps you may need to take. We will work with T-Mobile to post the next update ondata restoration timing no later than Saturday.

We have determined that the outage was caused by a system failure that created data loss in the core database and the back-up. We rebuilt the system componentby component, recovering data along the way. This careful process has taken a significant amount of time, but was necessary to preserve the integrity of thedata.

We will continue working closely with T-Mobile to restore user data as quickly as possible. We are eager to deliver the level of reliable service that ourincredibly loyal customers have become accustomed to, and we are taking immediate steps to help ensure this does not happen again. Specifically, we have madechanges to improve the overall stability of the Sidekick Service and initiated a more resilient backup process to ensure that the integrity of our databasebackups is maintained.

Once again, we apologize for this situation and the inconvenience that it has created. Please know that we are working all-out to resolve this situation andrestore the reliability of the service.
Sincerely,
Roz Ho
Corporate Vice President
Premium Mobile Experiences, Microsoft Corporation

yesssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finallly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wooooooooot wooooooooot!!!!!!!

WE GETTIN OUR DATA BACK!!!!!!!!

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i'd like to see a blackberry recover its data after you lose it
tongue.gif

cloud computing FTW....(and FTL)

Updated: 10/18/2009 5:00 PM PDT

Microsoft Update on Sidekick Data Restoration

The Danger / Microsoft team is continuing to work around the clock on the data restoration process. We apologize that this is taking so long, but we want tomake sure we are doing everything possible to maintain the integrity of your data. We continue to make steady progress, and we hope to be able to beginrestoring personal contacts for affected users this week, with the remainder of the content (photographs, notes, to-do-lists, marketplace data, and highscores) shortly thereafter.

This data restoration effort is only necessary for customers who lost data from their Sidekick devices. We appreciate your ongoing patience.

taking forever :/

im waiting on the bb 9700 so that $100 would be nice. i dont really care about the data i lost anymore.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

yep,

and blackberry users
grin.gif
if ya on t-mobile NONE of da blackberries offered can mess wit da 2009 lx, stop it.

ninjahood, ive had an LX and i would take an BB over an sk anyday. its just a personal preference.
i bet it wasn't da 2009 LX

indifferent.gif

You can stop now.

I have an LX 09 and I much rather have a BB at this point.

So after some days of being lucky I finally lost everything last wednesday. I've been getting prompted to sign in too since the first weekend it started.What's that about?

a27mep.jpg

we are back
pimp.gif
followed the steps online took about 5 minutes
pimp.gif
480 contacts back yesssssss

Originally Posted by MECKS

^ how yu just gonna quote my entire thing and not add anything
laugh.gif

Some of my contacts were incomplete. There would be a name and no number. Did any1 else go through their contacts and notice any gaps?

laugh.gif

Some of my contacts were incomplete. There would be a name and no number. Did any1 else go through their contacts and notice any gaps?

Yea I had the same problem.

Originally Posted by Krazyrodzilla

laugh.gif

Yea I had the same problem.
same, but it was like 5 contacts i didnt really care about. mostly restaurants
laugh.gif
wonder if t-mobile will honor the $100 thing since we lost some of our data...
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom