GOAT APP legit?

I have to say that i am a little upset with goat. They need to still work out kinks. I bought a pair of kix on there for lets say $300, The very next day the same exact kix were selling for $100 less. Does anyone know how the selling works? lets say 10 people are selling 2012 aj4 og breds ds in size 10.5. Do the sellers like wait on a line as in first one who puts them up for sale is the first one to sell them even if his price is $100 more than the 5th person who listed the same exact kix?. This isnt making sense to me at all?? im sorry if i sound ignorant but i just dont get it. Why wouldnt i just cancel my purchase and by them again for $100 cheaper? Can someone please help me understand this?

I have to say that i am a little upset with goat. They need to still work out kinks. I bought a pair of kix on there for lets say $300, The very next day the same exact kix were selling for $100 less. Does anyone know how the selling works? lets say 10 people are selling 2012 aj4 og breds ds in size 10.5. Do the sellers like wait on a line as in first one who puts them up for sale is the first one to sell them even if his price is $100 more than the 5th person who listed the same exact kix?. This isnt making sense to me at all?? im sorry if i sound ignorant but i just dont get it. Why wouldnt i just cancel my purchase and by them again for $100 cheaper? Can someone please help me understand this?
If 10 people list them, the lowest asking price is what you can buy them for. In your case, you bought them for $300 one day and the next day someone listed a pair for $200.

Lowest available price sells first. it's an open market, like eBay or any retailer that might have a sale. you buying an item that a day later is a lower price is no fault of GOAT's, just how the market moves that particular day.

you'd have to look at GOATs cancellation for buyers to see if it makes sense for you.

Lowest available price sells first. it's an open market, like eBay or any retailer that might have a sale. you buying an item that a day later is a lower price is no fault of GOAT's, just how the market moves that particular day.

you'd have to look at GOATs cancellation for buyers to see if it makes sense for you.

I understand what you guys are saying and yes i am new to goat, but correct me if i am wrong, when your buying new they dont list all the people selling a size lets say 10. They just show one price from size 6-15. So if again 10 people are selling the same exact shoe in the same exact size, only one price is listed out of all 10. Now again i am brand new to goat maybe 2 weeks ive been on there, but please correct me if im wrong. i bought the sneakers and the next day just because i checked them out again and they were listed for $100 cheaper. i hope im explaining this right. I see they will have the same size listed twice if one has damage to box or something to that effect

Last edited:

I understand what you guys are saying and yes i am new to goat, but correct me if i am wrong, when your buying new they dont list all the people selling a size lets say 10. They just show one price from size 6-15. So if again 10 people are selling the same exact shoe in the same exact size, only one price is listed out of all 10. Now again i am brand new to goat maybe 2 weeks ive been on there, but please correct me if im wrong. i bought the sneakers and the next day just because i checked them out again and they were listed for $100 cheaper. i hope im explaining this right.
they only display the lowest price for that size at that specific time. sellers can lower their price to become the lowest price or new sellers can list their item for a lower price, whatever is the lowest price for that size at the moment you're viewing the item, thats the price you can immediately buy at.

I understand what you guys are saying and yes i am new to goat, but correct me if i am wrong, when your buying new they dont list all the people selling a size lets say 10. They just show one price from size 6-15. So if again 10 people are selling the same exact shoe in the same exact size, only one price is listed out of all 10. Now again i am brand new to goat maybe 2 weeks ive been on there, but please correct me if im wrong. i bought the sneakers and the next day just because i checked them out again and they were listed for $100 cheaper. i hope im explaining this right.
10 people list a size 10.

$1000, $900, $800, $700, $600, $500, $400, $300, $200, $100

If you go and look to buy that shoe, the $100 one will show. The order they were listed doesn't matter. All that matters is the lowest price is listed.

After the $100 sells, the $200 will show. If the $300 changes his asking price to $150, he'll then be the low ask and you can buy the pair for $150.

If you case, $300 was the low price the day you bought your pair. The next day someone listed a pair for $200. It was just bad luck on your part that you bought when the low price was $300.

they only display the lowest price for that size at that specific time. sellers can lower their price to become the lowest price or new sellers can list their item for a lower price, whatever is the lowest price for that size at the moment you're viewing the item, thats the price you can immediately buy at.

Ok i kind of understand now, basically i got unlucky and bought a day before a new seller had them $100 cheaper? did i get that right? Again lets say that is the case, why wouldnt i just cancel my order and just order them again for the cheaper price?

10 people list a size 10.

$1000, $900, $800, $700, $600, $500, $400, $300, $200, $100

If you go and look to buy that shoe, the $100 one will show. The order they were listed doesn't matter. All that matters is the lowest price is listed.

After the $100 sells, the $200 will show. If the $300 changes his asking price to $150, he'll then be the low ask and you can buy the pair for $150.

If you case, $300 was the low price the day you bought your pair. The next day someone listed a pair for $200. It was just bad luck on your part that you bought when the low price was $300.

awesome post!!! i totally understand now i was just unlucky. Now whats stopping me from cancelling and reordering. for cheaper price?

awesome post!!! i totally understand now i was just unlucky. Now whats stopping me from cancelling and reordering. for cheaper price?
[h2]Can I cancel my order?[/h2]
You may cancel your order within 3 hours of placing it or before it is confirmed by the seller - whichever comes first. If 3 hours have passed from when you placed the order and/or the seller has confirmed the order, then the order cannot be canceled. If neither have occurred, simply tap the Cancel button on the Orders screen.

Please note: There are no cancellations on offers because it is confirmed by the seller when they accept your offer.

[h2]Can I cancel my order?[/h2]

You may cancel your order within 3 hours of placing it or before it is confirmed by the seller - whichever comes first. If 3 hours have passed from when you placed the order and/or the seller has confirmed the order, then the order cannot be canceled. If neither have occurred, simply tap the Cancel button on the Orders screen.

Please note: There are no cancellations on offers because it is confirmed by the seller when they accept your offer.

well there it is, fk it, u win some and u lose some lol...

ps... Thanks to all of you who helped me understand exactly how goat works!! I absolutely love this site!! so many cool peeps up in here!!!

Thanks again everyone.

ps... Thanks to all of you who helped me understand exactly how goat works!! I absolutely love this site!! so many cool peeps up in here!!!

Thanks again everyone.
Pro tip: If a shoe is listed at $300 and the current high offer is $200, make an offer of $225-$250. When you do that, every person with that shoe in your size will get an email saying the high bid has gone up. At that point the guy at $300 may just accept our offer. Or maybe the guy at $325 is ready to move them so he takes your offer. There's just no reason to ever pay what they are asking.

Thanks again everyone.
Pro tip: If a shoe is listed at $300 and the current high offer is $200, make an offer of $225-$250. When you do that, every person with that shoe in your size will get an email saying the high bid has gone up. At that point the guy at $300 may just accept our offer. Or maybe the guy at $325 is ready to move them so he takes your offer. There's just no reason to ever pay what they are asking.

Thank You for that tip however because i used affirm to pay i dont believe you can make any offers when ur paying with affirm? please correct me if i am wrong?

So everyone agrees that GOAT is legit? I'm looking to buy some 9.5 Kobe 11 FTBs

Last edited:
Thank You for that tip however because i used affirm to pay i dont believe you can make any offers when ur paying with affirm? please correct me if i am wrong?
I've never used Affirm but I don't think that matters. When you click on a shoe, you'll see "buy new" at the bottom left. Click on that, then you'll see a listing of sizes. That's the low low asking price at the moment. At the top right of that screen, you'll see two tabs. It defaults to "buy now." Click over to "offer" and you'll get the sizes and you'll see "top offer" next to each. You can then click on the size and make an offer.

I've never used Affirm but I don't think that matters. When you click on a shoe, you'll see "buy new" at the bottom left. Click on that, then you'll see a listing of sizes. That's the low low asking price at the moment. At the top right of that screen, you'll see two tabs. It defaults to "buy now." Click over to "offer" and you'll get the sizes and you'll see "top offer" next to each. You can then click on the size and make an offer.

Yea, u cant make offers if ur gonna pay with affirm i just tried messing around with it

They said I can't cash out from goat credit refund. Looks like my money is stuck as goat credit. This really sucks. But I was looking to cash out my other funds to my bank account but it still say there's a fee for doing it. I guess who ever didn't get the free deposit email still have to get the fee taken out.

I feel it should be that you have three BUSINESS days until shipping. Saturday and Sunday shouldn't be counted as business days at all.

GOAT doesn't seem to want to recognize shipping delays that occur around Holiday weekends. 
With regards to holiday weekends, I've argued with them 3-4 times over drop off delays. They honestly don't give a **** and count the holiday as one of your 3 days even though UPS and USPS are both closed. Instead of offering the extra day, they go on to tell me that I should have shipped Saturday even if I confirmed the order on Friday evening after UPS/USPS were both closed. Things come up and most people are busy on holiday weekends so shipping Saturday isn't always an option. Normally, I end up just printing the label and confirming the package is dropped off to allow myself that extra 24 hours before GOAT actually cancels my sale. 

Interestingly enough, I've had situations where I totally forgot to ship a shoe and past the 72 hour window but GOAT didn't cancel my order so got an extra day or two. Although, that specific situation is fairly rare. Just speculating but I think it may occasionally happen with higher value shoes that GOAT definitely wants the higher commission/fees on. 

Last edited:
Getting a shoe dropped off within 72 hours isn't usually an issue, but I don't think Sunday's/holidays should be counted as a business day

Usually how long does it take to approve selling? I've seen some say they just ask, how long should I wait before doing so?

I feel it should be that you have three BUSINESS days until shipping. Saturday and Sunday shouldn't be counted as business days at all.

I've had shoes sold on a Friday and dropped off the following Monday so it's not a problem. Sunday for sure is not a biz day.

easiest way to get over this issue is to not approve it right away if you know youre not going to ship it next day.

Back
Top Bottom