GOAT APP legit?

Pictures of shoes? For What reason if they are DS?

I got into a price lowering war for fun with another seller. I had my Chicago lows and had them $5 less. After a few days the other seller decided to undercut me by $5 I kept going back and forth for fun because I got them for nothing basically so. Eventually he stopped but a few days later undercut me again

Because you should have to show them that you have the shoe instock. Without that you can have all type of price manipulation for someone looking to lower the market. I can see maybe allowing for less pictures, but no pictures is no bueno

Ever with pictures someone can do that

I doubt someone who has sold 50-60 times on there would go and play games

You're over thinking it

I've sold 34 or 35 kicks. My rating is 120. Would love to be able to list without taking them out the box and taking pictures

Because half the time sellers have enough points and a rep, where pics arent required.

Huh? Pics are required to list the item though, so why not just make the seller pics visible to buyer? Doesnt matter bout their rep.

For example:

- buying Hares, many people wanted certain colors on the tongue or didnt like colors they got

- recently released 11 lows, many people got 2 different patent leather cuts on their shoes

That could be something one would like to see vs blindly buying. Not everyone cares about those 2 examples but just used it because it was heavily talked about in those threads

:stoneface:

If you're looking at patent cuts and random colors on freaking made in China plastic and rubber shoes then you have issues.

That's why I don't sell elsewhere. I don't have time to play with kids because the patent cut doesn't match up to another pair they see online and think fake and chargeback or file claims

Not all shoes are made the same, especially Jordan's. If you're looking for consistency then please look elsewhere. Not being an ******* but that's the truth.

:stoneface:

If you're looking at patent cuts and random colors on freaking made in China plastic and rubber shoes then you have issues.

That's why I don't sell elsewhere. I don't have time to play with kids because the patent cut doesn't match up to another pair they see online and think fake and chargeback or file claims

Not all shoes are made the same, especially Jordan's. If you're looking for consistency then please look elsewhere. Not being an ******* but that's the truth.

Issues? I for one can let a lot go, but the patent leather cuts on the recent xi lows was bad. It took several pairs to get what I was looking for. The red pair was a pair I was waiting for for over a decade, so yes, I wanted 2 very good pairs. I don't think that means I have issues.

Go to the store and look

Online you order something, it's yours.

Just like when you order from any site, you don't know what you're getting... Are we gonna complain about that too :lol:

You're not buying a quality shoe. You said it yourself the last release the patent was all over the place on a ton of pairs...

Bert. Bert. man youre missing the point. My original post honestly had nothing to do with going in to detail judging cuts and tongues, I just used all that I guess to back it.

My original post was simply if as a seller you got to take the pic to even list it then why as a buyer am i not allowed to look at the pics regardless of theyre DS.

The whole point is GOAT know it's the exact authentic shoe for their reference so you don't get scammed.

If you're into picking pairs, buy off eBay. It's actually really simple :lol:

The way they have it set up is perfect

Yeah i dont see that "exact pair" being the reason. Maybe to just verify you actually have the shoes but exact.

If i got 3 pairs from retailers and take a pic of one and then send out one of the others its not the exact one in the pic but its still authentic w/no flaws ..

Like i said the original had nothing to do with picking through the shoes.

Thats actually really simple to comprehend :wink:

Like I said if you're picky about pairs which is understandable then eBay or some other site is your best bet.

I need to go fishing for psny 12 and see what I pull from the water. Ha!

Yeah i dont see that "exact pair" being the reason. Maybe to just verify you actually have the shoes but exact.

If i got 3 pairs from retailers and take a pic of one and then send out one of the others its not the exact one in the pic but its still authentic w/no flaws ..

Like i said the original had nothing to do with picking through the shoes.

Thats actually really simple to comprehend :wink:

They're virtually similar and legit then whats the problem? There are several outlets where people feel the need to nitpick can go.

Was headed to bed around 1am mountain time and got an email that a shoe sold. Dropped em off this morning will see how quick the turn around is.

Was headed to bed around 1am mountain time and got an email that a shoe sold. Dropped em off this morning will see how quick the turn around is.

It's quick, sold one last week, they receive it in two days, authenticate it, got my money, transfer to my bank in 1 day

My questions of concerns [Because it's happened to me before]:

What does GOAT 'Guarantee' if:

1. The shoe that I received was not of quality/expected. I.e. I bought a shoe that I was watching...I requested for pictures. Seller sends them to me. But seller DID NOT disclose that the picture were old pictures. So what was being shown and what I received were distinctively different. The picture of the shoe was clean, DS/VNDS but when I received it, you can tell it's been worn/used. 

- It would be difficult especially if you buy a used shoe and pictures shoes it clean and nice but upon receiving the shoe it was MORE 'USED' than what was depicted. So I can see it a problem for some in the future for people buying used shoe and it not what was expected.

2. (And hopefully GOAT staff wouldn't deliberately do this, but) What if there were damage (direct/indirectly) through the second hand off from GOAT to Buyer. What are the guarantees if even after passing the authentication, there was damage or the shoe wasn't as expected.... does GOAT allow for refunds/returns? Or what are their guarantees on satisfaction of product?

So I used goat to get a pair of DS flu games the other day and i must say its pretty legit I paid 230 and the shoe is 100% legit ....sadly i got a pair of glu games and I got a crappy pair sent to me.. I mean these should be B grades , the upper is flawless but the glue on the midsole and areas where it goes from red to black is terrible and the part of the midsole that protrudes (between the translucent sole and the lizard skin looking red part -sorry hard to explain lol) almost has some areas that look like smashed in or coming apart or something..so disappointing JB would release these and not consider them b grade .

Anyway I wrote Goat to get a refund and they are going to issue me a full credit towards another shoe which I am cool with (this is their return policy and since it is my first time they aren't going to charge me shipping back to them). So I can see where both of you are coming from where pics shouldn't be needed necessarily but I probably would've passed on this pair if I saw pics

My questions of concerns [Because it's happened to me before]:

What does GOAT 'Guarantee' if:

1. The shoe that I received was not of quality/expected. I.e. I bought a shoe that I was watching...I requested for pictures. Seller sends them to me. But seller DID NOT disclose that the picture were old pictures. So what was being shown and what I received were distinctively different. The picture of the shoe was clean, DS/VNDS but when I received it, you can tell it's been worn/used. 

- It would be difficult especially if you buy a used shoe and pictures shoes it clean and nice but upon receiving the shoe it was MORE 'USED' than what was depicted. So I can see it a problem for some in the future for people buying used shoe and it not what was expected.

2. (And hopefully GOAT staff wouldn't deliberately do this, but) What if there were damage (direct/indirectly) through the second hand off from GOAT to Buyer. What are the guarantees if even after passing the authentication, there was damage or the shoe wasn't as expected.... does GOAT allow for refunds/returns? Or what are their guarantees on satisfaction of product?

Goat matches up the pictures that the seller posted to what's received

And if for any reason, and they check pretty damn good if you read throughout the thread and the shoes appear to have been used/worn they would reject the shoes and send them back to the seller at the sellers cost and the buyer would get refunded.

They pay really close to attention in and around the shoe to make sure the seller isn't sending PADS shoes listed as DS.

The offers are confusing. You will not be notified on an offer because the offer is to anyone who has that sz available. For example this pair of moonrocks has a top offer of $1000. Lowest available is $1220. So let's say you have this shoe and sz and are ok selling it at $1k so you pull them out to do a listing. If you slide the bar to $1k the green bar will say sell now at this price. So you basically just filled a best offer. Henothernoption is if the $1220 seller wanted to sell them he would go edit his listing and change price to $1000.
View media item 2079155
Since this is under the new in box option, I'm assuming it only notifies those with new pairs. If correct, is it possible to send offers to those with "used" pairs listed?

Last edited:

And if for any reason, and they check pretty damn good if you read throughout the thread and the shoes appear to have been used/worn they would reject the shoes and send them back to the seller at the sellers cost and the buyer would get refunded.

They pay really close to attention in and around the shoe to make sure the seller isn't sending PADS shoes listed as DS.
I did read read how meticulous they are with authenticating, which is a good thing..... I guess I'm traumatized since it happened to me. Seeing images of one thing only to receive it in another condition. So what's the policy if the authentication checks out but the buyer is not satisfied under their own physical inspection? I.e. The user above mentioning not liking the tongue on the 7s, example. Or the images seen wasn't clear enough to see flaws and upon getting them, it wasn't of quality that the buyer prefers. GOAT only provides credit? or your just stuck with a shoe? S.O.L?

I did read read how meticulous they are with authenticating, which is a good thing..... I guess I'm traumatized since it happened to me. Seeing images of one thing only to receive it in another condition. So what's the policy if the authentication checks out but the buyer is not satisfied under their own physical inspection? I.e. The user above mentioning not liking the tongue on the 7s, example. Or the images seen wasn't clear enough to see flaws and upon getting them, it wasn't of quality that the buyer prefers. GOAT only provides credit? or your just stuck with a shoe? S.O.L?

I mean, I don't know. But how are you gonna buy a product and be picky because you don't like the print? Or how a certain way the pair was MADE.

Like I said, if that's an issue then just buy from eBay.

I don't know how the return process works and what reasons for return would be. Doubt the seller is affected in anyway, I would just assume if the buyer wanted to return them then GOAT would take them back and sell them.

But they do accept returns from what I saw in FAQ. Not sure guidelines or whatever.

I mean, I don't know. But how are you gonna buy a product and be picky because you don't like the print? Or how a certain way the pair was MADE.

Like I said, if that's an issue then just buy from eBay.

I don't know how the return process works and what reasons for return would be. Doubt the seller is affected in anyway, I would just assume if the buyer wanted to return them then GOAT would take them back and sell them.

But they do accept returns from what I saw in FAQ. Not sure guidelines or whatever.
True. Might have to check GOAT out then. Thanks for the insight everyone. 

Delivered to GOAT yesterday, authenticated today and paid. (3 days)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom