GOAT APP legit?

Long time GOAT seller here (over 250 Feedback) and I'm probably going to stop using GOAT soon. Recently they have been on that BS claiming how new shoes are used, box is too damaged (literally like a few creases in the box). I've gotten as least 3-4 cancelled sales for shoes I bought in store and shipped in the past month or so. Most recently they cancelled an order on Yeezy Cleats that I sold on there for a ridiculous amount. Shoes were in their possession and then they cancelled my order and offered to consign it or sent it back to me for rape. ****. 

What's funny is that I bought a shoe from 2 weeks about and they still haven't authenticated it but I haven't been offered a refund either. Which means half the time their cancellations are probably from buyer's remorse and GOAT is covering it up.

Whoever this Olivia lady is, she needs to chill the f out. Stock X is trash but at least I can sell without all this bs. 

next thing you know they gunna be like "issue: doesn't taste like new". 
mean.gif

Someone else recently mentioned that consignment thing they got going .. i wonder how often they send that email out and how many are higher priced shoes? They charge that daily/monthly fee too $$

Last edited:
Someone else recently mentioned that consignment thing they got going .. i wonder how often they send that email out and how many are higher priced shoes? They charge that daily/monthly fee too $$
Which is complete BS because once you send the shoe you're supposed to be done if it's authentic. They probably have too much money tied up in returns, and they were never really set up to have actual inventory. It was more of a middle man for sales.

I've said all along that they should not take returns. It's an out for most people who either don't have the money for the shoe, or found something they like better. The shoes are new and authentic. If you buy something from NDC or FTL you get what you get and it's possible that another pair may had a better QC than your pair, and if you knew from the get there's no returns there shouldn't be an issue.

I can't wrap my head around how the pair of NYC 1s I got that was missing the paper and stickers was acceptable, but a creased box isn't. Luckily I haven't had an issue, and it's still better than ebay, but once I do I'll probably be done with it too. 

Which is complete BS because once you send the shoe you're supposed to be done if it's authentic. They probably have too much money tied up in returns, and they were never really set up to have actual inventory. It was more of a middle man for sales.

I've said all along that they should not take returns. It's an out for most people who either don't have the money for the shoe, or found something they like better. The shoes are new and authentic. If you buy something from NDC or FTL you get what you get and it's possible that another pair may had a better QC than your pair, and if you knew from the get there's no returns there shouldn't be an issue.

I can't wrap my head around how the pair of NYC 1s I got that was missing the paper and stickers was acceptable, but a creased box isn't. Luckily I haven't had an issue, and it's still better than ebay, but once I do I'll probably be done with it too. 
they really messed up by allowing returns. They want to be customer service friendly but at the end of the day a policy like that will be abused rather than appreciated. I have yet to have any issues with my sneakers but if they ever ask me to discount or consign my sneakers I'd flip out on them.

@snappykevin  are you close to being sent a 1099?

I thought i read somewhere on the app they do not accept returns
yeah I didn't think they did either, but their FAQ says they do. I don't really get it though. so when people make returns goat is just stuck with that returned pair and have to price it for sale themselves? that seems like it could lose them money

like let's say someone sells the new yeezy v2 for $900. goat authenticates, ships them to the buyer, and pays out the seller. prices fall a bit and the buyer sees that he could have gotten a pair for $700 instead. so he returns the pair to goat and gets his money back. now goat essentially paid $900 minus the fees for a pair of shoes that are selling for $700. am I missing something here?

I thought i read somewhere on the app they do not accept returns

yeah I didn't think they did either, but their FAQ says they do. I don't really get it though. so when people make returns goat is just stuck with that returned pair and have to price it for sale themselves? that seems like it could lose them money

like let's say someone sells the new yeezy v2 for $900. goat authenticates, ships them to the buyer, and pays out the seller. prices fall a bit and the buyer sees that he could have gotten a pair for $700 instead. so he returns the pair to goat and gets his money back. now goat essentially paid $900 minus the fees for a pair of shoes that are selling for $700. am I missing something here?

They don't refund your original payment, they give you credit in GOAT as a way to deter you from returning shoes

Wait what?
The IRS requires you to report all taxable income, even if you do not receive a 1099 for a particular payment you received. For example, if you earned less than $600 as an independent contractor, the payer does not have to send you a 1099-MISC, but you still have to report the amount as self-employment income.

I'm saying GOAT requires that off a single sale of $600?

I've sold 40 shoes on there and they haven't sent me anything. I don't think any have been over $550 but the total is def close $9000

600? :rofl: it's probably like paypal. 200 shoes and $20,000 a year. I wouldn't even feel right reporting 600, what would you get taxed? $15? :rofl:

600? :rofl: it's probably like paypal. 200 shoes and $20,000 a year. I wouldn't even feel right reporting 600, what would you get taxed? $15? :rofl:

Some little *** $15 that ain't even worth it

I'll put that in the offering plate at church

Some little *** $15 that ain't even worth it

I'll put that in the offering plate at church
word. If you're reporting that the irs might think you're ******* with them and look into it some more :lol:

i believe the 200/$20,000 is when THEY(paypal) mail you a 1099 but otherwise anything over $600 your technically suppose to report... Now will the IRS try and audit you for selling $800 worth of sneakers ?..... probably not

i believe the 200/$20,000 is when THEY(paypal) mail you a 1099 but otherwise anything over $600 your technically suppose to report... Now will the IRS try and audit you for selling $800 worth of sneakers ?..... probably not
yea someone has a vendetta on your *** if you get audited for 800 :lol:

Back
Top Bottom