"GLOBAL WARMING" = FAKE:..... Sea Ice Ends Year at Same Level as 1979

Just more evidence to prove Global Warming is the biggest scam....

I thought all I was hearing was that the global sea ice was ALL going to melt and we were headednowhere but worse..... dooms day.

Yet we revert back to levels from TWENTY NINE years ago???
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

9972_large_daily.gsia.jpg

Thanks to a rapid rebound in recent months, global seaice levels now equal those seen 29 years ago, when the year 1979 also drew to a close.

Ice levels had been tracking lower throughout much of 2008, but rapidly recovered in the last quarter. In fact, the rate of increasefrom September onward is the fastest rate of change on record, either upwards or downwards.

The data is being reported by the University of Illinois's Arctic Climate Research Center, and is derived from satelliteobservations of the Northern and Southern hemisphere polar regions.

Each year, millions of square kilometers of sea ice melt and refreeze. However, the mean ice anomaly -- defined as theseasonally-adjusted difference between the current value and the average from 1979-2000, varies much more slowly. That anomaly now stands at just under zero, avalue identical to one recorded at the end of 1979, the year satellite record-keeping began.

Sea ice is floating and, unlike the massive ice sheets anchored to bedrock in Greenland and Antarctica, doesn't affect oceanlevels. However, due to its transient nature, sea ice responds much faster to changes in temperature or precipitation and is therefore a useful barometer ofchanging conditions.

Earlier this year, predictions were rife that the North Pole could melt entirely in 2008.Instead, the Arctic ice saw a substantial recovery. Bill Chapman, a researcher with the UIUC's Arctic Center, tells DailyTech this was duein part to colder temperatures in the region. Chapman says wind patterns have also been weaker this year. Strong winds can slow ice formation as well asforcing ice into warmer waters where it will melt.

Why were predictions so wrong? Researchers had expected the newer sea ice, which is thinner, to be less resilient and melt easier.Instead, the thinner ice had less snow cover to insulate it from the bitterly cold air, and therefore grew much faster than expected, according to the NationalSnow and Ice Data Center.

In May, concerns over disappearing sea ice led the U.S. to officially list the polar bear athreatened species, over objections from experts who claimed the animal's numbers were increasing.

http://www.dailytech.com/Article.aspx?newsid=13834

Hmmm. Well can you really say that global warming is nonexistent just because the ice level is the same as 79?

even if it wasnt fake, why would it be unnatural for Earth not to undergo some changes. It cant stay the exact same forever.

I was joking, I really don't know enough about global warming to say if it is fake or not

I'm just confused as the next person. To me, both sides are right. Anyone want to elaborate? AddictedToFresh?

A short, sudden increase in ice makes up for years of gradual melting and you think it's going to stay that way?
Are you one of the people who thinks gas is going to stay at $1.50?

As for the topic of global warming: Whether it's real or not, I think everyone can agree that breathing in pollution-induced smog isn't how humansshould live.

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

Originally Posted by Worlds Enemy

Hmmm. Well can you really say that global warming is nonexistent just because the ice level is the same as 79?
umm... yes

ummm.no

what, the entire earth has to be a gigantic water puddle or something
laugh.gif

in nature, it takes a long time for things to occur. Its warming up, not at extreme rates

Originally Posted by Toy Collector123

uggh Republicans -- he probably thinks women don't have rights/

OMG THAT WAS A HILARIOUS JOKE YOU MADE! LOL!!!

I think it's exaggerated, but definitely has an effect on the Planet. In the end it's all science, when we put something in the air that isn'tsupposed to be there naturally, something else is bound to change.

The media really blew this majorly out of proportion though, on some "WE'RE ALL GONNA DROWN" steez.

I don't know why there's dudes who are so hell bent on refusing the changes in our environment. It's like they feel their way of life and freedomsare being restricted or taken away by people who wish to promote a more sustainable existence/lifestyle. Saying something like "GLOBAL WARMING =FAKE" based on this is not only narrow-minded, but also irresponsible.

Originally Posted by OWL TROUTWIG

I don't know why there's dudes who are so hell bent on refusing the changes in our environment. It's like they feel their way of life and freedoms are being restricted or taken away by people who wish to promote a more sustainable existence/lifestyle. Saying something like "GLOBAL WARMING = FAKE" based on this is not only narrow-minded, but also irresponsible.
What do you really expect? It's Tbone.

I believe global warming exists... But that it is natural and man does not contribute to global warming as much as many of my peers believe. I also believethis statistic. Thanks OP.

so because ice levels are the same as 1979 global warming is fake? get that trash outta here.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom