GO TO SEASON THREAD.

Jack may be more important than Landry but its gonna be tough for Warriors to just rely on jump shots when David Lee is on the bench.

what in the **** is this garbage.

brooke lopez a 7 footer who doesn't rebound or defend particularly well.
jason thompson a 4 who doesn't play like one at all.
marcus thornton and john salmons shooters with no conscience and sieves on defense.

COOL MAN.
Spoken like some guys who only watched the Kings when they played the Warriors this year. How'd that go, anyway? Just in case you didn't know, here it is. 1-3 vs. Sacramento. Klay Thompson? 14/5/3.5 on 33% shooting. Salmons was guarding him. No sieve on defense eh? Landry? 9.3/5.3 so he's close to his season numbers. Jason Thompson? 10.5/9.5, not a PF huh? :rolleyes

So, you're telling me you'd rather stick with Bogut who will miss at least half the season again, won't come back 100%, and will allow quick point guards to get their shots in the lane? Because that's just what happened in the Spurs series. Bogut was GOD AWFUL rotating to Parker on screens. He didn't even move two steps towards him to defend. So tell me, what's the difference between that and Brook Lopez? At least Lopez will give you the 19 and 7 every night compared to Bogut's...what? 5 and 7? They make the same amount of money. I don't care what anyone says about Lopez, at least he can play every night. Bogut can't. That is painfully evident. Watch the film again if you don't believe me.

menace what the hell happened to your post count 
laugh.gif

i don't really care about my post count though

View media item 416945

Spoken like some guys who only watched the Kings when they played the Warriors this year. How'd that go, anyway? Just in case you didn't know, here it is. 1-3 vs. Sacramento. Klay Thompson? 14/5/3.5 on 33% shooting. Salmons was guarding him. No sieve on defense eh? Landry? 9.3/5.3 so he's close to his season numbers. Jason Thompson? 10.5/9.5, not a PF huh? :rolleyes

So, you're telling me you'd rather stick with Bogut who will miss at least half the season again, won't come back 100%, and will allow quick point guards to get their shots in the lane? Because that's just what happened in the Spurs series. Bogut was GOD AWFUL rotating to Parker on screens. He didn't even move two steps towards him to defend. So tell me, what's the difference between that and Brook Lopez? At least Lopez will give you the 19 and 7 every night compared to Bogut's...what? 5 and 7? They make the same amount of money. I don't care what anyone says about Lopez, at least he can play every night. Bogut can't. That is painfully evident. Watch the film again if you don't believe me.

so what does Lopez bring when it comes to defending bigs? you're talking about a pick and roll play that the spurs exploited but don't mention the job Bogut did defending their bigs and the shots he changed when he was in position. And do we really need to see this some more?

but you're right, the only games most of us probably watched on the kings was when we played you guys. Klay had awful games against you guys other than maybe that 1 game. But there's still an upside to Klay. While with Salmons, what you see is what you get. Also the 3 ball is a big part of the Warriors offense, Klay made 211 and was 3rd overall, Salmons only made 99. So I'd rather take the whole season into account rather than a handful of games,

I don't get the Kings games in the 925.

All those Kings players in that deal are Trash :lol:

Last edited:
what in the **** is this garbage.

brooke lopez a 7 footer who doesn't rebound or defend particularly well.
jason thompson a 4 who doesn't play like one at all.
marcus thornton and john salmons shooters with no conscience and sieves on defense.

COOL MAN.
Spoken like some guys who only watched the Kings when they played the Warriors this year. How'd that go, anyway? Just in case you didn't know, here it is. 1-3 vs. Sacramento. Klay Thompson? 14/5/3.5 on 33% shooting. Salmons was guarding him. No sieve on defense eh? Landry? 9.3/5.3 so he's close to his season numbers. Jason Thompson? 10.5/9.5, not a PF huh?
eyes.gif

you pointing out that clay has a bad game doesn't mean anything to me. he's a 1 trick pony and he's not even good at that. it's well documented that he doesn't shoot or do anything else particularly well.

landry season avg 10.8/6.0 in 23 mins.

JT season avg 10.9/6.7 in 28 mins... and JT has 2" on landry. JT averages a combined 1.3 BLK+STL and those altogether are NOT PF numbers. 

landry has better FG% and FT% on JT as well. so what is there really to gain from taking on JT?

sorry you wasted a draft pick on JT and want to dump him. it happens. get over it. 

omg omg omg a tall heavy player is beat by a smaller quicker player ??? i've never seen that before!!!!

how do you know bogut won't come back close to 100%? 'cause he has a bad back and has had several freak injuries? 

please. everyone knows what bogut is capable of even at 80% and when he was healthy back on MIL (09-11) he was top 5 center in the league, no question.

jury still out with bogut and his GSW career IMO. he still needs an offseason where he can be a healthy participant in OTA

and yeah okay brooke can score a bunch, rebound some, good %s. that's not what GSW needs. 

so actually it seems like you've spoken like some guy who only watched GSW in the playoffs. 

Last edited:

Bogut who still doesn't look right, and may never, still got 11 rebounds in 25 minutes against the Spurs this series.

View media item 417974

Except rebounding isn't an issue with the warriors anymore like years past. The team had 5 more rebs per game this year mostly without Bogut. The issue is that the warriors only have one low post threat, and he was on one leg the last month.

anyone going down to city hall tomorrow for Warriors Day? Curry will get the Keys to the City even though the move isn't for some time. 11:30am for those who might be interested in going

Kind of weird that they're doing this when they are. Not sure how the turnout will be given that it's a Tuesday morning

Except rebounding isn't an issue with the warriors anymore like years past. The team had 5 more rebs per game this year mostly without Bogut. The issue is that the warriors only have one low post threat, and he was on one leg the last month.
why, 'cause of david lee all of a sudden they're getting empty rebounding numbers and it's a good thing?

roll.gif

laughable, man. please just stop. 

Dwight> Any C we have right now
To me, this is no different than saying the sky is blue.  However, it seems like the overwhelming majority of Warrior fans would rather we not bring Dwight on board (assuming we can make the salary work).  Calling him a team killer and a chemistry killer, which are both laughable.  Dwight was hurt last year.  I'd take my chances on him if we got the chance (although I dont think it really is much of a risk personally).

I personally would trade every single one of the big men we have under contract currently (minus Festus), for Dwight.  Yes, including our third team all-NBA player.  Any or all of Bogut, Biedrins and Lee for Dwight (S&T) and filler.  We would make out like bandits.  I know its not gonna happen, but it sure would be nice.

Curry

Jack

Klay

Harrison

Dwight

Landry
Rush

Draymond

Festus

Then we could try to trade RJeff's expiring contract for more help.  Would be a pretty nice team IMO. 

Dwight> Any C we have right now
To me, this is no different than saying the sky is blue.  However, it seems like the overwhelming majority of Warrior fans would rather we not bring Dwight on board (assuming we can make the salary work).  Calling him a team killer and a chemistry killer, which are both laughable.  Dwight was hurt last year.  I'd take my chances on him if we got the chance (although I dont think it really is much of a risk personally).

I personally would trade every single one of the big men we have under contract currently (minus Festus), for Dwight.  Yes, including our third team all-NBA player.  Any or all of Bogut, Biedrins and Lee for Dwight (S&T) and filler.  We would make out like bandits.  I know its not gonna happen, but it sure would be nice.

Curry
Jack
Klay
Harrison
Dwight

Landry

Rush
Draymond
Festus

Then we could try to trade RJeff's expiring contract for more help.  Would be a pretty nice team IMO. 

No guarantee Jack's coming back.

Now it seems some of those peers might be more inclined to look the Warriors' way this coming offseason. Current Lakers center Dwight Howard, for one, is reported by Mark Medina of the Long Beach Press Telegram as being intrigued by Golden State. Howard is an unrestricted free agent in July, and has given no definitive word on where he will end up. In the case of Golden State, cap concerns prevent them from simply signing Howard, so any scenario in which he ends up with the team would have to involve a sign and trade with Los Angeles. Most speculation seems to focus on a package including the large expiring contract of Andrew Bogut and either Harrison Barnes or Klay Thompson.

:stoneface:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom